9 of 11
Great Resources for Info on Evolution and Darwin (Merged)
Posted: 25 November 2014 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7849
Joined  2009-02-26

Good grief, Lauston

You can lead an ass to water, but you cannot make it drink. Give up trying to educate this individual. It is unwilling to read anything outside of theist websites.

I have placed him/her on ignore as a hopeless case.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 25 November 2014 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Total Posts:  5257
Joined  2011-11-04

Coral, I like your swan picture and the line about the future, they are soothing (not like your misguided views on evolution).

I think you said that there is no evidence of one species becoming another???  Take homo-sapiens for example.  Were we here 6000 years ago? Yes.  100,000 years ago? Yes.  500,000 years ago? maybe.  1 million years ago? no.  2 million years ago? 3 million? 4mil? 5? 6? 7? 8? 9? etc.?

You should acknowledge the scope of time involved.  OTOH, you may think that the intelligent designer has popped up intermittently throughout the course of life on Earth to create new species.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 25 November 2014 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Total Posts:  2901
Joined  2007-04-26

Coral star is clearly incapable of having an intelligent discussion. Im done

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 25 November 2014 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Total Posts:  4218
Joined  2009-10-21
coral star - 25 November 2014 06:40 PM
Lausten - 25 November 2014 06:26 PM
coral star - 25 November 2014 05:28 PM

How does a trilobite, turn into a human, seriously.

Trilobites are extinct. Like all your other questions, this one doesn’t make sense. It’s also poorly punctuated.

99.9 percent of all known species that have lived on the Earth are extinct.  So you also do not know how an early life form such as a trilobite can turn either into a human or any other living creature, as evolutionary theory dictates.

And round and round the empty theory of nothing goes.

You don’t even know what extinct means.

Posted: 25 November 2014 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2014-11-21
Lausten - 25 November 2014 08:33 PM
coral star - 25 November 2014 06:40 PM
Lausten - 25 November 2014 06:26 PM
coral star - 25 November 2014 05:28 PM

How does a trilobite, turn into a human, seriously.

Trilobites are extinct. Like all your other questions, this one doesn’t make sense. It’s also poorly punctuated.

99.9 percent of all known species that have lived on the Earth are extinct.  So you also do not know how an early life form such as a trilobite can turn either into a human or any other living creature, as evolutionary theory dictates.

And round and round the empty theory of nothing goes.

You don’t even know what extinct means.

http://www.endangeredspeciesinternational.org/overview.html

Not true…. The story of life is told primarily by its ghosts—the victims of extinction. Scientists say that only one in a thousand species that have ever lived survives today. The other 99.9 percent are extinct, gone forever.

Signature 

When the Earth was first formed some 4.5 billion years ago, the Universe was already at least 8 billion years old, thus we are very young indeed.
Since DNA is now being used for binary code storage, does this mean that Windows 9 could be downloaded to your thumbs drive?
Think

Posted: 25 November 2014 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Joined  2014-11-21
macgyver - 25 November 2014 08:13 PM

Again, the Origin of the Species, has nothing to do with the origin of any species. The book is nothing more than the chronicles of a devoted birdwatcher…

Signature 

When the Earth was first formed some 4.5 billion years ago, the Universe was already at least 8 billion years old, thus we are very young indeed.
Since DNA is now being used for binary code storage, does this mean that Windows 9 could be downloaded to your thumbs drive?
Think

Posted: 26 November 2014 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15741
Joined  2006-02-14
coral star - 25 November 2014 08:53 PM
macgyver - 25 November 2014 08:13 PM

Again, the Origin of the Species, has nothing to do with the origin of any species. The book is nothing more than the chronicles of a devoted birdwatcher…

Coral, please note that trolling is against the rules on this forum. Continued rule violations can lead to banning. Thanks.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 03 December 2014 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Joined  2014-11-21
TimB - 25 November 2014 07:23 PM

Coral, I like your swan picture and the line about the future, they are soothing (not like your misguided views on evolution).

I think you said that there is no evidence of one species becoming another???  Take homo-sapiens for example.  Were we here 6000 years ago? Yes.  100,000 years ago? Yes.  500,000 years ago? maybe.  1 million years ago? no.  2 million years ago? 3 million? 4mil? 5? 6? 7? 8? 9? etc.?

You should acknowledge the scope of time involved.  OTOH, you may think that the intelligent designer has popped up intermittently throughout the course of life on Earth to create new species.

No, evolution is controlled by the DNA code which was designed to do this.

Sheesh

Signature 

Think

Posted: 03 December 2014 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Joined  2014-11-21
TimB - 25 November 2014 07:23 PM

I think the number is between 3 and 6 million years ago in some form, depending on whether you accept Lucy as human.  I think she might be, and that we have been evolving since, and continue to evolve today.  Still a rat can not turn into a human, and even if it could one would not do the trick, as you would need a breeding stable population.  The idea is nuts.

But hey if u think this looks like you somehow, I have no problem with your beliefs

http-inlinethumb47.webshots.com-31470-2557195690104181437S600x600Q85.jpg

Signature 

Think

Posted: 03 December 2014 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
coral star - 03 December 2014 03:37 PM

I think the number is between 3 and 6 million years ago in some form, depending on whether you accept Lucy as human.  I think she might be, and that we have been evolving since, and continue to evolve today.  Still a rat can not turn into a human, and even if it could one would not do the trick, as you would need a breeding stable population.  The idea is nuts.

So you are okay with Australopithecus aferensis evolving into homo sapiens.  Lucy was pretty much an ape that looked a bit more like modern humans than most.  So an ape-like creature can evolve into a human.  Good.  You’re on board with evolution over the past 3.2 million years.  Next step:  What did Australopithecus aferensis evolve from?  Go back another 30 to 50 million years to find the earliest primate type creatures.  Then what did they evolve from?  etc.  If you go back far enough you can find a creature from whom both rats and homo sapiens descended from.

Of course that is just according to the silly Theory of Evolution.  What was your theory again?  How exactly did the benign creator make these creatures at just the right times over the hundreds of millions of years to fit, so neatly, as evidence for Evolutionary Theory?  And how does the evidence fit better with the Theory of “intelligent” Design?

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 03 December 2014 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Joined  2014-11-21
TimB - 03 December 2014 09:14 PM
coral star - 03 December 2014 03:37 PM

So you are okay with Australopithecus aferensis evolving into homo sapiens.  Lucy was pretty much an ape that looked a bit more like modern humans than most.  So an ape-like creature can evolve into a human.  Good.  You’re on board with evolution over the past 3.2 million years.  Next step:  What did Australopithecus aferensis evolve from?  Go back another 30 to 50 million years to find the earliest primate type creatures.  Then what did they evolve from?  etc.  If you go back far enough you can find a creature from whom both rats and homo sapiens descended from.

Of course that is just according to the silly Theory of Evolution.  What was your theory again?  How exactly did the benign creator make these creatures at just the right times over the hundreds of millions of years to fit, so neatly, as evidence for Evolutionary Theory?  And how does the evidence fit better with the Theory of “intelligent” Design?

Evolution is a function of billions of genes, that have to be created first for evolution to happen.  Evolution without DNA is like a clock without time….!

Signature 

Think

Posted: 03 December 2014 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
coral star - 03 December 2014 09:26 PM

...Evolution is a function of billions of genes, that have to be created first for evolution to happen.  Evolution without DNA is like a clock without time….!

You keep making such similar assertions, as if this is some grand all enlightening statement, AND as if it is somehow a direct and sufficient response to things you are asked.

If you are convinced that genes themselves are not a product of evolutionary processes, then say so.  And present your explicit theory/or hypothesis or evidence for just how the benign intelligent designer/creator made DNA and inserted it on Earth.

..But of course, I imagine, you would rather post a pretty picture, instead.

Signature 

Posted: 04 December 2014 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Total Posts:  5251
Joined  2007-08-31

Just a remark: this thread is called ‘Great Resources for Info on Evolution and Darwin’. In my opinion, it wasn’t meant for discussion. As the thread has watered down to a discussion thread, I would propose to take away the sticky-flag.

If Doug and others agree, I can try to extract the real references to serious resources, and then make a new sticky thread of it. But then it should be kept clean of discussion.

Just an idea…

Signature 

GdB

The light is on, but there is nobody at home.

Posted: 04 December 2014 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15741
Joined  2006-02-14
GdB - 04 December 2014 01:56 AM

Just a remark: this thread is called ‘Great Resources for Info on Evolution and Darwin’. In my opinion, it wasn’t meant for discussion. As the thread has watered down to a discussion thread, I would propose to take away the sticky-flag.

If Doug and others agree, I can try to extract the real references to serious resources, and then make a new sticky thread of it. But then it should be kept clean of discussion.

Just an idea…

I understand the desire to keep discussion out, but I don’t think in this case it matters. The resources are in the OP anyway.

If I’d wanted to keep this free of discussion I could have locked the thread. That horse left the barn a long time ago.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 04 December 2014 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Joined  2014-11-21
TimB - 03 December 2014 10:32 PM
coral star - 03 December 2014 09:26 PM

...Evolution is a function of billions of genes, that have to be created first for evolution to happen.  Evolution without DNA is like a clock without time….!

You keep making such similar assertions, as if this is some grand all enlightening statement, AND as if it is somehow a direct and sufficient response to things you are asked.

If you are convinced that genes themselves are not a product of evolutionary processes, then say so.  And present your explicit theory/or hypothesis or evidence for just how the benign intelligent designer/creator made DNA and inserted it on Earth.

..But of course, I imagine, you would rather post a pretty picture, instead.

I am convinced that genes create the evolutionary process, this is supported by the science of genetics and every geneticist will agree with this. When you answer the question as to how, humanity will take DNA to other places, this is the answer that you need, the only difference between that answer, is the ribbon of time, that physics clearly demonstrates is repeating.  Thus when we move life from Earth, an intelligent designer, instantly jumps into the mirror, you can deny this forever, but humans will move, even if the move is to a manmade, and perpetual spaceship, that will be so large as to rebuild itself along it’s journey thru the immense cosmos, we will find another place to live, as our solar system, like our sun is finite.

http://www.foreverproject.it/step-closer-data-immortality-hard-drives-flash-drives-dna-drives/

A Step Closer To Data Immortality: From Hard Drives To Flash Drives To DNA Drives

By: Fabrizio Date: November 5, 2014 Categories:  Inspiration

Biology’s databank, DNA has long tantalised researchers with its potential as a storage medium: fantastically dense, stable, energy efficient and proven to work over a timespan of some 3.5 billion years. Digital information is accumulating at an astounding rate, straining our ability to store and archive it. DNA is among the most dense and stable information media known. The development of new technologies in both DNA synthesis and sequencing make DNA an increasingly feasible digital storage medium.

A bioengineer and geneticist at Harvard’s Wyss Institute have successfully stored 5.5 petabits of data — around 700 terabytes — in a single gram of DNA.

Science is creating ID from itself, day by day the designer becomes clearer in the mirror.

Signature 

Think

9 of 11