1 of 2
God. Profit from Murder and Genocide? Get serious.
Posted: 29 September 2011 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  604
Joined  2011-08-10

God. Profit from Murder and Genocide? Get serious.

When reading the Bible, the facts show God as setting a ransom for forgiving man. That ransom was Jesus. God then sets the conditions to have Jesus murdered. Thus is how all sins, for all of eternal time, are forgiven. God does not do anything half way. After all, He would not want to break his own word and sin again.

Eze 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psa 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him.

Father God screwed up and he is having his son Jesus bear the iniquity that he himself created. An insane act.

No sane God would waste a son so needlessly. This is obvious I think to most.

This is the conclusion that one must come to, if we make Jesus part of the Trinity. This is unacceptable, as God would not murder his son.
This kills the Trinity notion.

Otherwise, God Goes straight to hell for murder.

As above, so below. The believers duty is to follow God’s example. The first commandment.

If you would NOT do such, ( murder your own son ), and you are of the Abraham religions, then you are not a true follower. You have placed yourself above God.

Rather a catch 22.

The genocide of Noah’s day would also be an example of God profiting from murder. At a wholesale price. It boils down to God having a reality that he did not like, to a position of God having a reality that he liked better. Strangely, some even say that God does not change.

The God that I know does not work that way.

If your God does, and you follow this God, you should question why you do.

To follow your God, you would have to be willing to kill your own children, as well as use genocide on the rest of mankind, as you follow an unfathomable, impossible to understand, alien God.

How does that make you feel?

Poorly I hope. Does it make you want to trade in your God for a new and improved model?

One who will not ask you to go insane with him. All that just because he found something that he did not create. Iniquity. This, God had to learn as he had not known it was in him.

Regards
DL

Posted: 29 September 2011 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2011-09-02

“How does that make you feel?”  I feel fine

“Poorly I hope. Does it make you want to trade in your God for a new and improved model?”    No, you haven’t a convincing argument, it’s lacking something…..

Posted: 29 September 2011 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1591
Joined  2010-04-22

DL, you’re preaching to the wrong audience. I know that the Bible doesn’t make sense. I’m over it. I pay as much attention to the Bible as I do to Jerry Seinfeld. Which is to say, not much.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 04 October 2011 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28

To follow your God, you would have to be willing to kill your own children, as well as use genocide on the rest of mankind, as you follow an unfathomable, impossible to understand, alien God.

Poorly I hope. Does it make you want to trade in your God for a new and improved model?

Never having ever had a god in the first place, i find that question irrelevant.

Posted: 07 October 2011 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
ohio204 - 29 September 2011 10:57 AM

“Poorly I hope. Does it make you want to trade in your God for a new and improved model?”    No, you haven’t a convincing argument, it’s lacking something…..

Not a God worth scaping.
It has that in spades.

Regards
DL

Posted: 07 October 2011 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
TromboneAndrew - 29 September 2011 02:15 PM

DL, you’re preaching to the wrong audience. I know that the Bible doesn’t make sense. I’m over it. I pay as much attention to the Bible as I do to Jerry Seinfeld. Which is to say, not much.

Then you ignore the damage it continues to do?

Regards
DL

Posted: 07 October 2011 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
skuld - 04 October 2011 11:28 AM

Never having ever had a god in the first place, i find that question irrelevant.

In a sense, the secular state is your God.

At the end of the day, all the Gods, by whatever name,  are represented by a set of rules.

We all have a God.

Regards
DL

Posted: 07 October 2011 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

In no sense is my secular state a god.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 07 October 2011 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-09-02
Greatest I am - 07 October 2011 08:13 AM
ohio204 - 29 September 2011 10:57 AM

Not a God worth scaping.
It has that in spades.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am; I believe in God. But your point of view is very strange indeed to me. I have nothing more to offer until I can figure out what you mean. I’ll keep my God, still looking for understanding of your post and a convincing argument as to why switch, and switch to what? Your interpretation of scripture is something new to me, very odd. Can you give me a reference of where you find this interpretation. thanks.

Posted: 07 October 2011 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  3594
Joined  2011-08-15

We all have a God

How can you worship nothing?

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 08 October 2011 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  1809
Joined  2007-10-22

We all have a God

I don’t know if we all have a god, but in any case those of us who do make him/her/it up ourselves.  (Even if we are accepting the traditions we are raised in.)  They can be extemely useful or damaging depending on how they are used.  You are responsible for all actions taken in the name of the gods you create or accept.  There ain’t no big daddy in the sky going to bail us out when we screw up.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 08 October 2011 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  7716
Joined  2008-04-11
traveler - 07 October 2011 09:29 AM

In no sense is my secular state a god.

ditto here.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 09 October 2011 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  697
Joined  2010-07-01
Greatest I am - 07 October 2011 08:18 AM
skuld - 04 October 2011 11:28 AM

In a sense, the secular state is your God.

At the end of the day, all the Gods, by whatever name,  are represented by a set of rules.

We all have a God.

Regards
DL

Orly? I love when people redefine the concept of God just to justify their statements.

No, I don’t have a God and by that I mean, a magical creature, that does neato things, that make me forever super happy.

Posted: 09 October 2011 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

It just struck me, except for the “forever” couldn’t your definition be that of a girlfriend rather than a god, E.M.?  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 11 October 2011 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  697
Joined  2010-07-01

Very true Occam wink

Posted: 11 October 2011 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2011-09-02
ExMachina - 09 October 2011 08:43 PM

Orly? I love when people redefine the concept of God just to justify their statements.

No, I don’t have a God and by that I mean, a magical creature, that does neato things, that make me forever super happy.

You also seem to have a redefined version to justify your statement as well.

1 of 2