1 of 7
Telepathy Problem
Posted: 09 October 2011 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-10-09

I’m Majid, 31 years old, from Tehran, Iran. I have Msc of computer science. About 9 month ago, I understand people can easily understand my thoughts. Before this, for 6 month, I have much effort to strengthen my focus hardly. Of course, I didn’t intend to become a telepathist.  I also sometimes hear some simple sounds such as ticks, or some words or even music.  Most of them were located inside one of my ears and some of them was from outside. These sounds have harmony by my thoughts and my feelings. Sometimes, people interfere in the process of my thinking and decision-making. These sounds have one of the most evidence for me that others can understand my thoughts. Also, I feel sometimes thoughts and images in my brain are not owned by me.  It seems I am also a receiver of brain signals of other

Many people claimed such as this phenomenon that really has a mental disease such as schizophrenia and schizophrenia. But I don’t have any of these mental diseases.  People know me; build a symbolic language to communicate with me. They use this language according to my thoughts.

Some of my observations listed below:

1-    People near me, such as my neighbors can understand my thoughts. I don’t know some of them but they can connect me.  I don’t know how they can do this.

2-    I guess they can understand my feelings. Also they can watch everything I see. They can listen to whatever I say or I listen. Even, when I touch myself without any thinking, they can understand.

3-    When I watch live broadcast programs on local TV or radio, executors can understand my feelings. Even it’s possible they can understand my thoughts.

4-    A helmet was entitled Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie (AFDB) was claimed can prevent spreading brain signals. But I think this claim is lying. It doesn’t work for me at least.

I know that this story seems unbelievable. I am ready to any cooperation with the researchers. I am also ready for any test conducted by the researchers to prove the existence of this phenomenon.

My blog is: telepathist.blog.com

How can I prove to others that I say real?

Signature 

Blog: telepathist.blog.com

Posted: 09 October 2011 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6199
Joined  2006-12-20
majid - 09 October 2011 04:30 AM

Bear in mind it’s not just others you need to provide evidence to. It’s yourself as well.

You need to devise a test that we can get results from and the results must be other than we’d expect to find if you are not telepathic.

Also, be prepared for a shock, you might be wrong.

Stephen

Posted: 09 October 2011 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

I’d suggest going to your doctor and making an appointment with a competent neurologist or psychiatrist.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 09 October 2011 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-09
StephenLawrence - 09 October 2011 05:07 AM

Bear in mind it’s not just others you need to provide evidence to. It’s yourself as well.

You need to devise a test that we can get results from and the results must be other than we’d expect to find if you are not telepathic.

Also, be prepared for a shock, you might be wrong.

Stephen

I have two evidences that proved me, I’m not mental sick and others can really understand my thoughts:

1- People know me; build a symbolic language to communicate with me. They use this language according to my thoughts. These happen every day during 9 month ago.

2- As Mentioned, I receive some sounds, words, and even music which have harmony with my thoughts. These also happen every day during 9 month ago.

I have done MRI scan, perfect blood and urine tests, and a psychology test. All of them indicated me normal and healthy.

I have a simple question,  I know this is unacceptable for you but IF we assume I say true, what process should I go until the international skeptics would desire to evaluate the validity of my claim?

[ Edited: 09 October 2011 07:59 AM by majid ]
 Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2011 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Go to the application page at the James Randi Foundation. If you get through their tests you will win $1M.

Meanwhile I would suggest making an appointment with a competent psychiatrist for medical testing.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 09 October 2011 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  6167
Joined  2009-02-26

majid,

The thoughts and sounds you hear are most likely your own thoughts and as such you recognize them in two ways. Your conscious thought process and your subconscious thought process.
Have you heard of the expressions, “internal conversation”, “making up your mind”, “being of two minds”, a little voice whispered in my ear”. We use these expressions all the time to indicate our internal processing of information. You can hear words, sentences, sounds, music, from your own memories, which are activated when you see or hear something familiar that triggers a memory.

I can hear songs, the music and voice of the singer, long after I heard the original recording. This is why these thoughts seem so familiar, you are generating them from memory.

It is one of the problems with “prophets” who claim to hear the voice of god speaking to them.

My daughter had a similar problem, she thought her internal conversations were with unknown, but familiar “others”. She has since learned to place these thoughts in proper perspective.

[ Edited: 09 October 2011 08:22 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 09 October 2011 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

I read recently that they are not sure why exactly schizophrenics hear voices and that Ramachandran suspects the problem actually lies in the vocal cords of the larynx, or more accurately, in the connection between the brain and the larynx. Supposedly, when we think to ourselves, we get unconscious movement of the vocal cords and since the schizophrenics fail to realize that it’s their vocal cords making that movement, they interpret their own thoughts as voices of other people. But as I said, for now it’s only Ramachandran’s theory. In any case, though, I agree with Doug that Majid needs to see a doctor.

Posted: 09 October 2011 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Many people claimed such as this phenomenon that really has a mental disease such as schizophrenia and schizophrenia.

Or Alzheimer’s.  cheese

Posted: 09 October 2011 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  6199
Joined  2006-12-20
George - 09 October 2011 08:58 PM

I read recently that they are not sure why exactly schizophrenics hear voices and that Ramachandran suspects the problem actually lies in the vocal cords of the larynx, or more accurately, in the connection between the brain and the larynx. Supposedly, when we think to ourselves, we get unconscious movement of the vocal cords and since the schizophrenics fail to realize that it’s their vocal cords making that movement, they interpret their own thoughts as voices of other people.

That’s interesting George, I would say we are conscious of this (or almost) if we focus. I’ve noticed that when I talk to myself in my head and pay attention to my tongue I can feel it’s “almost moving” or in readiness to move.

I’ve wondered if we originally had conversations without simulating them and gradually learnt to simulate them because of it’s evolutionary benefits? Is that the main theory? We’d start by talking to ourselves out loud and then gradually manage to do it without making a sound but still the activity of the vocal cords is needed to generate the simulation.

We only know what the words are at the same time as they occur, just like when we hear somebody else speak to us, we might anticipate the words but we can with other people and are only better at it with ourselves because we have more information.

I wonder what neurologists see when they look at the brain “listening” to somebody else and “listening” to itself? I would have thought the brain activity is very similar indeed. Edit: Actually better, what they see when they watch the brain and the larynx with us talking out loud to ourselves and talking to ourselves in our heads.

Stephen

[ Edited: 09 October 2011 10:43 PM by StephenLawrence ]

Posted: 09 October 2011 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  6167
Joined  2009-02-26

Seems that conversations with oneself can be dramatic. I have had occasion for self admonition (loudly and often accompanied by a vulgarity), self slapping, cringing at the judgement of the other observer.
But I know it is me looking at myself and it is comforting to know there is a “second opinion”... cheese

[ Edited: 09 October 2011 11:12 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 10 October 2011 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-09

The thoughts and sounds you hear are most likely your own thoughts and as such you recognize them in two ways. Your conscious thought process and your subconscious thought process.
Have you heard of the expressions, “internal conversation”, “making up your mind”, “being of two minds”, a little voice whispered in my ear”. We use these expressions all the time to indicate our internal processing of information. You can hear words, sentences, sounds, music, from your own memories, which are activated when you see or hear something familiar that triggers a memory.

1- Even if I don’t think and stop my thoughts , I hear the sounds, and words
2-  The words is not similar to my talking or thinking style. some words only used in conversation between two persons, not in the internal conversation.
3- Speaker’s voice is not my voice.
4- I also feel sometimes thoughts,images, even dreams in my brain is not owned by me. In fact, I guess, I received them from others. This happens especially at night while I want to sleep.
5- if we suppose the sounds aren’t real. But there were external events and symbolic language which people use corresponding to my thoughts.
6- These feedbacks (sounds , and symbolic language ) occurred frequently in each day in past 9 months.

I can hear songs, the music and voice of the singer, long after I heard the original recording. This is why these thoughts seem so familiar, you are generating them from memory.

7- I don’t hear music after listening to it for longtime. Others play music in my ear when I was sad.

It is one of the problems with “prophets” who claim to hear the voice of god speaking to them.

My daughter had a similar problem, she thought her internal conversations were with unknown, but familiar “others”. She has since learned to place these thoughts in proper perspective.

8- Previous of past 9 month, I was healthy completely. I don’t have any problem with my internal conversation.

[ Edited: 10 October 2011 01:50 AM by majid ]
 Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2011 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-09
dougsmith - 09 October 2011 08:56 AM

Go to the application page at the James Randi Foundation. If you get through their tests you will win $1M.

Meanwhile I would suggest making an appointment with a competent psychiatrist for medical testing.

Why medical testing? Even if am I healthy?
I suspect this forum belongs to skeptics. Is it true?

[ Edited: 10 October 2011 03:30 AM by majid ]
 Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2011 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
majid - 10 October 2011 01:59 AM

Because your symptoms are classic psychoses, as in bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and any number of serious mental illnesses. You probably need to be taking antipsychotic drugs, but only a competent doctor will know for sure.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 13 October 2011 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-10-13
majid - 10 October 2011 01:59 AM
dougsmith - 09 October 2011 08:56 AM

Of course, if the music that you hear is original and fantastic then you should be writing it down or recording it. You could be another Bach or Brahms.

Skeptics? Yes, most probably.

Signature 

“You have made your way from worm to man, and much in you is still worm. Once you were apes, and even now, too, man is more ape than any ape.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted: 17 October 2011 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Yes it does. In fact, it’s a forum which is provided by one of the leading skeptical organizations in the United States and can be accessed from it’s homepage.

On the question of telepathy, I disbelieve any and all such claims because on close inspection, none of them have ever held up to any sort of genuinely rigorous testing.

That much said, I’m open to the possibility that it’s a sense/ability/power which might exist if somebody can provide adaquate evidence to support it which positively excludes any other possibility.

So where would one find a good test subject?

I suspect it would be the nearest insane asylum.

Why?

Not because people who make the claim are crazy, but because I have good reason to believe that genuine telepaths would be driven crazy by the random, unsheilded, chaotic, often violent and uncontrolled thoughts of everybody around them.

Think about that a spell and you’ll understand what I mean.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 17 October 2011 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I agree about the extreme unlikelihood of telephathy, but have a question about EOC’s comment: 

Not because people who make the claim are crazy, but because I have good reason to believe that genuine telepaths would be driven crazy by the random, unsheilded, chaotic, often violent and uncontrolled thoughts of everybody around them.

By that reasoning, radios and television sets couldn’t work because they would be loaded with all sorts of signals flowing in from every direction.  I would guess that an effective telepath would have some sort of tuning mechanism in her brain.  (More likely to be female because of superior empathy.)

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

1 of 7