1 of 2
Should Christians Rule the World?  {a la Perry and Bachmann}
Posted: 17 September 2011 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15

As I posted this to another thread I realized it deserves it’s own thread.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08/14/dominionism-michele-bachmann-and-rick-perry-s-dangerous-religious-bond.html
A Christian Plot for Domination?
Aug 14, 2011 10:51 PM EDT
Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry aren’t just devout—both have deep ties to a fringe fundamentalist movement known as Dominionism, which says Christians should rule the world.
{...}
Put simply, Dominionism means that Christians have a God-given right to rule all earthly institutions. Originating among some of America’s most radical theocrats, it’s long had an influence on religious-right education and political organizing. But because it seems so outré, getting ordinary people to take it seriously can be difficult. Most writers, myself included, who explore it have been called paranoid. In a contemptuous 2006 First Things review of several books, including Kevin Phillips’ American Theocracy, and my own Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism, conservative columnist Ross Douthat wrote, “the fear of theocracy has become a defining panic of the Bush era.”

Does anyone have related stories, or thoughts, to share?

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 18 September 2011 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2886
Joined  2011-08-15

Scary stuff indeed citizen! Revisionist “Christian” history is already out on the shelves. Remaking American history in their own image lays the foundation for this BS from the extreme right. Author Chris Rodda exposes this attempt to remake Constitutional history in his book, Liars for Jesus. In it he clearly shows the cut-and-paste type of writing published mainly for the home-schooling crowd. We are seeing now those children totally indoctrinated to believe theological half truths and outright lies. They are growing up to become semi-educated drones who will follow the theocrats at will. Some of my former students for example attended Jerry Falwell’s Liberty Baptist College. An institution of higher learning to continue the fundamentalist mindset.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 18 September 2011 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2011-09-02
citizenschallenge.pm - 17 September 2011 07:31 PM

As I posted this to another thread I realized it deserves it’s own thread.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08/14/dominionism-michele-bachmann-and-rick-perry-s-dangerous-religious-bond.html
A Christian Plot for Domination?
Aug 14, 2011 10:51 PM EDT
Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry aren’t just devout—both have deep ties to a fringe fundamentalist movement known as Dominionism, which says Christians should rule the world.
{...}
Put simply, Dominionism means that Christians have a God-given right to rule all earthly institutions. Originating among some of America’s most radical theocrats, it’s long had an influence on religious-right education and political organizing. But because it seems so outré, getting ordinary people to take it seriously can be difficult. Most writers, myself included, who explore it have been called paranoid. In a contemptuous 2006 First Things review of several books, including Kevin Phillips’ American Theocracy, and my own Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism, conservative columnist Ross Douthat wrote, “the fear of theocracy has become a defining panic of the Bush era.”

Does anyone have related stories, or thoughts, to share?

my thought;
I agree with those who called her and other writers of Dominionism paranoid, in that Dominion Theology has been around for a long time, a handful of Christians (compared to all Christians), subscribe to it.
I agree that Christian Dominion Theory (now called Dominionism) sells many books to the religious and non religious.
I believe that during time of presidential election campaign’s much fuel will be pumped into the burning fires of Secularism vs. Religion and Christian vs. Non Christian.
I believe that Christians will not rule the world and that Sharia has a better chance to do so.

What are your thoughts citizenschallenge.pm?

Posted: 18 September 2011 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1995
Joined  2008-09-18

This provides us with an excellent opportunity. Let us set aside some area of the Middle East for Christians, Jews, and Muslims to fight over. Jerusalem would be a good site. Simple declare that Jerusalem is free for the taking, and whomever wants to take it by force is free to do so.

This would purge these sects of their violent members.

Posted: 18 September 2011 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Glen Beck has already been there stirring the pot! Would he be considered the first wave of faithhead madness?  Even some Jews consider him too extreme.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 18 September 2011 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-09-02
Chris Crawford - 18 September 2011 08:26 AM

This provides us with an excellent opportunity. Let us set aside some area of the Middle East for Christians, Jews, and Muslims to fight over. Jerusalem would be a good site. Simple declare that Jerusalem is free for the taking, and whomever wants to take it by force is free to do so.

This would purge these sects of their violent members.

.....only if the religious do the fighting, which many do not.
Hey, just a minute here! It’s happening now since 1948, a continuation of the last six thousand years? These sects just keep birthing a new generation. I don’t see how your premise matures into desired conclusion. Unless a real big bomb is used, I will have to confer with a military science expert though.

Posted: 18 September 2011 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1995
Joined  2008-09-18

Yes, in order to work, it has to be carefully regulated. For example, permit only edged weapons (maybe asini mandibles as well?); permit each of the three sides to have exactly the same number of combatants (in other words, as dead or wounded are hauled out, their replacements go in); and let it continue until one side triumphs. I suppose it would be OK to have cheer leaders on the sidelines encouraging their own fighters; and of course it would make for GREAT TV! Think of it: “Survivor: Jerusalem”. Solid gold!

Posted: 18 September 2011 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-09-02
Chris Crawford - 18 September 2011 10:15 AM

Yes, in order to work, it has to be carefully regulated. For example, permit only edged weapons (maybe asini mandibles as well?); permit each of the three sides to have exactly the same number of combatants (in other words, as dead or wounded are hauled out, their replacements go in); and let it continue until one side triumphs. I suppose it would be OK to have cheer leaders on the sidelines encouraging their own fighters; and of course it would make for GREAT TV! Think of it: “Survivor: Jerusalem”. Solid gold!

that just maybe the ticket, shall we build a super-size stadium complete with McDonald’s selling ‘freedom’ fries’?  Or is this going to be an out door event with multiple venues. There are so many plans and details to be worked out, a committee is needed.

On second thought, citizenschallenge.pm wants to know Should Christians Rule the World? This battle idea of yours is only for Jerusalem. So it may not be the answer to world domination.

Posted: 18 September 2011 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

the strange thing about this conversation is that in some ways it mirrors the Christian last battle, Armageddon. Jerusalem will be besieged by two powers (Gog and Magog) beseiging the Holy ones on Mount Megiddo. Hmm. Could they be the Christians and the Arabs? God and his forces will ultimately defeat Lucifer and his and Satan will be thrown into a pit for a thousand years. And then a thousand year reign by Jesus. It’ll be televised and Fox will get all of the coverage as Rupert recently had god sign a thousand year contract with Bill O’Reilly as the commentator. Christians win and the earth is theirs for the taking. Sarah Palen mentions this in her latest book Why I didn’t sleep with an athelete! cheese

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 18 September 2011 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-09-02

who will be Bill’s pinheads, Gog or Magog?
And do we have to battle in the desert, there isn’t much shade there and it’s hot. Can we petition God to have the venue moved to China. The Chinese did a good job with the 2008 Olympics I’m sure they can afford to host a Armageddon event. If so, the Fuwa mascots can cheerlead. I liked those little guy’s running around acting crazy.

Posted: 19 September 2011 12:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2010-08-15
ohio204 - 18 September 2011 06:29 AM

my thought;
I agree with those who called her and other writers of Dominionism paranoid, in that Dominion Theology has been around for a long time, a handful of Christians (compared to all Christians), subscribe to it.
I agree that Christian Dominion Theory (now called Dominionism) sells many books to the religious and non religious.
I believe that during time of presidential election campaign’s much fuel will be pumped into the burning fires of Secularism vs. Religion and Christian vs. Non Christian.
I believe that Christians will not rule the world and that Sharia has a better chance to do so.

It’s the absolutism that scare the begeezzies outta me,
That and the conviction that if you believe something hard enough it is so, even if all physical evidence indicates something quite different.

I’ll admit I don’t know squat about Dominionism, beyond a few short reports {and for sure need to listen to Point of Inquiry:  Rachel Tabachnick - Exposing Dominionism}, but when I hear that there are people who are now saying that their Armageddon thing is supposed to happen BEFORE Jesus returns, that’s pretty scary.

Specially looking out at all the absolutism breed distrust, nay rejection/hatred/demonizing of the other and adulation of the military culture and guns and amo.

Sheit we demolished an entire nation, kids, moms and all, and the believers waved flags crying rahrah, while screaming against abortion, if that ain’t f#@&ing; crazy, what is it?  Oh, oh this is sinking into a rant, sorry, been working a lot, and want to rant a little but enough…
kiss

Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2011 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2011-09-02
citizenschallenge.pm - 19 September 2011 12:05 AM
ohio204 - 18 September 2011 06:29 AM

my thought;

It’s the absolutism that scare the begeezzies outta me,
That and the conviction that if you believe something hard enough it is so, even if all physical evidence indicates something quite different.

I’ll admit I don’t know squat about Dominionism, beyond a few short reports {and for sure need to listen to Point of Inquiry:  Rachel Tabachnick - Exposing Dominionism}, but when I hear that there are people who are now saying that their Armageddon thing is supposed to happen BEFORE Jesus returns, that’s pretty scary.

Specially looking out at all the absolutism breed distrust, nay rejection/hatred/demonizing of the other and adulation of the military culture and guns and amo.

Sheit we demolished an entire nation, kids, moms and all, and the believers waved flags crying rahrah, while screaming against abortion, if that ain’t f#@&ing; crazy, what is it?  Oh, oh this is sinking into a rant, sorry, been working a lot, and want to rant a little but enough…
kiss

thanks for the link, I hadn’t noticed the conversation going on.

Radical Protestants such as this New Apostolic Reformation deal can and have turned bible stories into new found theology, i.e., dominion theologists. To me it is scary in the sense that it has caught on and become subject of topic in many books, articles and other media. Also frightening, when to hear a educated person guesses at the number of 500 million are like-minded to Dominion theology. The word “hysteria” comes to my mind.

Absolutism vs faith. The only absolutes that I know are life and death, and it takes a medical doctor (or an act of Congress) to proclaim either. Faith, they say can move mountains, and yet I have not seen evidence of it. No matter how hard I believed, the mountain didn’t move. I’m guessing that faith and dominion theology walk hand-in-hand, for no matter how much faith and belief dominion theologians have.

Is this dominion theology , Dominionism, just a American debate/concern or is it international?

Posted: 19 September 2011 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

Ohio Route 204,
speaking of famous highways

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2011 02:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24

Bizzare, but there are a lot of people out there who may agree with Dominism. Isn’t this the main BS we worry about though?  People who think their fantasies are enough motivation to take over the world, if it happens it would just be great proof that there are no Gods who care what takes place on Earth LOL

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 20 September 2011 04:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2011-09-02
citizenschallenge.pm - 19 September 2011 11:22 PM

Ohio Route 204,
speaking of famous highways

Hwy 61 is famous, had forgotten about this tune and thanks for the memories.

Posted: 20 September 2011 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Hey, 204 every time I see your sign it reminds me that you and I live in the same state. I’m on 52, are you in Licking County? Not to pry but I’m posting an issue that directly effects us Buckeyes!

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

1 of 2