Anderson Cooper and psychics.
Posted: 18 October 2011 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2007-04-17

Oh crap. I just typed up this whole post—on an iPad no less—and the forum spit it out. Because of the fickle nature of online anythings, I usually copy a post before I attempt to submit it, but oh no, not this time.

So before I type up more commentary, let me do this is an abbreviated form to see if the links get kicked back again.

Within the same week, Anderson Cooper, on his new daytime tv show, went from “undercover psychic exposé” to a complete ass-kiss-fest for John Edward.

The former episode, which I suspect is truer to Cooper’s actual, perspective.

The latter episode, which I suspect is pandering at worst and trying to be gentle to mama at the best, and simply a celebrity ratings show somewhere in the middle.
**Edit: Sure enough, this is the link that is forbidden. The are several videos, including the “full reading” Cooper got from Edward, on Anderson Cooper’s site.

The (mostly) women who consume daytime tv really deserve better than this soft-headed nonsense.

Posted: 18 October 2011 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2714
Joined  2011-04-24
Dorion - 18 October 2011 07:27 PM

Oh crap. I just typed up this whole post—on an iPad no less—and the forum spit it out. Because of the fickle nature of online anythings, I usually copy a post before I attempt to submit it, but oh no, not this time.

So before I type up more commentary, let me do this is an abbreviated form to see if the links get kicked back again.

Within the same week, Anderson Cooper, on his new daytime tv show, went from “undercover psychic exposé” to a complete ass-kiss-fest for John Edward.

The former episode, which I suspect is truer to Cooper’s actual, perspective.

The latter episode, which I suspect is pandering at worst and trying to be gentle to mama at the best, and simply a celebrity ratings show somewhere in the middle.
**Edit: Sure enough, this is the link that is forbidden. The are several videos, including the “full reading” Cooper got from Edward, on Anderson Cooper’s site.

The (mostly) women who consume daytime tv really deserve better than this soft-headed nonsense.

He-he, it’s kind of amusing! I didn’t know that the show even existed, let alone that Anderson Cooper is propping up TV psychics. Do you think he is skeptical about that stuff? I guess he’s been in the tv world long enough to accept the fact that bullcrap must be sold to the public.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 18 October 2011 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2007-04-17

I do think he is skeptical. He said as much in the “undercover” episode. Cooper has also been known to refer to himself as a “serious journalist.” I don’t think this kind of programming is exactly backing that up.

Posted: 18 October 2011 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Dorion - 18 October 2011 08:32 PM

I do think he is skeptical. He said as much in the “undercover” episode. Cooper has also been known to refer to himself as a “serious journalist.” I don’t think this kind of programming is exactly backing that up.

I’m not that familiar with him. Let’s hope your’re right about him, and hope he doesn’t turn into a male Oprah! LOL

Signature 

Posted: 19 October 2011 02:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Whatever anybody else thinks of psychics, I like what one police officer was quoted as stating when she said that of all the psychics she had dealt with, not one of them ever saw it coming when she arrested them for fraud.

Kinda sez it all!

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 19 October 2011 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 19 October 2011 02:02 AM

Whatever anybody else thinks of psychics, I like what one police officer was quoted as stating when she said that of all the psychics she had dealt with, not one of them ever saw it coming when she arrested them for fraud.

Kinda sez it all!

LOL

Signature