1 of 2
How to Treat Appendicitis With Natural Medicine?
Posted: 31 October 2011 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-10-31

While surgery is almost always prescribed to treat appendicitis, there are always risks involved. But, luckily, when inflammation of the appendicitis is caught in its earliest stages, and before a rupture occurs, surgery may be avoided through the use of several effective home remedies. Read on to learn how to treat appendicitis with natural medicine.

1. Consult a naturopath at the first signs of appendicitis symptoms. Many naturopaths have successfully treated appendicitis through proper application of a natural medicinal fast, so their expertise and advice is necessary to administer this treatment properly. A naturopath can also offer other herbal and homeopathic treatments to help relieve the pain.

2. Begin fasting as soon as your symptoms appear. Because the appendix works to help clear toxins from the bowels, it is important that you don’t give it any work to do while it recuperates. You may drink water, but only in very small amounts, taking sips every half an hour or so.

3. Take bed rest, trying to remain quiet and calm. Do not get out of bed except to go to the bathroom and sit up only to eat. You may rest in any position that is comfortable, but try not to move too much.

4. Soak a clean towel in hot water and apply a hot compress to the painful area several times a day to relieve cramping and inflammation. Massage almond oil over the painful area after removing the compress. Almond oil is used by massage therapist to relieve pain and by aromatherapists to help calm the body.

5. Use an enema daily to help cleanse the lower bowels, but only if it can be done comfortably, without causing excess stress on your body and abdominal region. For the first two days only use a partial enema containing about 1 pt. of warm water.

6. Administer a full enema, using about 3 pt. of warm beginning around the third day when symptoms should have noticeably improved. Continue daily full enema treatments until the symptoms of appendicitis have subsided completely.

7. Drink fresh, natural fruit and vegetable juices on the third day, but continue to avoid solid foods until the symptoms have disappeared completely. Increase your food intake gradually to prevent shock to your delicate and recuperating system. Begin first with soups, yogurt and other easily digested foods, avoiding meat, grains and processed cheeses for at least two weeks.

Posted: 31 October 2011 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Sorry to say, this sort of ‘advice’ is the kind of quackery that can get you killed: should the appendix burst you can rapidly succumb to blood poisoning. You should frankly be ashamed to promote this kind of nonsense publicly.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 31 October 2011 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29

Do you really have to soak a clean towel? Can you use a dirty towel with a few drops of aloe vera instead?

I think you are completely insane.

Posted: 31 October 2011 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4052
Joined  2006-11-28

“Many naturopaths have successfully treated appendicitis through proper application of a natural medicinal fast, “
Any proof of this, or just naturapaths who claim it, and people who think they had appendicitis and then got better? I decided I didn’t want to go bald like my father, and I have religiously chanted “I will not go bald” 10 times every night since I was in high school. Since I’m not bald, clearly I’ve found the perect preventative for baldness.

“A naturopath can also offer other herbal and homeopathic treatments to help relieve the pain.”
No herbal remedy has been proven to be an effective analgesic, and homeopathy has been proven to be nothing more than a placebo, so I pity anyone who relies on these for pain control with true appendicitis.

“Because the appendix works to help clear toxins from the bowels”
Nonsense. The appendix does some interesting things )for example), but the notion of “toxins” that need to be flushed out of the bowels is total BS.

Since you are talking about a potentially life-threatening disease, it is totally irresponsible to counsel people to forgoe proven medical treatment and instead follow unproven methods backed only by faith and anecdotes.

Signature 

The SkeptVet
The SkeptVet Blog
Militant Agnostic: I don’t know, and neither do you!

Posted: 31 October 2011 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2018
Joined  2007-04-26

I started reading this thinking it was a joke but I’ve gotten all the way to the end of the post and I can’t seem to find the punch line. This is quite possibly one of the most irresponsible posts I’ve ever seen. The only thing thats reassuring it that the people on this forum are smart enough not to follow this insane advice.

Naturopaths are no better than voodoo doctors. I’m sorry.. that’s an insult to voodoo doctors. They make up scientific sounding theories and names that have no basis in reality at all. If they want to treat toe nail fungus with lemon oil and some idiot wants to let them I have no problem with that, but to even suggest that someone forgo real medical treatment of a life threatening disease is criminally irresponsible.

So the appendix detoxifies things does it? How exactly did the naturopaths figure this out? Can you show me a paper they’ve written describing the scientific method by which they’ve proven this theory? Perhaps they could go so far as to describe the name and chemical structure of these supposed toxins as well as the biochemical pathway by which the detoxification occurs? I’m guessing that might trip them up a bit as it requires an actual knowledge of science. The liver does most of the “detoxification” in the body and a real doctor could actually tell you how it does all those things.

Administer an enema on day three huh? Nice work. If the poor patient isn’t dead by day three after following your other recommendations a series of enemas to perforate that diseased appendix ought to just finish him off.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 31 October 2011 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  5939
Joined  2006-12-20

Hi Andrea,

I hope the responses you are getting do you the world of good.

You really are potentially dangerous to yourself and others at the moment and I’m sure that’s the last thing you want.

Best,

Stephen

Posted: 31 October 2011 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

I’d just as soon trust my medical care to Dr. Granny.

medicine_granny.jpg

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 31 October 2011 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Ridiculous.

BTW Andrea70, if you haven’t even had an introductory medical terminology course, you have no right to write such crap. Inflammation of the appendicitis???  LOL

“itis” in medical terminology means inflammation of.

bursitis
colitis
tonsillitis
arthritis
bronchitis

You’re funny. (And not in a ha-ha sense)

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 31 October 2011 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29

This is probably some kind of spam. Both posts from andrea70 (this one and the “What Does the Bible Say About Different Religions?”) are copied from a website called www . ehow . com (Don’t visit! Don’t make “andrea70’s” day.)

The question is, what to do about this kind of sneaky spammers?

Posted: 31 October 2011 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-08-01

One thing we could do is accept new members on a trial basis. Their first x number of posts must be moderated. Once the mods are satisfied they are not a spammer, then they can post freely. I have moderated on boards that operated this way and it works. Of course, it adds to the workload of the mods.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 31 October 2011 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  5939
Joined  2006-12-20
George - 31 October 2011 11:29 AM

This is probably some kind of spam. Both posts from andrea70 (this one and the “What Does the Bible Say About Different Religions?”) are copied from a website called www . ehow . com (Don’t visit! Don’t make “andrea70’s” day.)

The question is, what to do about this kind of sneaky spammers?

Well spotted George.

Still scary that people can google that “advice”, it’s literally gonna kill someone, probably someones child.

Stephen

Posted: 31 October 2011 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Yeah, spam is always a possibility particularly with people who use lots of numbers in their names. As it happens, andrea70 just came back to put up several spam links in her signature line. It’s clear she’s a spammer. I’ve banned (locked) the account and deleted the links. Usually we’ll delete the account as well but for kicks I’ve left it up, at least for now ...

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 31 October 2011 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
FreeInKy - 31 October 2011 11:49 AM

One thing we could do is accept new members on a trial basis. Their first x number of posts must be moderated. Once the mods are satisfied they are not a spammer, then they can post freely. I have moderated on boards that operated this way and it works. Of course, it adds to the workload of the mods.

Yeah, there are a lot of similar suggestions that would be nice if our software had the right capabilities. Unfortunately ...

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 31 October 2011 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
dougsmith - 31 October 2011 03:58 AM

Sorry to say, this sort of ‘advice’ is the kind of quackery that can get you killed: should the appendix burst you can rapidly succumb to blood poisoning. You should frankly be ashamed to promote this kind of nonsense publicly.

The only child I ever had die of appendicitis, had a ruptured appendix. Her family kept her home until it ruptured, after a rupture, they often feel better—for a day or two, until acute peritonitis and sepsis take hold. sick

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 01 November 2011 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2011-08-01
dougsmith - 31 October 2011 06:16 PM

Yeah, spam is always a possibility particularly with people who use lots of numbers in their names. As it happens, andrea70 just came back to put up several spam links in her signature line. It’s clear she’s a spammer. I’ve banned (locked) the account and deleted the links. Usually we’ll delete the account as well but for kicks I’ve left it up, at least for now ...

On a board I used to help administer, we would leave the accounts but change their display name and signature to “I am a Spammer” and lock their control panel so they couldn’t change it. This lead to some hilarious posts.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist

Posted: 01 November 2011 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2011-09-13

Are you out of your mind, just trying to sell snake oil, or maybe both?  Do you have any “advice” for those who will follow your instructions, get peritonitis and die? Maybe you have some comforting words for them as they take their last breaths.

1 of 2

‹‹ Good and Bad Foods      False Advertising ››