6 of 6
Fish oil, dose it work?
Posted: 01 June 2011 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2008-02-25

HERE is another nice talk on the relationship between the brain, the gut, and cooking.

Posted: 02 June 2011 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
brightfut - 01 June 2011 04:55 PM

HERE is another nice talk on the relationship between the brain, the gut, and cooking.

He’s right about there being a brain-gut connection. Anorexia and bulimia are obvious examples. I’ve had biology professors claim that we defecate when we are terrified so that we weigh less and can run faster. That’s an interesting hypothesis, but it doesn’t convince me. A more likely reasoning is that whatever is after you won’t be as interested after witnessing such an event.

Our love of sugars seems like the primary problem relating our brain and gut. Chocolates and ice cream are well-known foods of choice after a breakup.

Finally, I don’t think I could ever be comfortable labeling myself as a coctivor.  shut eye

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 02 June 2011 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2008-02-25
traveler - 02 June 2011 04:52 AM

Finally, I don’t think I could ever be comfortable labeling myself as a coctivor.  shut eye

The two videos don’t say much about the vegetarian vs meat eating controversy.  However, they do make a pretty convincing argument that to prefer raw food to cooked food is a dumb idea.

6 of 6