3 of 3
Wall Street protests
Posted: 23 November 2011 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10

Very cool. It’s nothing like that here in Oakland, lol

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 23 November 2011 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

Moxnews: Olbermann Interviews Dorli Rainey 84 Year Old Pepper Sprayed By Seattle Cops

Spoiler for Dial-up users: ((  “I’m feeling great.  I’m feeling so energized, its amazing what a little pepper spray will do for you.”  Rainey says she’s been involved in the woman’s rights movement, her was headed to a transportation meeting when she left one bus to transfer to another.  She heard all the noise, figured it was the Occupy Seattle protests so she when to “check it out”.  She bumped into some of her friends, and she has a diverse group of friends, not just a single demographic.  And the police knew that they “were on the verge of leaving”, when the pepper spray started.  “[7:29]I got peppered and shoved.  And thank heavens there was a wonderful young Iraq veteran stood next to me and he says… he… he grabbed me as I stumbled as people were pushing… people couldn’t see where they were going, the cops kept pushing with the bicycles, and the space we were in got smaller and smaller, so we were really pinned in and that young man stabilized me, otherwise I would have been on the ground, trampled!  And this really is not a good picture to think about.”  Then she [9:40] compares the Seattle situation to her experiences in Nazi West Germany. ))

Pregnant woman pepper sprayed at Occupy Seattle

[ Edited: 23 November 2011 03:43 PM by jump_in_the_pit ]
 Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 23 November 2011 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  5190
Joined  2010-06-16

As a dial up user, thanks, J.I.T.P.  I appreciate it.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

3 of 3