3 of 3
So what’s with all the dinosaurs? (Creationist museum)
Posted: 03 June 2007 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2007-05-28

Thanks Doug.

Signature 

-E

Posted: 03 June 2007 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7570
Joined  2007-03-02
ensorcelled - 03 June 2007 08:29 AM

Maybe those of us that live here in the Bible Belt don’t need to watch it…...but those that do not live here and don’t know how scary it can get really need to watch this documentary.

No we probably don’t need to if we live here, but it explains why I get so upset about religion to those who have never seen/experience what goes on in the Bible belt.

Child abuse? Taken to level that yet has no name.

Yes, child abuse.

Doug is right though, there is a thread about this video.  We can discuss it more there if you like.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 20 June 2007 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  672
Joined  2007-06-17

I can’t believe the title of this thread.  Of course there were dinosaurs in the garden of Eden.  Genesis specifically says that God made all of the animals.  So I think we can safely say that he made all of the dinosaurs too.  No, the bit that got me was the Children.  Adam and Eve must have reproduced.  I reckon that naughty sepent must’ve been shooting his mouth off again.  Or something.

Signature 

http://web.mac.com/normsherman/iWeb/Site/Podcast/833F918B-485B-42F4-B18C-4AB1436D9B87.html

Posted: 20 June 2007 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  7570
Joined  2007-03-02

Oh brother!  rolleyes

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 20 June 2007 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08

Occam wrote (Post #8):

I can’t imagine why the creationists would even bother with trying to justify the existence of dinosaurs.  If I were a theist I could come up with an easier explanation.  God inserted all those bones in the earth to challenge the faith of humans.  If they use them as evidence for evolution rather than accepting the word of God without questioning, then they are sure to be damned.

Good point.  They missed their chance though; for this line has already been taken.

Bobby Henderson wrote in an open letter to the Kansas school board:

I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. It was He who created all that we see and all that we feel. We feel strongly that the overwhelming scientific evidence pointing towards evolutionary processes is nothing but a coincidence, put in place by Him.

What these people don’t understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage.

Check it out in full, it makes perfect sense. http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/

3 of 3