The only thing greater than God.
Posted: 25 October 2011 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  604
Joined  2011-08-10

The only thing greater than God.

Man.

Religion and God were invented to free man. Not enslave him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQDa7GzPYw

This man is showing God the only thing greater than God. A human being.
Man is God’s evolutionary Master. We brought him from barbarism to civilization.

Without Us, there is no God. Man is who gives God life. The concept, the reality, the imaginary reality, useless and useful speculation of God, all will have been like they never here without man.

God is man’s creation, be it the word itself or the concept or WORD as some believers say it.
To our knowledge, there are no other intelligences able to speculate or have any kind of notion of God as a concept, reality or myth.

Animals know their God. God as their perfect example and role model that is.
It is always one of their own. I do not think that they have the ability to assign moral values to it. Only Mankind can do such with our higher intellect.

God is in our image and we in his.
Without man, God dies because he can only live within the consciousness of man.
This is irrefutable at this point in time. God may be the one we put as head but without the body Man, he ceases to be. Him and all notions of a God.

Religions have denied Man his heritage by having us forget that we choose God. He does not choose us. When will you people recognize that you are WsIP—WorksInProgress—junior gods and part of your duty to yourself and mankind is to elect yourselves a new and true God.

How will you know he is a true God ?
You will name him so and give him power and dominion over the only thing greater than himself. Yourself.

God is dead. Long live God.
A man.

Regards
DL

P. S.
First step.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

Posted: 25 October 2011 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

By any chance have you read The Evolution of God by Robert Wright? If not, I think you would enjoy it. I know I did.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 26 October 2011 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1777
Joined  2007-10-22

See my signature

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 26 October 2011 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
FreeInKy - 25 October 2011 02:53 PM

By any chance have you read The Evolution of God by Robert Wright? If not, I think you would enjoy it. I know I did.

No I have not but will look it up.

If it does not involve man having his head up some imaginary Gods ass, then you are right. I will likely like it.

Regards
DL

Posted: 26 October 2011 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  1777
Joined  2007-10-22

Excellent book.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 26 October 2011 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-08-10

He is quite intelligent and is interesting to listen to but end up as basically a I D believer. That or some kind of Deist.
He believes in a higher purpose but does not say where this higher purpose stems from.
I did not go too deep into him after realizing this.

Is that what you got from reading him?

Regards
DL

Posted: 26 October 2011 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
garythehuman - 26 October 2011 10:45 AM

See my signature

Quite intelligent FMPOV.

Regards
DL

Posted: 27 October 2011 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
Greatest I am - 26 October 2011 01:08 PM

He is quite intelligent and is interesting to listen to but end up as basically a I D believer. That or some kind of Deist.
He believes in a higher purpose but does not say where this higher purpose stems from.

Regards
DL

I think Wright’s basic theme is that there is an overarching progression to humanity’s development. He steers clear of actually revealing his personal beliefs about a deity or design for the cosmos, but I agree that he strongly implies some “purpose” and/or a sort of “guiding hand” to everything. But he never suggest these things explicitly—he leaves it to the reader to decide. Personally, while I don’t see the need to appeal to any intelligent agent (outside of humanity) to explain either the existence of the universe or life itself, I do hold open the possibility that there could conceivably be one or more such agents. To be clear, Wright always talks about “God” in the sense of our own created version(s) of God, not some actual entity.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 27 October 2011 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
FreeInKy - 27 October 2011 05:23 AM
Greatest I am - 26 October 2011 01:08 PM

Regards
DL

I think Wright’s basic theme is that there is an overarching progression to humanity’s development. He steers clear of actually revealing his personal beliefs about a deity or design for the cosmos, but I agree that he strongly implies some “purpose” and/or a sort of “guiding hand” to everything. But he never suggest these things explicitly—he leaves it to the reader to decide. Personally, while I don’t see the need to appeal to any intelligent agent (outside of humanity) to explain either the existence of the universe or life itself, I do hold open the possibility that there could conceivably be one or more such agents. To be clear, Wright always talks about “God” in the sense of our own created version(s) of God, not some actual entity.

We read him about the same way.
He and I think the same way to some extent.
The main difference is that my apotheosis showed that there was no supernatural, even though some will put me in that camp because of my belief in a cosmic consciousness, while I know it is a part of nature. He has gone to a more Deist view that there is something supernatural out there that just does not interfere with us.

I just might go back and read/listen a bit more.

Regards
DL