Positive movement for Burma (Myanmar)
Posted: 19 November 2011 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

Good news for the Burmese people and good for democracy.  smile  Let’s hope its a good one, democrats.

I remember how the monks in Burma peacefully rose up in protest, a rare, brave, and special movement, only to be brutally beat down by government security thugs back in Sep. 2007.  That was long before Tunisa’s protests.

“President Barack Obama telephoned Aung San Suu Kyi, the opposition leader and fellow Nobel Peace Prize winner from Air Force One to get her blessing for a visit by the US Secretary of State, the first in more than 50 years.”

“Hillary Clinton to become highest level Western official to visit Burma in half a century Hillary Clinton will next month become”

“The Obama administration sees Mrs Clinton’s visit as a sign of success for its Burma policy, which focused on punishments and incentives to push the military rulers to improve dire human rights conditions. The US imposed new sanctions but made clear it was open to better relations if the situation changed.”

Telegraph: Hillary Clinton to become highest level Western official to visit Burma in half a century

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 20 November 2011 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Great news. Hope is good.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 24 April 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]