1 of 2
A really hard question on Satan and deception.
Posted: 19 October 2011 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  604
Joined  2011-08-10

A really hard question on Satan and deception.

You all know that I always have answers for everything but these ones have me stumped.
That or Satan is deceiving me. How could I know?

If angels have free will, why has one never shown themselves?

There are apparently good angels and evil angels that have been renamed as demons.

If either of these showed itself, we could not distinguish it from God himself. No one has ever seen God.

Would we accept it as God and be deceived?

After all, it is said by God that Satan has the power to deceive the whole world.
Knowing this, and knowing that most of the world belongs to one religion or another. It follows that most people in these religions have been deceived.

How then can believers be so sure that they follow the right God?
As scripture indicates that most if not all will be following the wrong God thanks to deception.

Are you somehow immune to Satan, who can deceive the whole world?
If atheists are deceived, then there really is a God.
If believers are deceived, then there really is no God.

If a believer, how do you get around this catch 22.

Are morals the only good way around it?

If so, then if you are a believer that believes that Sodom or the genocide of Noah’s day is good justice, does that mean that you have been deceived?

Because on the face of it, since non believers are a minority and think it evil, then you, as part of the majority and think it good, must be wrong.

Is genocide then a good thing or an evil thing?
Careful, you have definitely been deceived if God was right. Satan has deceived you.

Regards
DL

Posted: 19 October 2011 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
Greatest I am - 19 October 2011 12:05 PM

A really hard question on Pink Unicorns and deception.

You all know that I always have answers for everything but these ones have me stumped.
That or The Pink Unicorn is deceiving me. How could I know?

If Leprechauns have free will, why has one never shown themselves?

There are apparently good Leprechauns and evil Leprechauns that have been renamed as Elves.

If either of these showed itself, we could not distinguish it from the Fairy King himself. No one has ever seen The Fairy KIng.

Would we accept it as the Fairy King and be deceived?

After all, it is said by the Fairy King that the Pink Unicorn has the power to deceive the whole world.
Knowing this, and knowing that most of the world belongs to one religion or another. It follows that most people in these religions have been deceived.

How then can believers be so sure that they follow the right Fairy King?
As scripture indicates that most if not all will be following the wrong Fairy King thanks to deception.

Are you somehow immune to The Pink Unicorn, who can deceive the whole world?
If reality based people are deceived, then there really is a Fairy King.
If sheep are deceived, then there really is no Fairy King.

If a believer, how do you get around this catch 22.

Are morals the only good way around it?

If so, then if you are a believer that believes that Valhalla or the genocide of Zeus’ day is good justice, does that mean that you have been deceived?

Because on the face of it, since non believers are a minority and think it evil, then you, as part of the majority and think it good, must be wrong.

Is genocide then a good thing or an evil thing?
Careful, you have definitely been deceived if the Fairy King was right. The Pink Unicorn has deceived you.

Regards
DL

There! I fixed it for you! It makes perfect sense now! grin

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 19 October 2011 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2011-09-13

I disagree.  I can only feel it has been “fixed” if the tooth fairy did it.

Posted: 19 October 2011 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2891
Joined  2011-08-15

There are apparently good Leprechauns and evil Leprechauns that have been renamed as Elves

I totally disagree with this concept. If you carefully research Tolkien, Book one chapter 1 you will clearly see that the wood elves and their cousins were created as immortal entities independent of humans AND orcs. The orcs, as any fundamentalist Tolkienite knows are the only TRUE evil placed here in Middle Earth by the embodiement of darkness, dare I mention the name, Sauron. This I know to be true in my heart and it only makes common sense to those of the sacred texts. Praise Frodo!

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 19 October 2011 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26

Suppose god and satan do exist, but the guy telling you about them is lying, i.e. what he claims as god is satan and what he claims as satan is actually god?

A human cunundrum…... confused

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 20 October 2011 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

I once dated an angel. She was gorgeous and very sweet, but sex was tough because her wings kept getting in the way. Anyway, she told me that most angels secretly are rooting for Satan. Apparently heaven is a very boring place.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 20 October 2011 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Man! These are the best threads, aren’t they?

Really hard questions…  rolleyes

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 20 October 2011 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29

You are all getting a YouTube cowhead from Greatest.  vampire

Posted: 20 October 2011 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2008-11-10
FreeInKy - 20 October 2011 07:28 AM

I once dated an angel. She was gorgeous and very sweet, but sex was tough because her wings kept getting in the way. Anyway, she told me that most angels secretly are rooting for Satan. Apparently heaven is a very boring place.

I believe that.  What exactly are you supposed to be doing for eternity?  God must be a great activity coordinator.

Posted: 20 October 2011 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
Write4U - 19 October 2011 04:30 PM

Suppose god and satan do exist, but the guy telling you about them is lying, i.e. what he claims as god is satan and what he claims as satan is actually god?

A human cunundrum…... confused

If you count the bodies, God does way more killing than Satan so Satan would get my vote and not God.

Regards
DL

Posted: 20 October 2011 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2011-08-10

Yes. I hear there is only one T V chanel and it is tuned to hell all the time.

Better to shovel coal in hell than to spend eternity watching friends, neighbors and our children in torture and flame forever.
Only a sick mind would conceive of such a situation or wish it upon anyone. That is why God would not do such because then, heaven would be hell.
If those in heaven did not go insane then they could not have once been human or good.

You should think of hell just a bit and recognize that God would not create such an immoral construct.

Regards
DL

Posted: 20 October 2011 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
john76 - 20 October 2011 10:14 AM

I believe that.  What exactly are you supposed to be doing for eternity?  God must be a great activity coordinator.

Activity? NO! You get to spend eternity at god’s feet as a groveling sycophant, and loving every minute of it! LOL

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 October 2011 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2011-10-18

Knowing how many humans behave on earth, how would they act in heaven?

I know you’re supposed to lead a virtuous life to gain access to heaven, but no one is that perfect.

Would the human mind be able to handle this supposed paradise? Or would it be the same crap with people trying to gain the upper hand?

I know it’s a fairy tale anyway, but that’s one question I’ve pondered. Which no religious person that I know has been able to answer.

Posted: 20 October 2011 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2008-11-10
Greatest I am - 20 October 2011 01:51 PM

Yes. I hear there is only one T V chanel and it is tuned to hell all the time.

Better to shovel coal in hell than to spend eternity watching friends, neighbors and our children in torture and flame forever.
Only a sick mind would conceive of such a situation or wish it upon anyone. That is why God would not do such because then, heaven would be hell.
If those in heaven did not go insane then they could not have once been human or good.

You should think of hell just a bit and recognize that God would not create such an immoral construct.

Regards
DL

There’s nothing conceptually wrong with Hell.  There’s an all powerful being, and you piss Him off, and He damns you to Hell.  Perfectly possible.

Posted: 20 October 2011 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  5190
Joined  2010-06-16

Figure that when you die your short memory is wiped out.  That means you repeat everything over and over and over and over in heaven without ever realizing that you did it before.

Occccccccaaaaaammmmmm

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 20 October 2011 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2008-11-10
Occam. - 20 October 2011 03:33 PM

Figure that when you die your short memory is wiped out.  That means you repeat everything over and over and over and over in heaven without ever realizing that you did it before.

Occccccccaaaaaammmmmm

There you go.  Perfectly possible.

1 of 2