Telepathy Problem
Posted: 19 October 2011 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10
majid - 19 October 2011 01:31 PM
domokato - 19 October 2011 11:55 AM
majid - 19 October 2011 11:23 AM

what is really make difference between reality and imagination? I believe the statistics. The repetition rate, and clearance of corresponding feed-backs with my thoughts.

What do you mean?

I mean how I can understand this paranormal event is real or I have schizophrenia. I think frequency of occurrence, diversity, clearance and resolution of these events. If I receive ten or one hundred feed-backs corresponding to my thoughts, I have right to doubt.  If it occurred more on everyday then I can believe its reality. These feed-backs occurred frequently in each day for me

What do you mean by “clearance” and “resolution”? And what do you mean by “feedback”? You mean just hearing something? If so, why do you think more of them means it is more likely to be real?

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 19 October 2011 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-10-09
Write4U - 19 October 2011 02:35 PM

what is really make difference between reality and imagination? I believe the statistics. The repetition rate, and clearance of corresponding feed-backs with my thoughts.

What do you mean?

I mean how I can understand this paranormal event is real or I have schizophrenia. I think frequency of occurrence, diversity, clearance and resolution of these events. If I receive ten or one hundred feed-backs corresponding to my thoughts, I have right to doubt.  If it occurred more on everyday then I can believe its reality. These feed-backs occurred frequently in each day for me

I have very limited knowledge, but I know that brain function switches from on side of the brain to the other. As each side of the brain controls different thought processes, is it possible that you are internally observing this switching process, i.e. sounds alternating from left to right or vice versa?

I only know the left hemisphere of the brain controls the right side and vice versa. No, because:
1- I also hear words, sentences, and music.
2- The sounds have harmony by my thoughts. They aren’t existed always. Sometimes, others interfere in the process of my thinking and decision-making and I hear these sounds.
3- The problem is not only hearing sounds.  I feel sometimes thoughts, images, and dreams injection ( I have doubt about this). Also there was touch telepathy ( I am sure about this).

Signature 

Blog: telepathist.blog.com

Posted: 20 October 2011 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-09
domokato - 19 October 2011 03:11 PM

What do you mean?

What do you mean by “clearance” and “resolution”? And what do you mean by “feedback”? You mean just hearing something? If so, why do you think more of them means it is more likely to be real?

It means clarity and accuracy. Feed-backs are referred to the received signals corresponding to my thoughts. Some signals are internal (such as hearing sounds) and others external (as symbolic language used by others). I believe the frequency of occurrence of external feed-backs is important.

[ Edited: 20 October 2011 01:17 AM by majid ]
 Signature 

Posted: 20 October 2011 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  6175
Joined  2009-02-26

Keep a diary of your actual mental experiences…..with dates, places, associations, weather conditions, type of experience and your translation of the words or music. It might make a fine book on critical thinking and introspection.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 20 October 2011 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-09

Brain signal is categorized as ELF (Extremely Low Frequency). The wavelength of ELF waves in air is very long (6000km at 50Hz). Also they can penetrate much deeper than other waves. So, the ELF waves are used to communicate by submarines in the deep of oceans. Although, there were a few number of receiver for the ELF waves in world, because they need too long antenna.
Also some long distance empathy (as a type of telepathic connection) is reported in the world. When a person close to you is in pain or trouble and in cases close to death, you feel that there is something wrong with that person even though that person is far away. This kind of long distance empathy is quite common in parents and spouses.
I have also reached some evidences about possibility of long distances telepathy. However, I am not sure about this. I know watching is important and transmitter should be able to watch receiver.
I must empathize again. I am not mental sick. I really have a strange power. If the webcam experiment is successful then we can participate in the James Randi match, and probably could win $ 1 million.

Signature 

Posted: 20 October 2011 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
Write4U - 19 October 2011 02:35 PM

I have very limited knowledge, but I know that brain function switches from on side of the brain to the other. As each side of the brain controls different thought processes, is it possible that you are internally observing this switching process, i.e. sounds alternating from left to right or vice versa?

Psychoses—which is what these hallucinations amount to—have nothing to do with the split nature of the brain, AFAIK. They can happen in otherwise healthy people (see the wiki on hallucinations in the same) but again AFAIK are generally seen as evidence of mental illness. For more see the wiki on psychosis. It sounds somewhat like majid has chronic hallucinatory psychosis, or perhaps brief psychotic disorders, although I’m no doctor.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 20 October 2011 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
majid - 20 October 2011 02:24 AM

If the webcam experiment is successful then we can participate in the James Randi match, and probably could win $ 1 million.

And when you fail at that I hope you’ll realize that what’s going on is something entirely internal to your brain, and get a competent medical diagnosis and ongoing treatment.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 20 October 2011 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10
majid - 20 October 2011 01:14 AM
domokato - 19 October 2011 03:11 PM

What do you mean?

It means clarity and accuracy. Feed-backs are referred to the received signals corresponding to my thoughts. Some signals are internal (such as hearing sounds) and others external (as symbolic language used by others). I believe the frequency of occurrence of external feed-backs is important.

But whether or not the signal corresponds to your thoughts says nothing about whether the signals are real or hallucinatory. It could just as easily be either. In fact, doesn’t it require that others are also telepathic to be able to have their “signals” corresponding to your thoughts? It seems more likely that they are hallucinations, then.

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 20 October 2011 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

I think whatever ails the OP is probably the same thing that ailed Moses, the Hebrew prophets, Mohammed, etc. Maybe he should write some scriptures?

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 20 October 2011 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
FreeInKy - 20 October 2011 10:47 AM

I think whatever ails the OP is probably the same thing that ailed Moses, the Hebrew prophets, Mohammed, etc. Maybe he should write some scriptures?

Maybe ... but do recall there are plenty of preachers who claim to talk with God every day and are quite sane. It’s just that they’re using “God” as another way of describing their own beliefs. “God told me he’d call me to heaven if we didn’t get a million dollars” doesn’t so much mean “I hallucinated that a large man with a white beard spoke to me last night” as it means “I’d really like a million dollars”.

The same may well be true of at least some of the Biblical work. It could also be considered a sort of literary device.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 20 October 2011 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Joined  2011-08-01

But most of those preachers don’t claim to hear audible voices in their head. Maybe some do.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 20 October 2011 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
FreeInKy - 20 October 2011 10:56 AM

But most of those preachers don’t claim to hear audible voices in their head. Maybe some do.

Yeah, but it all depends on how seriously you take their self-descriptions. (Not the preachers of today, but those of long past). When the king says God told him to invade the neighbors, he’s not really saying he heard an audible voice in his head, even if that’s the way it got written down by the scribes.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 20 October 2011 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Joined  2011-08-01

Point taken.  grin

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist

Posted: 21 October 2011 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Total Posts:  3264
Joined  2011-08-15

Also don’t rule out the frequent use of hallucinigenic drugs and gases in the classical age. One example would be the Oracle at Delphi where the priestess sniffed fumes from a volcanic fissure. Even now the Native American Church uses peyote in their ceremonies to create hallucinations for visions. These could also account for “voices” and other manifestations to trick the brain.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 21 October 2011 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

And since Halloween is coming up, let’s not forget why witches are associated with broomsticks.

Ride Sally Ride…

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

4 of 7