1 of 2
Flying Spaghetti Monster Necklace
Posted: 22 August 2011 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15433
Joined  2006-02-14

Love it! Would make a great gift. NB: I have no info about the maker, but saw a retweet by Jamy Ian Swiss. I assume it’s legit.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 22 August 2011 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

Wow, that one really has fidelity towards Bobby’s original sketch.  Good one.  Although I’d attach it to a bag or a coat, rather than my neck. 

Arrrrgh, it be nearly adequate to hoist mi heart up the halyard displaying mi new found allegiance with the Pastifarians.  Arrrgghh, praise be him, Ramen.

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 23 August 2011 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1423
Joined  2010-04-22

Oooo, cool idea, but I would think that the wires sticking out all over the place make wearing it problematic. It needs to be encased in glass or plastic.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 18 October 2011 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2007-04-17

The listing from this message is gone, but I wanted to show y’all the FSM I just bought. smile

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/58039320

Can you still see that?

Posted: 18 October 2011 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
Dorion - 18 October 2011 06:25 PM

The listing from this message is gone, but I wanted to show y’all the FSM I just bought. smile

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/58039320

Can you still see that?

Yes, I like it!

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 18 October 2011 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-17
traveler - 18 October 2011 06:44 PM

Yes, I like it!

Me too! I got that and a “zombie” heart with tentacles erupting from it (on a necklace). I’ve worn each of them to work, and unfortunately, once a person has a certain kind of…rep, no one asks any more.

Posted: 19 October 2011 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  3253
Joined  2011-08-15

I’ve been looking for the FSM tee shirt but I like this one too!  I’m getting the keychain and the peapod necklace for my grandaughter. It’s her nickname.

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 19 October 2011 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Original listing is gone because I tried to order one and it never arrived ... It wasn’t expensive but fortunately I was able to get my money back through PayPal and close the store. No idea what was up with that (the person seemed sincere, and even emailed me at one point), but I’m glad they shut down the storefront.

Caveat emptor!

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 19 October 2011 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  4859
Joined  2007-10-05

Evolve Fish has a lot of FSM merchandise. I have ordered from them several times and have received everything quickly.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 19 October 2011 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-17
dougsmith - 19 October 2011 04:33 AM

Original listing is gone because I tried to order one and it never arrived ... It wasn’t expensive but fortunately I was able to get my money back through PayPal and close the store. No idea what was up with that (the person seemed sincere, and even emailed me at one point), but I’m glad they shut down the storefront.

Caveat emptor!

Huh! Even though I’ve never had a disappointing etsy transaction, I’m glad you followed through and got ‘em shut down!

Posted: 19 October 2011 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Dorion - 19 October 2011 06:37 AM

Huh! Even though I’ve never had a disappointing etsy transaction, I’m glad you followed through and got ‘em shut down!

Yeah ... moral of the story is to go through PayPal or use a credit card. PayPal has a system for getting your money back so long as you inform them in a timely manner (like within 45 days or something). No guarantees but at least it worked for me.

I’ve heard of people getting scammed when the seller tells them to send a check or money order. I wouldn’t do it unless you’re very sure of the seller’s integrity.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 19 October 2011 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-17

PayPal is useful in that way as long as you file relatively quickly—I think it was actually 30 days when I had an ebay seller flake on me. I was waiting for a glass shipment from Canada, and after paypal and ebay BOTH refused to help me, I reported the transaction to my bank (Chase) which refunded me my money and continued the action on my behalf. So when people say they’re nervous about using their credit cards online, I tell them it’s safer for them than sending a check—and a money order?? No way!

Posted: 19 October 2011 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

That’s damn depressing that the site shut down but if they’re bilking people then so be it. I did find several FSM items on ebay including a watch of all things! Never had a problem with paypal and I’ve been with them for a couple of years, having only one incident with a seller. They (paypal) traced the money back and the seller admitted his mistake. He blamed Me for not sending the money to him. We are using the credit card more often now and so far, no difficulties.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 19 October 2011 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
thevillageathiest - 19 October 2011 12:27 PM

That’s damn depressing that the site shut down but if they’re bilking people then so be it. I did find several FSM items on ebay including a watch of all things! Never had a problem with paypal and I’ve been with them for a couple of years, having only one incident with a seller. They (paypal) traced the money back and the seller admitted his mistake. He blamed Me for not sending the money to him. We are using the credit card more often now and so far, no difficulties.

Well, to be fair for all I know the shop owner got hit by a car or something. All contact ceased so it made it easy for me to recover the funds, which makes me think it wasn’t intentional bilking.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 19 October 2011 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

I really hate that because I wanted that key chain. It would have been a conversation piece to start an innocent discussion that could lead to skepticism, that could lead to humanism, that could lead to ... ! big surprise

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 19 October 2011 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
thevillageathiest - 19 October 2011 03:36 PM

I really hate that because I wanted that key chain. It would have been a conversation piece to start an innocent discussion that could lead to skepticism, that could lead to humanism, that could lead to ... ! big surprise

The place I’m talking about only had the necklace. Other links in this thread are unrelated, and I think they do have keychains.

Signature 

Doug

1 of 2

‹‹ Apologies      *** Damn It! ››