Strauss-Kahn vs. Diallo
Posted: 23 August 2011 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

“Illuzi-Orbon said that Strauss-Kahns accuser, Nafissatou Diallo, was untruthful with us in virtually every substantive interview in matters of large and small significance. Illuzi-Orbon explained that while the physical and forensic evidence in the case suggests a hurried sexual encounter, it did not answer questions of force or consent. For a jury to believe an assault took place, jurors would have to rely on Diallos credibility. Indeed, the case rises and falls on her testimony, said Illuzi-Orbon in a direct quote from the dismissal motion.”

“When Judge Obus dismissed the charges, he placed a stay on the ruling for 30 days, meaning that the ruling would not go into affect for that time, allowing the appellate court to rule on Diallos appeal. It turns out the court didnt need much time at all. Less than two hours after the hearing ended, the appellate court denied the appeal, leaving Strauss-Kahn free to go.”

“In an interesting twist, [attorney Kenneth] Thompson himself gave the letter to the Times after criticizing the Manhattan DA’s office for press leaks in the complaint filed for the civil lawsuit. ‘There have been leaks to the news media of false information about Ms. Diallo, apparently by members of the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office,’ the complaint states, ‘that have severely damaged Ms. Diallo’s credibility, reputation and character.’”

Judge Officially Dismisses Charges Against Strauss-Kahn

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 24 August 2011 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2010-04-19
jump_in_the_pit - 23 August 2011 08:41 PM

“Illuzi-Orbon said that Strauss-Kahns accuser, Nafissatou Diallo, was untruthful with us in virtually every substantive interview in matters of large and small significance. Illuzi-Orbon explained that while the physical and forensic evidence in the case suggests a hurried sexual encounter, it did not answer questions of force or consent. For a jury to believe an assault took place, jurors would have to rely on Diallos credibility. Indeed, the case rises and falls on her testimony, said Illuzi-Orbon in a direct quote from the dismissal motion.”

“When Judge Obus dismissed the charges, he placed a stay on the ruling for 30 days, meaning that the ruling would not go into affect for that time, allowing the appellate court to rule on Diallos appeal. It turns out the court didnt need much time at all. Less than two hours after the hearing ended, the appellate court denied the appeal, leaving Strauss-Kahn free to go.”

“In an interesting twist, [attorney Kenneth] Thompson himself gave the letter to the Times after criticizing the Manhattan DA’s office for press leaks in the complaint filed for the civil lawsuit. ‘There have been leaks to the news media of false information about Ms. Diallo, apparently by members of the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office,’ the complaint states, ‘that have severely damaged Ms. Diallo’s credibility, reputation and character.’”

Judge Officially Dismisses Charges Against Strauss-Kahn

We’ll never know what really happened. If she was telling the truth, it doesn’t matter. Someone of her position doesn’t have a prayer against the attorneys of one with such power.

[ Edited: 24 August 2011 05:45 AM by Cloak ]
 Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 24 August 2011 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

It’s clear from the other reports of his behavior with women what happened. Strauss-Kahn is a serial rapist. The problem is that in this case Diallo wasn’t credible enough a witness to carry the case.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 24 August 2011 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  337
Joined  2008-09-10

The D.A.‘s office handled the beginning of this matter and the end of it poorly. It foolishly jumped all over DSK without inquiring into the alleged victim’s credibility, and then having belatedly done so threw the alleged victim to the wolves.  It’s unfortunate, as DSK is apparently a stupid old goat with a history of misconduct of this kind, and the outcome will just add to the burden on victims of sex crimes who will continue to have their credibility attacked with this being used as an example that “they cannot be trusted.”

Signature 

“Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain.” 
—F. Schiller

http://theblogofciceronianus.blogspot.com

Posted: 24 August 2011 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2005-07-20

I just follow the judgments, I don’t want to jump ahead of the judges and jurors based on news stories.  I’ll presume innocence until guilt is proven.  Weren’t there any lessons to learn from the Casey Anthony trial about jumping ahead of the courts?

If there are accusations out there, then I sympathize with the alleged victims, sure.  downer  For any victim the pursuit of justice is a difficult road and I fully sympathize with that.  A lack of tangible evidence does not make their accusation false.  But we’ve gone beyond mere accusations at this point, there has been a trial and a judgment, there has been a dismissal now.  Strauss-Kahn credibility has restored, Diallo’s credibility has been damaged.

Signature 

Posted: 24 August 2011 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  337
Joined  2008-09-10

There was no trial.  There was no judgment.  The prosecutor sought leave to dismiss the charges.  The court granted the request, which is not surprising as a prosecutor who is forced to try a case he does not believe has a chance of success will likely be unsuccessful.  A possible option would have been to appoint a special prosecutor, but the alleged victim here has credibility problems which make it improbable the criminal burded on proof can be met.

However, there has been no determination by a court of jury that DSK is guilty or not guilty of what he was charged for.  The charge, having been withdrawn, won’t be submitted for determination.

Signature 

“Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain.” 
—F. Schiller

http://theblogofciceronianus.blogspot.com

Posted: 24 August 2011 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  5179
Joined  2010-06-16

This is an unfortunate consequence, because people who are not educated and taught to think precisely get confused when asked similar questions in a variety of ways, so they answer them unclearly.  When this happens, the person gets nailed with “credibility problems.”

I was once a witness against a gang member who was breaking into the coin container at a laundermat.  I observed him do it, so I carefully noted what he was wearing, how tall he was, and his physical characteristics.  I then wrote them down for myself.  I was about twenty five and had a great time on the stand being precise and accurate when the public defender asked me similar questions a dozen times tryiing to get me to be sloppy.  Unfortunately people seldom do this. 

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 18 September 2011 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2005-07-20

Dominique Strauss-Kahn

The Telegraph UK - Former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn regrets ‘moral failure’ of liaison with New York hotel maid

“Insisting he had not paid for sex, Mr Strauss-Kahn went on to say he had committed a “moral fault that I’m not proud of. I regret it infinitely”, in terms reminiscent of former US president Bill Clinton in the Monika Lewinsky affair.

“He then went into a spirited and detailed defence of his case, saying a “lot of false things” had been said about him, that the prosecutor’s report showed there was no violence towards Miss Diallo and that she had repeatedly changed her version of events.

“Mr Strauss-Kahn still faces a potentially costly civil lawsuit.

“Mr Strauss-Kahn was far more tight-lipped about allegations by 32-year-old French writer Tristane Banon, that he tried to rape her eight years ago.

“Mr Strauss-Kahn showered with praise his long-suffering wife, who stood by him unflinchingly throughout his ordeal.

“Calling her an ‘exceptional woman’, he said he would not have made it without her, adding: ‘I hurt her, I know’ but that ‘she wouldn’t have stayed by my side and supported me if she didn’t know from the first second I was innocent’.”

Signature 

Posted: 25 September 2011 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15

The Telegraph UK - Former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn regrets ‘moral failure’ of liaison with New York hotel maid

What the hell does that mean? he forgot to ask her if she consented to his “needs”

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 26 September 2011 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  5179
Joined  2010-06-16

‘I hurt her, I know’ but that ‘she wouldn’t have stayed by my side and supported me if she didn’t know from the first second I was innocent’.”

What????  Is this an oxymoron, cognative dissonance, or_____.  If she knew he was innocent, why would she be hurt by him? 

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 21 February 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15

Oh dear, he is a bad boy, that one:

Dateline: 2/21/12 ~ LILLE, France (Reuters)
http://news.yahoo.com/strauss-kahn-held-police-french-prostitution-probe-095600942.html

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?