Atheist and freethinker from Vancouver
Posted: 19 December 2011 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-12-19

Hello everyone,

My name’s Roley, currently living and working in Vancouver, BC.

Rather unfortunately, I discovered Christopher Hitchens in the wake of his death and have been voracious in my consumption of videos featuring his debates. His words urged me to embrace my own views on religion and to give in to my desires to share my views publicly. I’ve gained a new-found sense of pride in accepting my agnostic atheism, no longer as contentious, presumptuous and socially unpopular, but as a path to truth, a source of inner strength and a wellspring of peace and calm that I derive from a deeper understanding of existence, including my own.

I’m here to share my hair-brained thoughts in a relatively safe and encouraging environment and to meet like-minded individuals who will provide rational and hopefully creative feedback.

If you’re from Vancouver, give me a shout!

Go Canucks Go.

- Rolls

[ Edited: 01 August 2012 12:04 PM by RoleyC ]
 Signature 

Rolls
Vancouver, BC
GO CANUCKS GO

I have merely tenuous answers but, with grave certainty, many questions…

Posted: 20 December 2011 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15300
Joined  2006-02-14

Hello and welcome to the CFI Forum, Roley! Given your interests, I’m sure you’ll find it interesting here, and looking forward to your input.

Cheers,

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 20 December 2011 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7503
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Roley.  I also think you’ll find the conversations around here interesting too, so jump right in and join us.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 20 December 2011 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22

Hi Roley;

Welcome

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

‹‹ Greetings!      Joce_B ››