London church HIV “prayer cure” has caused three deaths
Posted: 20 October 2011 04:26 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2011-09-13

Sad, so sad.  I’m always sad to hear of illness or death cause when someone is convinced to go against sound medical advice by those not versed in science.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14406818

Posted: 20 October 2011 04:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15300
Joined  2006-02-14
deros - 20 October 2011 04:26 AM

Sad, so sad.  I’m always sad to hear of illness or death cause when someone is convinced to go against sound medical advice by those not versed in science.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14406818

Wow ... good thing to keep in mind for those who claim that prayer heals. (The whole idea behind Christian Science, isn’t it?)

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 20 October 2011 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2011-10-18

I’ve read this somewhere else. It’s a real shame. And I always find this sort of thing very revealing.

Posted: 22 October 2011 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

This sort of thing should serve as an nice example of the sort of harm that holding fallacious beliefs has in store for those who cling to them.

Unfortunately, believers rarely see it that way, preferring to explain it away as “God’s Will.”

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 22 October 2011 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2011-10-14

A couple of years ago, here in NZ, a lady was killed during a christian exorcism, by members of her own family, they were trying to get the devil out,
so sad\
what a waste ,

Signature 

I want for myself what I want for other women, absolute equality.
~ Agnes Macphail

Posted: 24 October 2011 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

Its really a crying shame when this happens.  I imagine its really worse than the alternative medicine because so many people look to a god instead of their doctor for medicine.  I hear that the Christian Science followers say that if you have Christ, then you don’t need science including medicine, then they shame their members who go to the doctor, so members are in-the-closet about doctor’s visits.  Then I hear that the Amish aren’t good about medicine either.  Oh and then those Christian snake handlers in Appalachia, they’re the worst.  Poor people.  downer

Its official now, belief in god can kill.  Beware people.

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 24 October 2011 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  5939
Joined  2006-12-20

A quick look at the link confirmed my suspicions that this was a “black thing” going on.

This is just from my experience living in Watford (about 15 miles from the centre of London) in which pretty much all black people I’m aware of are involved in these churches.

Dunno why but it is the case.

Stephen

Posted: 24 October 2011 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22
jump_in_the_pit - 24 October 2011 12:48 PM

Its really a crying shame when this happens.  I imagine its really worse than the alternative medicine because so many people look to a god instead of their doctor for medicine.  I hear that the Christian Science followers say that if you have Christ, then you don’t need science including medicine, then they shame their members who go to the doctor, so members are in-the-closet about doctor’s visits.  Then I hear that the Amish aren’t good about medicine either.  Oh and then those Christian snake handlers in Appalachia, they’re the worst.  Poor people.  downer

Its official now, belief in god can kill.  Beware people.

There is a fool born every minute.  Care to buy a bridge. oh oh

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.