Selective Responsibility
Posted: 11 September 2011 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2008-11-10

Does anyone else think it’s weird that some religious people think you’re supposed to give thanks to God for all the good stuff that happens to you, but never blame God for any of the bad stuff that happens to you?

Posted: 11 September 2011 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5187
Joined  2010-06-16

Absolutely.  A recent example was Michelle Bachmann claiming that the environmental catastrophes were god’s punishment for people misbehaving.  I couldn’t help but notice that both the hurricane and the earthquake damaged Washington D.C.  Could it have been because of her obstructionist votes?  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 11 September 2011 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Yeah, but God never did like that phallic symbol anyway.  tongue wink

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 12 September 2011 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2011-02-11
traveler - 11 September 2011 10:23 AM

Yeah, but God never did like that phallic symbol anyway.  tongue wink

I thought the quake was God’s response to the rumors about renaming the Washington Monument to “a Bill Clinton Tribute”.

To John76…
Again, someone points out the arrogance that constantly comes out in place of humility and respect that is my biggest problem with religion as a whole.

Scott

Signature 

Imagine being a free-thinking intellectual from Seattle living in the Heart of the Bible Belt.  Where everyone regularly follows the chuch of Fox News.  Receives their sermons from Rush Limbaugh.  Invocation from Glenn Beck.  And Sarah Palin is their Prophet….

IF there’s a Hell…..  I found it.