Wow I never felt the love of Jesus untill i read this!
Posted: 13 November 2006 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-11-10

Holy FLAMING HELL this man is scary! feel free to visit this site if your at all interested in how some of the other side feel about us.

He uses the word love a few time but i sware he hasn’t realy grasped the concept of it.  Its this type of hatred that drives me to bring secularism to my life and the people in my life

If your after a reminder on why we have to "Fight the good fight", check his site out and get a glimps of what we are combating in the arean of Ideas and undersatnd why we have to win this smile  Oh in a compleatly no-violent and understanding way of course!

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Humanism/humanism_is_evil.htm

:twisted: Humanism is EVIL! :twisted:

There is an evil under the sun lurking amongst mankind known as humanism…"An insane form of thinking that invades the human mind convincing it of it’s superiority over God and His Word."  I will repeat that definition of humanism again…

"I don’t find any place where God says that the world is to grow better and better…I look upon this world as a wrecked vessel, God has given me a lifeboat and said to me, `Moody, save all you can.’ " -Dwight L. Moody

Signature 

"Let me get this strait what U are saying is that my parents are going to burn in hell, even though their jobs involve them saving lives every day, just because they chose not to follow your god? I dont blame them!!! Your god sounds like a real PRICK"

Posted: 14 November 2006 01:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15395
Joined  2006-02-14

Hello baronben666,

First we should not be posting entire articles under copyright here ... you should edit it to a few sentences or paragraphs and leave up the link. (Otherwise I will edit it down).

This guy’s reasoning is of the ‘blinkered fanatic’ variety: he just quotes passages from Biblical myth as if they were true. Of course, he also doesn’t quote other passages from that same myth because they wouldn’t support his claims.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 14 November 2006 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-11-10

No worries Doug! I chopped it up for ya, my appologies :oops: Anyways after i put up this post i went back to the website and explored some more

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com

and there was a list he had on what is considered the devils work and to my suprise about half of the things he found most evil were other christian sects! He had massive right ups on why they are evil.  My Girlfriend is greek/cypriat so when i was that greek authadox was in the list had to read and what i found quite odd was he would go looking for things in pictures i would assume he had taken from the net of other preist and found one of there crosses had a small image of a skull on a cross and another had a women kissing the priest’s hand.  These were things he pointed out which proved they were evil!  Im not sure what sect this guy belongs to but i must admit i would love to find out. 

I have a threory about this type of fanatic that they “USUALLY” seem to only be this extreem if they are born into the faith so to speak.  But they can come from a moderate christian family or a fundamentalist one.
I’m curoius what makes these people turn the idea of God into this over bearing, heavy handed type of figure? Anyideas?

Signature 

"Let me get this strait what U are saying is that my parents are going to burn in hell, even though their jobs involve them saving lives every day, just because they chose not to follow your god? I dont blame them!!! Your god sounds like a real PRICK"

Posted: 14 November 2006 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

In all honesty, baronben, he appears to be a lunatic, and is probably mentally ill.

But that said, the “overbearing, heavy handed” god fits exactly into the framework of the jealous god of the Old Testament. It also fits into the long history of Christian sectarianism: he is clearly a fundamentalist protestant.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 22 November 2006 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2006-11-15

On a site with many gems, this one stood out for me:

This website will not be here forever. The incarnation of the Beast is coming.
Save information on your hard drive!  To Download Entire Website…

He seems to be saying that the website itself could be raptured at any moment, so you’d better save it to your hard drive! :wink:

Posted: 22 November 2006 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2006-07-17

Hebrews 10:
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Feel the love…

Signature 

http://www.rationalrevolution.net

Posted: 05 December 2006 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2006-11-22

It always amazes me how people #1 know what God is thinking and can speak for him, (since he/she is all knowing and really hasn’t “spoke” to anyone since the Old Testament) #2 think it’s ok to make broad generalizations about a specific group of individuals….. Isn’t this the same book people used to rationalize slavery, the inquisitions, the destruction of the Mayan Civilization, witch burning, etc…

Signature 

“Truth persists, whether you believe it or not.”

Posted: 05 December 2006 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

[quote author=“peachey1”]Isn’t [Bible] the same book people used to rationalize slavery, the inquisitions, the destruction of the Mayan Civilization, witch burning, etc…

Actually, the “manual” for burning “the witches” was Malleus Maleficarum , probably the most disgusting piece of literature ever written by a Western Civilization.

Posted: 05 December 2006 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Although this does come from Exodus 22:18 : “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.”

Malleus Malificarum (The Hammer of Witches) is a fascinating historical text, in its own horrible way. Should be required reading in history classes, as well as classes in critical thinking.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 05 December 2006 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2006-11-15

I was at a bar mitzvah some time back.  It included a brief sermon.  The Rabbi came to this passage and said, “Here we are commanded to kill witches…however I would say that you should not kill witches.  That was written a long time ago.”

Well, there’s your solution to anything awful you find in the Bible:  “Aw, that was written along time ago!” :wink: