1 of 4
M.I.A since April - but happy to be back in the loop!
Posted: 01 October 2011 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2011-01-10

The job market here in Toronto has been horrible - since April I have worked for 2 different companies - I’m happy to say the company I’ve most recently been hired at seems really great, and I am fitting in well.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and let you know I’m resuming posting in the forums :D

I’ve got some catching up to do obviously, but any major developments worth mentioning?

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

Posted: 01 October 2011 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Hi missmac,

Yeah, I am not sure what’s going on in Toronto. We are down to two designers, from last year’s fifteen. The problem we have, is that we can’t seem to be able to find anybody decent.

As far as anything new worth mentioning here goes, supposedly, 9/11 was a conspiracy, we are still not sure if we have free will and…and that’s about it.  grin Welcome back!

Posted: 01 October 2011 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7571
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome back, Missmac.  The job market is horrible all over.  Glad you found something.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 01 October 2011 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Welcome back, Missmac.  I’m delighted that you are able to come back.  When I see how many young, competent people are suffering unemployment, I realize I’m lucky to be an old fud on a pension.  Of course, even that isn’t completely safe.  The bank that controls the retirement fund tried to declare bankruptcy, but some retired lawyers for the companies for whom the bank held the funds took them to court, an analysis showed that they were loaded, but planned to close up shop and give their executives huge closing bonuses.  Fortunately, the judge stopped that from happening.

George was correct but he missed a few.  George, don’t forget Global Climate Change and the nature(genetics)/nurture “discussions”.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 01 October 2011 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Nature/nurture has been solved a long time ago, Occam: Genes rule, nurture is BS.  grin

Posted: 01 October 2011 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

Now that REALLy did make me LOL!!!  I really feel sorry for you, George, having to put up with all of us (genetic) subnormals who just can’t get it through our heads that your arguments are perfect and authority ultimate.  LOL  smile

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 01 October 2011 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Ahh, don’t feel too bad, Occam. It’s been a pleasure to be able to prove you all wrong.  cool grin

Posted: 01 October 2011 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

And they say there are no wise-asses on this forum.  smile

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 01 October 2011 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-10

Yes, I hate to admit, but I have watched a lot of conspiracy movies on numerous topics, separation of church and state, Chemtrails, and water fluoridation (which I am currently sending multiple emails to our Mayor - who is a lying moronic asshole- to take fluoride OUT of our tap water)

Before anyone even tryies to argue with me on this one: Please note the following post I made to my blog today:

Rob Ford is a complete twat - REMOVE THE FLUORIDE FROM THE DRINKING WATER!!!

First of all - to anyone who believes that fluoride in the drinking water is a good thing, and that it’s beneficial: Please read the 2 points below and then shut the fuck up.

1. Fluoride is only effective in maintaining tooth enamel when applied TOPICALLY - not through ingestion - which has been linked to multiple health implications.

2. Go look at the back of the toothpaste tube - see that warning? about not swallowing toothpaste? and the notification to call poison control in case of accidental ingestion? Do you get it now?

First off - heres a good video that explains the dangers it poses.

Remove Fluoride From Our Tap Water (by domi1928)

And this second video is a bit extreme at points - but pay attention to the clip of the water treatment facilities pipes that pump fluoride……..do you also find it a bit scary that all the fluoride transferring pipes are peeling outside, and eating through the wall supports? Just think of what its doing inside your stomach and digestive track! Infowars Hidden Camera - Fluoride Treatment Facility: Nightly News Report (by TheAlexJonesChannel)

BOTTOM LINE: Toronto’s Mayor is a complete tool - and doesn’t seem to actually ever look in to things himself -but instead refers to someone else (who probably doesn’t do much research either) From the email response he sent back in March when I inquired about the fluoride in the water - the response he relayed from the cities “Medical Officer” says Presently, the medical advice is to continue with fluoridation”

So even after my initial email providing new, up to date information on the issue, and a link to an article saying that Calgary city council has voted 10-3 to remove fluoride from the city’s drinking water. He still prefers to not do any thinking for himself.
EAT SHIT AND DIE!

And yes - I have been seeing alot of articles on states implementing mandatory vaccinations - even when there have been so many recorded adverse reactions and deaths. I cant imagine - being involuntarily shot up with all sorts of chemicals, hoping that you are not that 1 in 1000 who will fall dead to the floor. Free Will?

Signature 

– David Viaene

Posted: 01 October 2011 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Oh darn, too late for me. I suppose I should have died years ago of fluoride poisoning. I grew up in the military. Overseas. Where fluoridation was mandatory in areas where the local drinking water was unsafe. Which included most of the areas we lived. As a consequense, I (and my sibs) did not have a single cavity until I was almost 30, as opposed to my mother who lost all of her teeth to caries by that time, and my dad who had many, many cavities. If you were under the military of the 50s to early 60s (as I was), and lived overseas (as I did) you had to take the entire sequence of manufactured vaccinations, every 6 months (as I did). And those vaccines were much, much cruder than the current crop of vaccinations. I’m sure I am a mutant by now! cool smirk

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 02 October 2011 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  7571
Joined  2007-03-02

You, me, and most of others over the age of 30 on this board.  No, not living on a military base, but having it in our drinking water.  Fluoride has been in our drinking water for decades now.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 02 October 2011 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

I remember I once asked my dentist about this and he told me that the fact we didn’t have fluoride in our water back in Czechoslovakia was a big problem. Also, my friend who is a chemist (he makes “food”) said that our water in Toronto is perfectly safe. Since they are both expersts, I have no reason to disagree with them.

Posted: 02 October 2011 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-10

Oh man, Ok then Im going to point you here firts: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/1221254309/ID=14972321

On the fluoride issue: the point is this - fluoride is classified as an active ingredient and drug - therefore adding it to a city’s water supply is involuntarily drugging the population that doesn’t wish to consume it. Wish so many easy and affordable ways to get fluoride (toothpaste, rinses) we should certainly have the option to include it or not, but still have an water supply free from toxins if we so choose. We are not given ac choice. I have been drinking bottled water, that has 0 fluoride PPM - and let me tell you it raises expenses a bit. And to those who argue that some people can afford toothpaste - I call bullshit, it’s much more expensive for me to buy fluoride free water than to buy toothpaste once every 3 months or so.

And the last time I checked - water is essential to human life and function - no one will die if they dont get fluoride. So let’s keep our water supply chemical free - and let people poison themselfs a-la-carte at their own free will.

Signature 

– David Viaene

Posted: 02 October 2011 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Drinking bottled water, which is practically sterile water, is not a good idea. It is free of any minerals and probably more harmful to you than the little fluoride in our tap water. BTW, I don’t think you really mean it when you say our water supply should be chemical free. You should probably research the whole topic with a little more objectivity.

Posted: 02 October 2011 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

Fluoridated water is one of the great advances of modern civilization.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 02 October 2011 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
dougsmith - 02 October 2011 10:13 AM

Fluoridated water is one of the great advances of modern civilization.

Only if you like your teeth!  LOL

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

1 of 4