Hello from Kitchener, Ontario
Posted: 01 November 2011 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-09-23

In Real Life (tm) my name is Cory, but I’ve used “Bytor” online for over 20 years, since before the web existed. I’m an all-around computer geek who has done everything from Windows programming to web development to technical support and network engineering and I currently work for a small telecom company (we’re a CLEC!) in Cambridge, Ontario.

I’m relatively new to the skeptic world - my first con was NECSS in April 2010 and since then I’ve been to TAM8, NECSS2011, TAM9 and now CSIcon2011 - but I have been involved in the creation versus evolution debate in places like talk.origins for almost 20 years.

I’ve become a member of CASS at CFI Canada and I’m become more and more active in the skeptical movement, and you might have seen my recent LOLskeptics pictures on facebook, twitter or google+ http://l.skeptical.ly/lolskeptics

If you’re ever in Kitchener-Waterloo on the third Saturday evening or last Sunday afternoon, please feel free to drop by on of the Waterloo Region Drinking Skeptically meetups http://wrds.skeptical.ly/

Posted: 01 November 2011 11:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5166
Joined  2010-06-16

Welcome, By.  Since I’m an antique fud, I don’t believe in facebook, twitter or google+ so I’ll leave it to the youngsters here to check out your stuff on them.  However, I’m looking forward to reading your posts here.

Your meet-ups sound interesting, but they’re a long way from Southern California.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 02 November 2011 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15300
Joined  2006-02-14

Yes, glad to have you here, Bytor. I think you’ll find the CFI Forum a congenial spot to hang out and chat about some of your favorite topics!

Cheers,

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 05 November 2011 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2011-01-10

Welcome!

from Toronto!

There seems to be quite a few Canadians here now, lol. Yay!

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

Posted: 05 November 2011 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7503
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Bytor.  Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy it here.  Please jump in and join the conversations.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report