3 of 4
A Human Moral Creed
Posted: 21 November 2012 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3123
Joined  2011-08-15

Total Posts:  887
Joined  2011-03-12
This arielmessenger is preaching instead of discussing…..again!!!!!!  Is there any particular reason why we should continue to take him seriously?

No, that’s why I dropped him back at the Atheists doomed to blah, blah blah post. He’s a prophet wanna be with a new xtian agenda to push. Ssdd. Time to get ready for turkey.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 23 November 2012 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  1762
Joined  2007-10-22

Ariel:

Ah, forgiveness, now where did that wonderful idea first get emphasized for all humanity? And the other morals listed, they too, every one of them can be first found in the writings of peoples who claimed they got their morality from gods and or God. Just look at the moral codes of the Egyptians’ Maat or the Code of Hammurabi and then the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, need I go on to make my point

Of course they are found in those places; before that they were most likely found in oral formats as well, which is what many of the writings you quote are recordings, they are common to the human experience.  Religion is a social organization tool used by humans for many purposes including attempting to achieve fair and just societies.  No single religion has everything right any more than any human societies which they helped create do.  Or else why do we have religious wars and discrimination.  The best of religion recognizes we are all human, the rest are too often are only looking out for their own interest group.

I came up with this creed as something to attempt to live up to, as most of us need goals spelled out.  Does it reflect religious thought, of course, the best of religious thought was often concerned with morality.  It is one way we humans have used this tool of our own making.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 23 November 2012 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2012-11-13
DarronS - 21 November 2012 06:29 PM
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 21 November 2012 06:24 PM

This arielmessenger is preaching instead of discussing…..again!!!!!!  Is there any particular reason why we should continue to take him seriously?

None. I’m wondering when he’ll get banned for ad hominem attacks.

Talk about the morally blind in atheist fundamentalism, the above is a perfect example: Darron, I suggest you get help recognizing the sequoia log in the corner of your eye before making atheist look even more like the hypocrites they have to be in order to defend an irrational ideology from exposure as such.

Posted: 23 November 2012 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-11-13
garythehuman - 23 November 2012 05:05 PM

Ariel:

Ah, forgiveness, now where did that wonderful idea first get emphasized for all humanity? And the other morals listed, they too, every one of them can be first found in the writings of peoples who claimed they got their morality from gods and or God. Just look at the moral codes of the Egyptians’ Maat or the Code of Hammurabi and then the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, need I go on to make my point

Of course they are found in those places; before that they were most likely found in oral formats as well, which is what many of the writings you quote are recordings, they are common to the human experience.  Religion is a social organization tool used by humans for many purposes including attempting to achieve fair and just societies.  No single religion has everything right any more than any human societies which they helped create do.  Or else why do we have religious wars and discrimination.  The best of religion recognizes we are all human, the rest are too often are only looking out for their own interest group.

I came up with this creed as something to attempt to live up to, as most of us need goals spelled out.  Does it reflect religious thought, of course, the best of religious thought was often concerned with morality.  It is one way we humans have used this tool of our own making.

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.—Gary the Human

All humans are created by God originally to meet the needs and accomplishments of God’s Plan, which is to evolve Life into God.—Arielmessenger, recorder of God’s Cosmic Plan in the Gospel of Humanity at: http://biomystic.org/gospelofhumanity.htm

Posted: 23 November 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04
arielmessenger - 23 November 2012 06:58 PM

All humans are created by God originally to meet the needs and accomplishments of God’s Plan, which is to evolve Life into God.—Arielmessenger, recorder of God’s Cosmic Plan in the Gospel of Humanity at: http://biomystic.org/gospelofhumanity.htm

What a human idea.  Not the best idea humans have had, but quite human.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 23 November 2012 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-11-13
TimB - 23 November 2012 08:24 PM
arielmessenger - 23 November 2012 06:58 PM

What a human idea.  Not the best idea humans have had, but quite human.

It’s what one would logically expect from human beings made in the image of God.

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

or from humans (social animals with a highly complex language ability, and an initial developmental period marked by complete helplessness and dependance on someone outside of its self) produced by processes of natural selection.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Talk about the morally blind in atheist fundamentalism….

There is no such thing as atheist fundamentalism.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

I have read a few theories the origin of religion, but I think the whole think is a lot simpler than people realize. All you need is one mentally ill person with a crazy idea (or a professional douchebag like L. Ron Hubbard), a handful of semi-smart a-holes who understand they can cash in on such nonsense, and a good number of suckers who are dumb enough to buy their empty promises.

So far you have only taken care of the step one, Ariel. Now you need sponsors and then the clientele. I can assure you, though, you are wasting your time here.

Posted: 24 November 2012 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-11-13
TimB - 23 November 2012 10:13 PM

or from humans (social animals with a highly complex language ability, and an initial developmental period marked by complete helplessness and dependance on someone outside of its self) produced by processes of natural selection.

Please explain how natural selection has produced human brains to receive and process spiritual phenomena if there is no spiritual phenomena there in the first place.
Please explain what kind of physical energy is it that produces both physical sensations as it passes through one receiving it and produces religious visions of a particular thematic type.

Posted: 24 November 2012 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-11-13
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 23 November 2012 10:15 PM

Talk about the morally blind in atheist fundamentalism….

There is no such thing as atheist fundamentalism.

You just produced a classic example of it.

Posted: 24 November 2012 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-11-13
George - 23 November 2012 10:20 PM

I have read a few theories the origin of religion, but I think the whole think is a lot simpler than people realize. All you need is one mentally ill person with a crazy idea (or a professional douchebag like L. Ron Hubbard), a handful of semi-smart a-holes who understand they can cash in on such nonsense, and a good number of suckers who are dumb enough to buy their empty promises.

So far you have only taken care of the step one, Ariel. Now you need sponsors and then the clientele. I can assure you, though, you are wasting your time here.

Monkey business again I see in more attempts to slander theism from the spiritually disabled who have no idea of how just plain dumb and irrational their philosophy is that is based on the totally illogical idea those with no experience in a matter thereby think they are the most qualified authorities on the subject.

Posted: 24 November 2012 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

You just produced a classic example of it.

No I didn’t. I gave you a statement of fact which is not open to debate. You’re response however is very typical of the sort of nonsense religious apologists offer who doggedly refuse to acknowladge that atheism is a lack of belief in god or gods.

Period.

It has
-no dictum,
-no philosophy,
-no creed,
-no defined orthodoxy,
-no paridigm
-Zip, zilch, zero, nein, nix nada, nyet, blank slate, nothing there.

Do you get it now?

Of course you don’t.

Oh…well, you do get it but in order to advance your agenda, you have to play dumb and resort to misleading statements, mischaracterization of your opponant’s point of view, debators rheotoric, in short, you have to lie.

So much for that silly commandment about bearing false witness.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 24 November 2012 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

Monkey business again I see in more attempts to slander theism

You cannot slander something that isn’t real.

Please explain how natural selection has produced human brains to receive and process spiritual phenomena if there is no spiritual phenomena there in the first place.
Please explain what kind of physical energy is it that produces both physical sensations as it passes through one receiving it and produces religious visions of a particular thematic type.

If you genuinely want to understand evolution, click on and thoroughly read http://www.talkorigins.org/

By this, I mean take the time to actually read the whole of that website.

See also http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/ and http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy.html

Signature 

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
arielmessenger - 24 November 2012 05:32 AM
TimB - 23 November 2012 10:13 PM

Ok, I’ll give it a go.  If you have ever observed other mammals closely, you could note that they seem to behave in ways that suggest that they experience emotions similar to that of humans.

1) Thus I suggest that our emotional responses are a product of natural selection.
2) Humans like other animals also have the capacity to learn from experiences, but humans are somewhat unique in their development of very complex verbal behavior
3) Verbal behavior, by definition, requires a listener.  The listener can often be one’s self. 
4) In learning through experience, it happens that what is most relevant to attend to becomes established
5) Natural selection has also prepared us to attend more closely to some things than others
6) Natural selection and learning through experience provides us with the ability to recognize patterns
7) This however, is not a perfect ability.  We often mispercieve and misinterpret, due to factors such as percieving what our learning thus far has prepared us to see, or over-focusing on one aspect of our environment, and due to the limitations and idiosyncracies ot the perceptual abilities that natural selection has left us with.
8) Humans with their complex verbal behavior are capable of producing a narrative that interprets their complex interplay of emotional experiences, and perceptions, hence the sound of the wind blowing in the grass, might be interpreted as a possible lurking predator, or simply as the wind blowing in the grass, or as the voice of God sending a message.
9) The particular theme of one’s interpretive narrative depends greatly on one’s personal learning history. 

That’s the best I can do, off of the top of my head, I hope that it is enlightening for you.

Signature 

3 of 4