Halloween: Best Evangelistic Time of the Year?
Posted: 31 October 2011 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2008-12-11

By Jeff Schapiro | Christian Post Reporter
Mon, Oct. 31 2011
http://www.christianpost.com/news/gospel-tracts-spread-christian-message-during-halloween-59901/

The Christian community is divided over how to approach Halloween, some saying it is a pagan holiday Christians should avoid while others argue that there is no better time for ministry. . . .

Calvin Hekman, director of The Tract League, says that it would be wise for Christians to also pass out candy when they pass out tracts to trick-or-treaters.

“It’s important to be generous and courteous when we present the Gospel,” Hekman told The Christian Post in an interview on Monday. . . .

img-32178-p1.jpg

Posted: 31 October 2011 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1777
Joined  2007-10-22

Damn, and I was using it to promote my god “Moola”  I make all the kids come to the “Shrine” in my garage to get their treat. snake

[ Edited: 03 November 2011 08:07 AM by garythehuman ]
 Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 31 October 2011 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2715
Joined  2011-04-24

That’s so bad, it’s almost cute!  LOL

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 01 November 2011 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2011-08-15

You gotta make it cute so the kids will buy it. You couldn’t for example use the flames of hell to show what would happen if you didn’t follow Juheeezus! We need a skeptic sheet showing happy kids eating their halloween candy and enjoying science, Let’s say tracking the trajectory of a pumpkin after inventing a catapult for punkin chunckin’. Or how far could a witches broom carry her if it was solar powered?  smile

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 01 November 2011 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

“Jesus, I’m sorry I do bad things…” blah blah blah blah…

Sometimes when you escape from prison, after a while you forget just how nuts the place was. It’s amazing the difference a change in perspective makes. How could I have ever believed in a God who designed a cosmos where the thing that determines whether you live forever in heaven or hell is uttering a magic incantation? Geez…

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 01 November 2011 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

They certainly believe that where I live. Going door with the usual load of tracts. I roundfile the lot and call it solved.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 01 November 2011 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2011-11-01

Really? Are they really still trying to take over something so old and lost in translation, something this day is totally approached in innocence? Kids think they are getting candy and people throw a silly costume over their heads for the fun of it. Where are the religious notations in that? I guess this is a modern day inquisition. Poor kids don’t see it coming! I cannot be the only one to get a crazy hysterical joke out of this. This is too cheesy to be true! Well, if they can claim christmas and easter…they must conquer this!