1 of 4
Tears in heaven?
Posted: 27 September 2011 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2008-11-10

I wonder if you are religious, and your wife (and one true love) is an atheist, and if you get into heaven and your wife doesn’t, whether you spend eternity crying in heaven because you miss your wife?

Posted: 27 September 2011 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2011-09-02
john76 - 27 September 2011 05:30 PM

I wonder if you are religious, and your wife (and one true love) is an atheist, and if you get into heaven and your wife doesn’t, whether you spend eternity crying in heaven because you miss your wife?

I would, and I’d miss my mistress and my dog. Not to mention all the other pleasures I had on earth.
What is there to do in heaven?

Posted: 27 September 2011 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2590
Joined  2011-04-24

That would be a weird feeling I guess;  Some people who are believers might cry tears of joy, because they will never see their spouse again! cheese

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 27 September 2011 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2011-09-02

ouch!

BTW, do you know what time Happy Hour begins in Heaven? That would sure help take the edge off.

Posted: 27 September 2011 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2008-11-10

The doctrine of hell seems a little inconsistent given the relational nature of our well being.

Posted: 28 September 2011 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-09-28

i guess a large part of the answer to the question “are there tears in heaven” starts with exactly what you expect heaven to be.

If you look at the facts as recorded, Satan wasn’t the only angel to fall; he brought a full THIRD of the angels with him. So it seems that dissension most definitely exists in the heavenly realms. The ancient jewish texts state the angels rebelled twice; once for pride, and once for lust. The bible states unequivocally that angels are “higher beings” than humans. If “higher beings” rebelled twice, what’s to say that we won’t do the same? Or will we become “stepford people?” As long as free will is involved, there will always be arguments, factions, and politics ... and yes, rebellion.

Remember that god is omniscient, when god created satan, he had to know EXACTLY what he was creating, and what his creation would do. (If he didn’t, he wouldn’t be very omniscient.)

However, if one desires to create a fabric, one needs both a warp and a woof. Polar opposites are a requisite for testing free will. If anything, god and satan seem to be working together. Then there’s always the book of job. i believe they made a movie about that called “trading places” with eddie murphy. it’s a wonderful movie, as well as a perfect demonstration of how two very powerful beings make a $1 bet in order to test several people – just for the hell of it. (pardon the pun).

The word “alien” simply describes a life-form that is not of this earth. In that respect, god, angels, fallen angels, demons, and ETs; all fit in the same box. Everything is in the minutiae, the tiny little details that are included – those are really what lend credence to many of the things that i’ve studied. especially when the minutiae describe well-known and easily recognizable details through the eyes of a 21st century being.

Posted: 28 September 2011 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2011-09-13
mid atlantic - 27 September 2011 06:24 PM

That would be a weird feeling I guess;  Some people who are believers might cry tears of joy, because they will never see their spouse again! cheese

LOL-Tell it like it is Mikey.

Posted: 28 September 2011 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  2891
Joined  2011-08-15

If we are inclined to pick our favorite mythological afterlife then I’ll choose hell.  All of the freethinkers will be there anyway and we won’t have to fawn after a god who couldn’t stand our existence in the first place. Women, in addition would be free to speak their minds and have equal status with men. Even Jesus wouldn’t be there to tell us how severely to beat our slaves, because there wouldn’t be any! I am looking forward to talking to Mark Twain.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 28 September 2011 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2011-09-20

Matthew:

22:29   Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
22:30   For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

I think that implies there are no angel-angel relationships in heaven.  As an angel your job is to praise and glorify god, and that’s it.  For ever. That’s billions and billions of years of doing nothing except worshipping god with psalms and harps.

Hardly seems worth dieing for, does it?

Posted: 28 September 2011 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-28

i’m not sure if angel/angel relationships are allowed. according to the ancient jewish texts, the “celestials had no children because they were eternal.” no references to the angel’s of heaven having sexual relationships, except for those who “landed” on Mt. Hermon (which is on the 33rd parallel, as is roswell). If what landed on Mt. Hermon weren’t angels, what were they? Genesis 6:4 says that these angels found earth’s women attractive and had sex with them; the offspring of which were giants. That’s the first time hybrids are mentioned in the bible, it certainly isn’t the last.

it would make a great myth except for the minutiae ... the giants had 6 fingers and 6 toes, for a count of 4 and twenty, and double rows of teeth. odd details. details which were recorded by every culture on earth including the bible and the talmud. it is said that the reason for the flood was to rid the world of the nephilim.

from genesis 6:4 right up to today, the topic of hybrids has never disappeared. Egypt’s walls are full of hybrid beings; as well as paintings of headless people, with an animal head already removed and prepared for implant sitting on the table at his side.

myths? perhaps. but if they are, how do they keep getting all the details so precisely correct? wouldn’t stone-age man be more interested in his day-to-day survival than he would be inventing stories that krishna fought his enemies with heat seeking arrows in flying vehicles called vimanas? hitler used 12K year old vedic technical specs to create both weapons and rockets. there is nothing new, just things that have been forgotten.

Posted: 28 September 2011 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
rocketman - 28 September 2011 03:58 PM

myths? perhaps. but if they are, how do they keep getting all the details so precisely correct?

Um, no.

wouldn’t stone-age man be more interested in his day-to-day survival than he would be inventing stories that krishna fought his enemies with heat seeking arrows in flying vehicles called vimanas? hitler used 12K year old vedic technical specs to create both weapons and rockets.

Where the heck do you get your history? No, he didn’t. He used experts like Wehrner von Braun.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 28 September 2011 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-28

before you jump to the incorrect conclusion so quickly, you might want to research who or what von braun claimed was the source of his technology.

Posted: 28 September 2011 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
rocketman - 28 September 2011 06:27 PM

before you jump to the incorrect conclusion so quickly, you might want to research who or what von braun claimed was the source of his technology.

Not from Indian myths, that’s for sure.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 28 September 2011 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  2590
Joined  2011-04-24

i’m not sure if angel/angel relationships are allowed. according to the ancient jewish texts, the “celestials had no children because they were eternal.” no references to the angel’s of heaven having sexual relationships, except for those who “landed” on Mt. Hermon (which is on the 33rd parallel, as is roswell). If what landed on Mt. Hermon weren’t angels, what were they? Genesis 6:4 says that these angels found earth’s women attractive and had sex with them; the offspring of which were giants. That’s the first time hybrids are mentioned in the bible, it certainly isn’t the last.

it would make a great myth except for the minutiae ... the giants had 6 fingers and 6 toes, for a count of 4 and twenty, and double rows of teeth. odd details. details which were recorded by every culture on earth including the bible and the talmud. it is said that the reason for the flood was to rid the world of the nephilim.

from genesis 6:4 right up to today, the topic of hybrids has never disappeared. Egypt’s walls are full of hybrid beings; as well as paintings of headless people, with an animal head already removed and prepared for implant sitting on the table at his side.

myths? perhaps. but if they are, how do they keep getting all the details so precisely correct? wouldn’t stone-age man be more interested in his day-to-day survival than he would be inventing stories that krishna fought his enemies with heat seeking arrows in flying vehicles called vimanas? hitler used 12K year old vedic technical specs to create both weapons and rockets. there is nothing new, just things that have been forgotten.

Fantastic stories like the ones you refer to don’t prove that pre historic humans had vastly sophisticated technology; imagining things that are strange and/or non existent is inherent in our species.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 28 September 2011 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26

How many gods are there? If angels are eternal, are they not also gods? Thus the entire idea of a single god is mathematically wrong.

Or a natural disaster that wiped out the dinosaurs. The idea of nephilim (giants of old) came from the discovery of large bones and skulls, fossilized remnants of dinosaurs. 

Would you recognize a hybrid being?  Check out the incredible diversity from just evolution.

Yes and when it thundered, Thor was angry, lightning was an “arrow”. Vedic “technical specifications of rockets and modern weapons? In great detail and minutiae? Show me a vedic blueprint of a functional rocket or a description of the fuel, other than a fiery flame like a comet.

[ Edited: 28 September 2011 09:28 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 29 September 2011 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  2891
Joined  2011-08-15

Are you really Erich Von Danikin? Hybrid creatures? The Egyptians built their temples (by themselves by the way without ancient alien help) in the bronze age not the paleolithic era. These depictions were meant to be gods representing natural phenomena. Thoth is my favorite. Von Braun and other German scientists used Robert Goddard’s experiments as a basis for their research, and Von Braun was more interested in space travel by the way.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

1 of 4