First Post
Posted: 02 December 2011 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-01-10

Hi everyone. My name’s Robert and I just joined the forums. I’m atheist and skeptic and tend to have a passion for all things science and religion in general. I write an occasional blog here http://mbireality.blogspot.com/ if anyone wants to check it out. Otherwise, I look forward to participating in the forums. Thank you.

Signature 

“When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, “Why God? Why me?” and the thundering voice of God answered, “There’s just something about you that pisses me off.” - Stephen King

http://mbireality.blogspot.com/

Posted: 02 December 2011 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2011-09-13

Welcome Robert.  I too have a great deal of interests in science so I’ll be taking a look at your blog.

Posted: 02 December 2011 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

Ah, good to see a new skeptic here.  smile  Enjoy yourself Robert.  You know, atheism is a small part of Humanism.  I read a good book about it once: The Philosophy of Humanism, Eighth Edition.  Check it out some time.

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 02 December 2011 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-01-10

Oh, I’m well aware of what Humanism is. I’ve spent the last year on the board of directors for our area humanist chapter. But thanks for the book suggestion.

Signature 

“When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, “Why God? Why me?” and the thundering voice of God answered, “There’s just something about you that pisses me off.” - Stephen King

http://mbireality.blogspot.com/

Posted: 02 December 2011 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10

Welcome, Robert. Cool blog. I like your writing style and content. You seem to be in the ridicule-is-okay-when-deserved camp of skeptics. I’m there with you wink

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 03 December 2011 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  5975
Joined  2009-02-26

welcome Robert,

Looking forward to your posts.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 23 December 2011 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  5975
Joined  2009-02-26
jiksaw213 - 23 December 2011 01:20 AM

Hi everyone, my name’s Alex from Bollingbrook, i am new member here and hope to receive help from you guys!!

Wecome Alex, looking forward to your posts.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 23 December 2011 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
Write4U - 23 December 2011 02:01 AM
jiksaw213 - 23 December 2011 01:20 AM

Hi everyone, my name’s Alex from Bollingbrook, i am new member here and hope to receive help from you guys!!

Wecome Alex, looking forward to your posts.

Spammer, unfortunately.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 29 December 2011 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Robert.  Glad to have you here.  I think you will enjoy it here.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

‹‹ Greetings      Ex-fundie Homeschooling Mother ››