Greetings
Posted: 01 December 2011 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2011-12-01

Greetings my fellow earthlings. My name is Carl, and I just joined this site a few minutes ago. I figured it would be best to stop in and at least say hi before I began perusing and interacting in a deeper fashion. I plan to be an active member of the site, when time permits.

A little about me, I’m a gay man, living in Texas with my partner who recently proposed. We are both non-religious, myself being a Humanist. I am a bookworm, and an avid movie buff, especially with the horror genre. In books I much prefer science fiction, with Alastair Reynolds being my favorite author. I also greatly enjoy classical English lit as well as fantasy, and even books on hard science. I don’t watch much television, though I do like shows such as Star Trek and a few of the more well made shows out there.

I plan to go back to school in the near future for either Culinary Arts or perhaps to finish my degree in English that I nearly have complete. I have struggled for many years trying to find something I want to do “when I grow up” and I think finally I am at the stage in my life when I can figure it out. Baking and cooking are a huge passion of mine so I am leaning towards the culinary arts route.

Well I think I have rambled long enough and taken up enough of you nice peoples time. I will see you all around the forums and if you have any questions, please, feel free to ask.

Signature 

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Posted: 01 December 2011 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

Welcome Carl! You will find this place to be welcoming and engaging. Glad to have you with us.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 01 December 2011 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-01

Thanks, can’t wait to start getting to know some of you guys.

Signature 

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Posted: 01 December 2011 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Welcome Carl! And congrats on the proposal.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 01 December 2011 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5187
Joined  2010-06-16

Welcome, Carl.  Congratulations on the proposal (assuming you accepted).  Does that mean you’ll have to travel to another state to get married, or does Texas allow same sex marriages?

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 01 December 2011 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-01

Thanks guys, and yes I accepted, he’s perfect for me so I couldn’t have not. As to the wedding we are doing it in Texas and will simply do the powers of attorney to give us basically the same rights as a married couple. We couldn’t really care less about the legality of the marriage, to us it’s the idea behind it that counts. The idea that Texas has banned same sex marriage does make me ashamed to call myself a Texan though.

Signature 

― Christopher Hitchens

Posted: 01 December 2011 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Cheers and welcome to the CFI Forum, Carl. Great to have you join us.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 01 December 2011 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2011-09-13

Welcome Carl.  Join in and enjoy.

Posted: 02 December 2011 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26

Welcome Carl,

Looking forward to your posts and maybe a couple of recipies?.... tongue rolleye

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 02 December 2011 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-01

I’ll see if I can hook you up, lately I have just been throwing stuff together without recipes, but I am sure I have some good ones I can share.

Signature 

― Christopher Hitchens

Posted: 16 April 2012 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

Welcome! When will I see you on my favorite cooking show Top Chef? Congratulations on the engagement!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

‹‹ Hello All      First Post ››