6 of 6
Moammar Gadhafi is dead
Posted: 25 October 2011 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4108
Joined  2006-11-28

FWIW, I still disagree with George’s notion that it makes any sense to apply r-K selection theory to subgroups within a species, particularly given the low genetic diversity of humans and the low average genetic difference between groups typically identified as “races.” The theory refers to gross differences in reproductive strategy between different species, not to small differences in reproductive rate or infant mortality rates between subgroups within a species.

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

Posted: 26 October 2011 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Total Posts:  3254
Joined  2011-08-15

This has been a fascinating argument on genetic development and one to certainly learn from (one of the reasons I’m on this site) and I would like to segue back to Gaddafi if possible. Given his obvious mania for control and the documented deaths he was responsible for could he be considered a sociopath? If so, then would genes play a role here? there has been much discussion that certain genetic anomilies effect human behavior leading to sociopathic actions. Are certain people born without the ability to relate to others? Examples: Hitler, Manson, and Gacy come to mind. Just a thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFjWM3pMrvA

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 26 October 2011 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Jack,

You may want to check out Barbara Oakley’s book Evil Genes: Why Rome Fell, Hitler Rose, Enron Failed, and My Sister Stole My Mother’s Boyfriend. It’s been some time since I read it and although I didn’t like the way it was written (you might), some of the things she talked about were very interesting.

IIRC, Oakley was also a guest on the Point of Inquiry.

[ Edited: 26 October 2011 10:30 AM by George ]

Posted: 26 October 2011 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Total Posts:  3254
Joined  2011-08-15

Thanks George, It’s now on my book list.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 26 October 2011 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Total Posts:  2714
Joined  2011-04-24

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/111024/gaddafi-sodomized-video-gaddafi-sodomy  This is something that probably happens a lot in these situations. Talk about brutality.

[ Edited: 27 October 2011 01:50 AM by mid atlantic ]
 Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 26 October 2011 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Total Posts:  2425
Joined  2007-07-05

GADDAFI PLACED $97 BILLION ON TABLE TO FREE AFRICA FROM IMPERIALISM!

http://pakdefenceunit.wordpress.com/2011/10/22/gaddafi-placed-97-billion-on-table-to-free-africa-from-imperialism/

In 2010 Gaddafi offered to invest $97 billion in Africa to free it from Western influence, on condition that African states rid themselves of corruption and nepotism. Gaddafi always dreamed of a Developed, United Africa and was about to make that dream come true – and nothing is more terrifying to the West than a Developed, United Africa.

Here is a selection of the initiatives Libya has already put in place in Africa, as well as some of the projects it is planning, explaining why the West’s illegal war against Libya also is a war against Entire Africa.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 27 October 2011 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Total Posts:  2714
Joined  2011-04-24
psikeyhackr - 26 October 2011 08:20 PM

GADDAFI PLACED $97 BILLION ON TABLE TO FREE AFRICA FROM IMPERIALISM!

http://pakdefenceunit.wordpress.com/2011/10/22/gaddafi-placed-97-billion-on-table-to-free-africa-from-imperialism/

In 2010 Gaddafi offered to invest $97 billion in Africa to free it from Western influence, on condition that African states rid themselves of corruption and nepotism. Gaddafi always dreamed of a Developed, United Africa and was about to make that dream come true – and nothing is more terrifying to the West than a Developed, United Africa.

Here is a selection of the initiatives Libya has already put in place in Africa, as well as some of the projects it is planning, explaining why the West’s illegal war against Libya also is a war against Entire Africa.

psik

Weird.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 28 October 2011 03:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2011-09-20

On the same site : http://pakdefenceunit.wordpress.com/2011/10/20/alert-gaddafi-is-alive/
PS - how do I post a link?

6 of 6