3 of 3
The limits of intelligence
Posted: 06 November 2011 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6195
Joined  2006-12-20
factfinder - 06 November 2011 06:39 AM

By the way, have you enrolled in the logic course, that I suggested for you? Or, you would you like some off-site private tutoring?

Do you realise that this make you a troll factfinder? Is that what you want? Do you realise that simply trying to press people’s buttons like this is incredibly uinimpressive and reflects upon your character. And do you realise how silly it makes you look, thinking you are in a position to play the role of teacher of a logic course?

Stephen

Posted: 06 November 2011 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I agree.  What made his comment even more ludicrous was that he was directing it at Doug who has a PhD in Philosophy, and almost certainly has over a hundred times the understanding of logic that “factfinder” does.  However, he’s gone so we don’t have to worry about him any longer.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 06 November 2011 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10

Aw, and I was just getting around to responding to his rebuttal on page 1…

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 06 November 2011 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

(E.g. that “Imagination is not something widely esteemed in the Atheist community” or that “the metaphysical doesn’t exist for Atheists”).

Quite the howler there. I’m sure Robert Heinlien would be amused to find out he had no imagination, and Zen Buddhists would be highly entertained at the notion that the metephysical doesn’t exist for them.

Oh well…

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

3 of 3