3 of 3
Burzynski Cancer Clinic Threatens Skeptical Bloggers
Posted: 29 January 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Thank you macgyver! That explains a lot to me. For someone not in the profession (me!), the movie manipulates very well. I see your points and have to admit that I did not see them before. Yes, I sensed Burzynski’s personality was a big issue, but it really did seem that he was a target and unfairly treated by the FDA. The patents seemed stolen, and you say they may have been - but because Dr. B is an ass. I will read over you reply again to get a better understanding. And again, I thank you for taking time to watch this and explaining the facts that I’m certain many laypersons do not have. I know it was not easy to take that time. I have a new and smarter perspective after reading your response.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 29 January 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  2018
Joined  2007-04-26
traveler - 29 January 2012 03:51 PM

Thank you macgyver! That explains a lot to me. For someone not in the profession (me!), the movie manipulates very well. I see your points and have to admit that I did not see them before. Yes, I sensed Burzynski’s personality was a big issue, but it really did seem that he was a target and unfairly treated by the FDA. The patents seemed stolen, and you say they may have been - but because Dr. B is an ass. I will read over you reply again to get a better understanding. And again, I thank you for taking time to watch this and explaining the facts that I’m certain many laypersons do not have. I know it was not easy to take that time. I have a new and smarter perspective after reading your response.

NP. Keep in mind that we are only hearing one extremely biased side of the story that was clearly manufactured by those friendly to Burzynski, so I have to read between the lines a bit. I’d love to hear from the other side. I’m sure they would paint a very different picture of what happened. I’m not justifying patent theft if that did happen ( and thats a big if), but if you sit on a discovery too long you always risk being scooped. He should have done more to run legitimate studies. Now others will do it for him.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 30 January 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

I think this documentary also illustrates why it’s important to have ties to a reasonable group of people. If I were to have only redneck conspiracy types as my friends/acquaintances, then I would likely propagate the lies, making even more work for those like you.  smile
Thanks again.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 02 February 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15

My head is spinning but this has been a most interesting thread, no so much because of the topic, or the movie, both of which I know nothing of, except for what I’ve read here, but because of the dialogue itself.  This is how grown up people are supposed to ‘argue’ about issues and questions.

When I compare this with other discussions I do follow more closely I’m saddened that this here approach is so rare.

I love CFI forum.

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

3 of 3