2 of 2
How to Treat Appendicitis With Natural Medicine?
Posted: 01 November 2011 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2011-09-13
FreeInKy - 31 October 2011 10:20 AM

I’d just as soon trust my medical care to Dr. Granny.

medicine_granny.jpg

At least Dr. Granny on the “Hillbillies” had her rumatiz medicine, aka moon shine, white lightning, mountain dew etc.

She would be able to give you enough medicine, not to get you well at all, you would still die, but at least you wouldn’t give a damn.

Posted: 03 February 2012 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2232
Joined  2007-04-26

One of the administrators should remove this last post. Its seems like a blatant attempt to send you to a commercial pharmacy site.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 03 February 2012 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
macgyver - 03 February 2012 04:49 AM

One of the administrators should remove this last post. Its seems like a blatant attempt to send you to a commercial pharmacy site.

Yep, clear spam. Gone.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 21 March 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2012-03-14

Well this thread starter is exactly the type of crap that gets spilled all over my elderly and “easily manipulated” patients. Pathetic.
Loved your responses to it though.  grin

Posted: 17 December 2012 01:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-12-17

Thank you, I found this article useful and informative.  It is not suggesting you should NOT go to get surgery for appendicitis, it is saying that if caught early enough surgery can be PREVENTED by non-invasive, less dangerous, and much less expensive, nutritional treatments.  If that is quackery then I am a duck.

Posted: 17 December 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2007-04-26
clean_science - 17 December 2012 01:22 AM

Thank you, I found this article useful and informative.  It is not suggesting you should NOT go to get surgery for appendicitis, it is saying that if caught early enough surgery can be PREVENTED by non-invasive, less dangerous, and much less expensive, nutritional treatments.  If that is quackery then I am a duck.

Unfortunately if you followed this advice you would be a dead duck. You can not prevent the need for surgery with diet once you have appendicitis and if you delay surgery while you try this nonsense you increase the odds of a ruptured appendix leading to peritonitis and death. The article is ill informed and dangerous to gullible people who read it and are foolish enough to believe it.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 17 December 2012 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

How to Treat Appendicitis With Natural Medicine?

I have no idea what “Natural Medicine” is supposed to be, but in the context of this discussion, the only medical tool you need if you follow the advice in the article is a shovel to dig the grave.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 17 December 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
clean_science - 17 December 2012 01:22 AM

Welcome to our forum, duck.  grin

Posted: 17 December 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2011-08-15

The whole concept of naturopathy is pseudoscientific woo based on an unproven “force” called vitalism which is outside the realm of real science. No one can can simply “think” themselves free of cancer or other diseases or combine positive thoughts with a coffee enema in order to maintain a physiological balance. LiquorIce pills may be tasty but won’t cure heart disease. This garbage is becoming lucrative for those who push it as well. People are rushing to get degrees in naturopathy and sell their placebos to unwary and trusting customers. Caveat emptor. I suggest duck should visit his namesake quackwatch.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 17 December 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  448
Joined  2012-02-02

Since we’ve got a few genuine medical types here, and the subject is appendicitis, one thing I’ve heard (with no scientific evidence to back it up), is that people with low fiber diets tend to be at greater risk of appendicitis. Is that accurate or not?

Signature 

“There will come a time when it isn’t ‘They’re spying on me through my phone’ anymore. Eventually, it will be ‘My phone is spying on me’.” ― Philip K. Dick

The Atheist in the Trailer Park

Posted: 17 December 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2007-04-26

It would be difficult to do a controlled trial for this question so what limited info that is out there is all based on retrospective studies.

This study came to the conclusion that lower fiber diets tended to be associated with higher rates of appendicitis.

http://jech.bmj.com/content/41/1/44.short

Here is another very small study that came to the same conclusion.

http://archsurg.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=589665

Keep in mind as always that an association in no way proves cause and effect

Signature 

Posted: 17 December 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Coldheart Tucker - 17 December 2012 10:59 AM

Since we’ve got a few genuine medical types here, and the subject is appendicitis, one thing I’ve heard (with no scientific evidence to back it up), is that people with low fiber diets tend to be at greater risk of appendicitis. Is that accurate or not?

No, it’s not. I heard from a best friend who’s best friend’s best friend’s brother-in-law’s grandmother got appendicitis and was a high-fiber foods fanatic.  long face

Posted: 17 December 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I know them, too, George, but you have to consider that her husband didn’t get appendicitis, although he did get prostate cancer.  Do you think high fiber is gender specific?  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 05 February 2013 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-01-31

“Appendicitis a condition characterized by inflammation of the appendix. It is classified as a medical emergency and many cases require removal of the inflamed appendix, either by laparotomy or laparoscopy.”

Our readers offer information and opinions on Earth Clinic, not as a substitute for professional medical prevention, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult with your physician, pharmacist, or health care provider before taking any home remedies or supplements or following any treatment suggested by anyone on this site. Only your health care provider, personal physician, or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs or diagnose your particular medical history.

Posted: 06 February 2013 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Really????  We had no idea.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

2 of 2

‹‹ Good and Bad Foods      False Advertising ››