ITunes podcasts
Posted: 07 November 2006 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-11-07

I am a subscriber of 3 podcasts: Point Of Inquiry, an Obama podcast and the Naked Scientists… does anyone know why POI is the only one that includes a parental discretion disclaimer?
In addition, I-tunes also has the option to "clean" the content of POI? I have never heard anything obscene on the casts nor ‘bad language’ nor anything meriting a clean-up… so why POI gets the disclaimer and cleaning option? Is the content so objectionable? If anyone knows of another reason other than the obvious (sort of paranoid) one I am thinking of, let me know! Again, the other 2 casts aren’t given this discalimer or cleaning option…

Posted: 07 November 2006 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15433
Joined  2006-02-14

Re: ITunes podcasts

[quote author=“mezzobuff”]I am a subscriber of 3 podcasts: Point Of Inquiry, an Obama podcast and the Naked Scientists… does anyone know why POI is the only one that includes a parental discretion disclaimer?
In addition, I-tunes also has the option to “clean” the content of POI? I have never heard anything obscene on the casts nor ‘bad language’ nor anything meriting a clean-up… so why POI gets the disclaimer and cleaning option? Is the content so objectionable? If anyone knows of another reason other than the obvious (sort of paranoid) one I am thinking of, let me know! Again, the other 2 casts aren’t given this discalimer or cleaning option…

You’ll have to explain where you’re seeing this. All I see is the “Clean” box next to each episode. This isn’t a verb: “Clean the episode by pushing this button”, but a noun: “This is a clean episode”.

I expect that DJ and folks wanted them to put “Clean” next to the episodes to let people know that they were kid-safe.

If you’re talking about something else you’ll have to go into more detail about it.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 08 November 2006 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-11-07

Itunes podcasts

Thanks for the info!!!! A parental dislaimer appeared when I scrolled (or maybe accidentally tapped) the “clean” button, which made me think it was a verb/“clean up this objectionable material” sort of thing… knee jerk reaction when that black, double barred “parental discretion” banner went up ... what I didn’t read fully was that at the very end it explained what the “clean” icon meant. Duh! (obviously new to the whole pod-cast/i-tune thing…
Thanks again!

‹‹ Thank goodness!      Really fun song ››