5 of 7
Telepathy Problem
Posted: 22 October 2011 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Brain signal is categorized as ELF (Extremely Low Frequency). The wavelength of ELF waves in air is very long (6000km at 50Hz). Also they can penetrate much deeper than other waves. So, the ELF waves are used to communicate by submarines in the deep of oceans.

If that’s the case, then you should be able to pick up anybody’s thoughts with a simple radio reciever tuned to that range of frequencies, and be able to demonstrate this under controlled laboratory conditions.

The problem with this is that one’s thoughts being transmitted would be a hell of a lot of information to try and communicate in an instant using a frequency range which is barely able to communicate more then a few characters every thirty seconds.

Perhaps you should look for a different explaination or a much higher frequency.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 23 October 2011 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-10-09
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 22 October 2011 09:29 AM

Brain signal is categorized as ELF (Extremely Low Frequency). The wavelength of ELF waves in air is very long (6000km at 50Hz). Also they can penetrate much deeper than other waves. So, the ELF waves are used to communicate by submarines in the deep of oceans.

If that’s the case, then you should be able to pick up anybody’s thoughts with a simple radio reciever tuned to that range of frequencies, and be able to demonstrate this under controlled laboratory conditions.

The problem with this is that one’s thoughts being transmitted would be a hell of a lot of information to try and communicate in an instant using a frequency range which is barely able to communicate more then a few characters every thirty seconds.

Perhaps you should look for a different explaination or a much higher frequency.

there were a few number of receiver for the ELF waves in world, because they need too long antenna. This is only a hypothesis. There are some other hypotheses. One of them described in this paper: “A PRIMARY QUANTUM MODEL OF TELEPATHY”. It gives a primary quantum theoretical model of telepathy based on the principle of quantum superluminal communication.
Also Vasiliev (1963) devised some interesting tests. He placed the subjects within chambers that were heavily sealed from all forms of electromagnetic radiation. In this test the subjects responded exactly as they had without the shielding, contradicting the results of the other Soviet experimenters. Vasiliev’s rigidly controlled experiments showed that there was more to telepathy than electromagnetic waves. A Russian physicist, V. Arkadev, supported Vasiliev’s contention by saying that the intensity of the waves that could be spawned by the electric currents in the brain is so low that dissipation occurs very close to the skull. Even though it has been proven that electromagnetic radiation can affect the central nervous system, the electromagnetic waves generated by the electric currents that are constantly surrounding modern men and women are of a much higher intensity than any kind of electromagnetic radiation the brain could muster.

I have done some experiments. Now, I don’t think that telepathy be a term of ELF waves. It’s most like to quantum model.

Signature 

Blog: telepathist.blog.com

Posted: 23 October 2011 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15370
Joined  2006-02-14
majid - 23 October 2011 12:43 AM

there were a few number of receiver for the ELF waves in world, because they need too long antenna. This is only a hypothesis. There are some other hypotheses. One of them described in this paper: “A PRIMARY QUANTUM MODEL OF TELEPATHY”. It gives a primary quantum theoretical model of telepathy based on the principle of quantum superluminal communication.
Also Vasiliev (1963) devised some interesting tests. He placed the subjects within chambers that were heavily sealed from all forms of electromagnetic radiation. In this test the subjects responded exactly as they had without the shielding, contradicting the results of the other Soviet experimenters. Vasiliev’s rigidly controlled experiments showed that there was more to telepathy than electromagnetic waves. A Russian physicist, V. Arkadev, supported Vasiliev’s contention by saying that the intensity of the waves that could be spawned by the electric currents in the brain is so low that dissipation occurs very close to the skull. Even though it has been proven that electromagnetic radiation can affect the central nervous system, the electromagnetic waves generated by the electric currents that are constantly surrounding modern men and women are of a much higher intensity than any kind of electromagnetic radiation the brain could muster.

I have done some experiments. Now, I don’t think that telepathy be a term of ELF waves. It’s most like to quantum model.

Sorry, majid, this sounds like pseudoscientific nonsense. Where are you getting your information?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 23 October 2011 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-09
dougsmith - 23 October 2011 05:44 AM
majid - 23 October 2011 12:43 AM

Sorry, majid, this sounds like pseudoscientific nonsense. Where are you getting your information?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremely_low_frequency

This document summarizes scientific researches in area of telepathy:
http://www.unexplainedstuff.com/Mysteries-of-the-Mind/ESP-Researchers-Telepathy.html

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2011 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-09

Telepathy Quantum-based or Wave-Based

Rood Afshan is a cave in Iran with a length of 1500 meters. It consists of three rooms. Yesterday, I visit this cave twice alone. Nobody was in the cave but there were someone outside around the cave. But, I still receive voices from other and I also have touch telepathy with others. Others can still understand my thoughts. However, I know you can’t believe this. But according to this experiment, I suspected to telepathy be a type of wave-based communication. It may be of quantum-based type. I also guess there is no distance restriction in telepathy and I just watch the subject lively.

At first, I went to second room. The passage of this room to other room was large. So, there was possibility of wave communication with the outside of the room and the cave. In this room, I still receive voices and touch telepathy from other that was according to my thoughts. When I went out of the cave, during a conversation between me and someone, I understand there was other room by meander and narrow way. I believe that in this room, there isn’t possibility of wave communication with outside.  So, I return to inside of cave while he connected me. He guide me (by voices on my ears) until I found third room. But the connection was still maintained in this room.

[ Edited: 23 October 2011 06:28 AM by majid ]
 Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2011 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
majid - 23 October 2011 06:14 AM

Nothing there about telepathy.

http://www.unexplainedstuff.com/Mysteries-of-the-Mind/ESP-Researchers-Telepathy.html

No citations of any kind in that web article. Where is this info coming from? How do we know it’s accurate?

HERE is a webpage about telepathy with some citations ...

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 23 October 2011 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

there were a few number of receiver for the ELF waves in world, because they need too long antenna.

Then you have a massive problem here. Assuming telepathy exists (And you have not demonstrated under any sort of controlled conditions which would exclude any other possibility that it does) then there is no way it can possibly be by way of extremely low frequency radio since the human brain doesn’t have any sort of antennea at all, long or short.

Looking at things on the quantum level may be a bit more reasonable if you could show a biological mechenism for detecting and exploiting anything on a quantum level to exchange information, but I have to point out that you’re still putting the cart before the horse.

You’re trying to explain telepathy as if it exists without bothering to be sure if it even does exist.

In other words, before you try to explain anything, first you have to ask “Is it even real?” and then be honest about it no matter which way it goes.

So far, you haven’t taken that first important step. You’re assuming it, but you can’t show it.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 24 October 2011 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-10-24

I have an interest in wave mechanics . here is a physical theory on shamanic experience which opens a whole new world of discussion..Shamans are not schizophrenic.http://psychedelic-information-theory.com/toc.php

Posted: 24 October 2011 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
ETHNO - 24 October 2011 04:17 AM

I have an interest in wave mechanics . here is a physical theory on shamanic experience which opens a whole new world of discussion..Shamans are not schizophrenic.http://psychedelic-information-theory.com/toc.php

No, they aren’t schizophrenic but they are fantasizing. Here is your link’s definition of Shamanism:
Shamanism is the craft of evoking spontaneous organization of psychedelic information in a subject or group of subjects to promote plasticity, imprinting, and transformation. Psychedelic information implies holistic or meta level manipulation of memory and identity, and so this definition fulfills the functions of therapy, sorcery, mind control, applied psychedelic science, targeted neuroplasticity, behavioral conditioning, and tribal bonding. The technology of evoking and imprinting psychedelic information is inherently neutral, the shaman learns to apply this technology for healing and positive plasticity, the sorcerer succumbs to the temptation to use this technology for black magic and negative plasticity.

There is not one bit of solid thought in that definition. Psychedelic, meta level, black magic ,and sorcery are keywords that make my BS meter peg.  mad

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 24 October 2011 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
ETHNO - 24 October 2011 04:17 AM

Well, question is how you know they (or at least some of them) aren’t schizophrenic, or otherwise mentally ill. Either they are mentally ill or they are taking various psychoactive drugs or as traveler says, they are fantasy-prone. (Or just fakers). One doesn’t require absurdly baroque “physical theories” here. The mundane theory is quite good enough to account for shamans and other woo-meisters.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 26 October 2011 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-09
dougsmith - 23 October 2011 07:21 AM

No citations of any kind in that web article. Where is this info coming from? How do we know it’s accurate?

I read it, But when there are two opposing groups: skeptics and those who believe ESP, I personally prefer to read articles on both sides, not just read articles from one side.

Signature 

Posted: 26 October 2011 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-09
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 23 October 2011 09:36 AM

there were a few number of receiver for the ELF waves in world, because they need too long antenna.

Then you have a massive problem here. Assuming telepathy exists (And you have not demonstrated under any sort of controlled conditions which would exclude any other possibility that it does) then there is no way it can possibly be by way of extremely low frequency radio since the human brain doesn’t have any sort of antennea at all, long or short.

Looking at things on the quantum level may be a bit more reasonable if you could show a biological mechenism for detecting and exploiting anything on a quantum level to exchange information, but I have to point out that you’re still putting the cart before the horse.

You’re trying to explain telepathy as if it exists without bothering to be sure if it even does exist.

In other words, before you try to explain anything, first you have to ask “Is it even real?” and then be honest about it no matter which way it goes.

So far, you haven’t taken that first important step. You’re assuming it, but you can’t show it.

For me, honestly, it has been proven. During past 9 months, from unbelievable thing become normal and usual.
But you are right that don’t believe telepathy. I hope there is no distance restriction in telepathy and if I just watch the subject lively, the subject could read my thoughts.  In this saturation it can prove.  But so far nobody has been willing to cooperate for this test.

Signature 

Posted: 26 October 2011 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10
majid - 26 October 2011 10:17 AM
dougsmith - 23 October 2011 07:21 AM

I read it, But when there are two opposing groups: skeptics and those who believe ESP, I personally prefer to read articles on both sides, not just read articles from one side.

You should also pay attention to the reasoning and evidence supporting their beliefs, rather than just lump them into two categories and give them equal consideration.

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 28 October 2011 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2011-09-13
majid - 09 October 2011 04:30 AM

I’m Majid, 31 years old, from Tehran, Iran. I have Msc of computer science. About 9 month ago, I understand people can easily understand my thoughts. Before this, for 6 month, I have much effort to strengthen my focus hardly. Of course, I didn’t intend to become a telepathist.  I also sometimes hear some simple sounds such as ticks, or some words or even music.  Most of them were located inside one of my ears and some of them was from outside. These sounds have harmony by my thoughts and my feelings. Sometimes, people interfere in the process of my thinking and decision-making. These sounds have one of the most evidence for me that others can understand my thoughts. Also, I feel sometimes thoughts and images in my brain are not owned by me.  It seems I am also a receiver of brain signals of other

Many people claimed such as this phenomenon that really has a mental disease such as schizophrenia and schizophrenia. But I don’t have any of these mental diseases.  People know me; build a symbolic language to communicate with me. They use this language according to my thoughts.

Some of my observations listed below:

1-    People near me, such as my neighbors can understand my thoughts. I don’t know some of them but they can connect me.  I don’t know how they can do this.

2-    I guess they can understand my feelings. Also they can watch everything I see. They can listen to whatever I say or I listen. Even, when I touch myself without any thinking, they can understand.

3-    When I watch live broadcast programs on local TV or radio, executors can understand my feelings. Even it’s possible they can understand my thoughts.

4-    A helmet was entitled Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie (AFDB) was claimed can prevent spreading brain signals. But I think this claim is lying. It doesn’t work for me at least.

I know that this story seems unbelievable. I am ready to any cooperation with the researchers. I am also ready for any test conducted by the researchers to prove the existence of this phenomenon.

My blog is: telepathist.blog.com

How can I prove to others that I say real?

The first thing you must do is remove any possibility that you are suffering from a mental or emotional illness.  The only legitimate road to take is to get this answer is with Medical Doctors.  If the Medical Doctors say you have no illness contact the department of Neurosciences at any major university.  You may also want to look into the Rhine Research Center Institute for Parapsychology. Durham NC USA (the successor to the Parapsychology Lab at Duke University.

Personally I think you may have a medical problem but at the same time I hope you don’t.

Posted: 30 October 2011 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

For me, honestly, it has been proven.

No it hasn’t. Not under any sort of controlled conditions which would exclude any other possibility. You claim the effect without knowing what the cause is, or even if there is an effect which has been caused.

You’ve presented arguements but it’s been shown that your evidence isn’t evidence at all.

Frankly, I’m at a loss to understand where you think you’re going with all this.

Signature 

5 of 7