1 of 2
Encryptions found in the Bible and they are NOT BIBLE CODES (Merged)
Posted: 01 January 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-01-01

Hi
I have found dozens of encrypted, ‘in context with the the surface story’,
teachings in the Bible.  These are not Bible codes and a Bible Code program would never ‘see’ them.
I believe these are teachings ‘direct from God’ affirming the validity of scripture.
Is anyone interested in discussing these discoveries?

Attached is one of them:
It answers the question ‘why did God rest on the 7th day?’
the message embedded in the verse which says that He rested on the 7th day from all His work
reads ‘I was weary’!

see the attached
John B

Image Attachments
12-14-2011 5-33-07 PM.jpg

Posted: 01 January 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15343
Joined  2006-02-14

Sorry to say but you are wasting your time finding random, meaningless Bible codes, for that’s precisely what they are. You might as well spend your time looking for images among the sidewalk cracks near your house.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 01 January 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  5500
Joined  2010-06-16

Besides, even if you find such things, how do you know they weren’t put there by the various monks and others who did the many translations of the bible from earlier languages and structures?

And, what’s with this all-powerful being being “weary”?  That’s just another case of a person imputing human characteristics to a very definitely non-human fairytale figure.

Occam

[ Edited: 01 January 2012 03:14 PM by Occam. ]
 Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 01 January 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-01
Occam. - 01 January 2012 03:11 PM

Besides, even if you find such things, how do you know they weren’t put there by the various monks and others who did the many translations of the bible from earlier languages and structures?

And, what’s with this all-powerful being being “weary”?  That’s just another case of a person imputing human characteristics to a very definitely non-human fairytale figure.

Occam

How about we humans have these traits because He had them first.  Its kind of ‘reverse anthropomorphism’?.

John B

Posted: 01 January 2012 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-01
dougsmith - 01 January 2012 02:44 PM

Sorry to say but you are wasting your time finding random, meaningless Bible codes, for that’s precisely what they are. You might as well spend your time looking for images among the sidewalk cracks near your house.

Dude deal with the subject.

If you were to discover the terms freedom of speech, right of assembly and freedom of religion plus the name Thomas Jefferson
embedded in the 1st amendment to the constitution…. you’d say
“yep, that’s a deliberate encryption”  You’d say this BECAUSE of the remarkable
context relevancy.  The items you see in the attachments submitted are EXACTLY
of the same sort of thing as my example.  The teachings were encrypted into the text on purpose
- just check it out.  If there is any professor of statistics reading
this I’d like your comments… Please!
John B

Posted: 01 January 2012 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-01

http://screencast.com/t/CucH6NbKe3y
probably most readers are aware Christians teach The Father foreknew the Name, purpose and mission of Messiah from the ‘foundation of the world. Here’s supportive evidence that this teaching is true. The contextual relevancy takes this text out of the realm of coincidental Bible codes and elevates it into th arena of revelation and prophecy. http://screencast.com/t/​CucH6NbKe3y

Posted: 01 January 2012 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
johnboylan - 01 January 2012 06:36 PM

Dude deal with the subject.

Exactly so: they are Bible Codes, and just as worthless.

What is the probability that you could find one 5-letter phrase that could be interpreted as bearing in any way on the subject in the target text, if you are allowed to pick text going in any direction, and line up words however you’d like? I’d say well near 100%, certainly 100% if the text is large enough, and the Bible is enormous.

Again, this is a waste of your time and ours. Get it professionally checked before touting it.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 01 January 2012 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  2634
Joined  2011-04-24
johnboylan - 01 January 2012 07:12 PM

http://screencast.com/t/CucH6NbKe3y
probably most readers are aware Christians teach The Father foreknew the Name, purpose and mission of Messiah from the ‘foundation of the world. Here’s supportive evidence that this teaching is true. The contextual relevancy takes this text out of the realm of coincidental Bible codes and elevates it into th arena of revelation and prophecy. http://screencast.com/t/​CucH6NbKe3y

Laughable - it’s a bunch of Hebrew letters randomly strung together.  The “contextual relevancy” takes it into the realm of wishful thinking.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 02 January 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2011-11-05

I agree it’s good for a laugh, and a lesson on how people try to manipulate what they think the find in the bible, but that’s about it.  Finding “codes” would be a purely modern invention of fantasy, and probably repugnant to Jewish/Hebrew rabbis (teachers). I suppose, if one wasn’t bored by the whole exercise, you could look for “codes” that would support any point you wished to argue about “facts” you think you can find in the bible. No worse than spending time on any other computer game, but no more relevant to life (or theology).

Signature 

The Muddler (Diane)

Posted: 03 January 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-01

Bah Humbug to these responses. 
You know, no one denies that governments encrypt messages into seemingly normal letters etc.  But to even approach the idea that a God did this so threatens peoples sense of security that they can’t take it.  I thought i was dealing with adults who would have a serious conversation on this site… guess I was wrong.
John B

Posted: 03 January 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
johnboylan - 03 January 2012 03:43 PM

You know, no one denies that governments encrypt messages into seemingly normal letters etc.  But to even approach the idea that a God did this so threatens peoples sense of security that they can’t take it.  I thought i was dealing with adults who would have a serious conversation on this site… guess I was wrong.
John B

You think God wrote that?

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 03 January 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  3060
Joined  2011-08-15

If you were to discover the terms freedom of speech, right of assembly and freedom of religion plus the name Thomas Jefferson
embedded in the 1st amendment to the constitution…. you’d say
“yep, that’s a deliberate encryption”  You’d say this BECAUSE of the remarkable
context relevancy.

You’re playing the “if… then… game”. It’s easy to play: what if… Napoleon had a B52 at Waterloo? The fact is that NO code has been uncovered in the Declaration of Independance or the Constitution. What actual context relevency? Let’s see your proof. Jumbled cross worded Jewish symbols can be positioned to mean anything. this is no proof of the existence of a deity, just a word game like seeing jesus in a cloud pattern. If your contention was true then it would have appeared in say “Biblical Archeology Review” or other scholastic magazines. And as to adults here I believe that you have it backwards.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 03 January 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Thevillageatheist - 03 January 2012 04:09 PM

The fact is that NO code has been uncovered in the Declaration of Independance or the Constitution.

I’m sure we could find all kinds of “hidden codes” in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, or indeed any lengthy text whatsoever. It’s just a silly exercise in pattern-matching.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 03 January 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2007-10-22
johnboylan - 03 January 2012 03:43 PM

John B

Please clarify which of the gods you are talking about.  There are several mentioned in the Bible.  And the only thing that the Bible states that any of them wrote was the Ten Commandments and Moses broke the tablets they were on before anyone couold read them.

[ Edited: 03 January 2012 04:40 PM by garythehuman ]
 Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 03 January 2012 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  6001
Joined  2009-02-26

Now we know that at least one god had a penchant for crossword puzzles.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 03 January 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  6001
Joined  2009-02-26
johnboylan - 01 January 2012 06:27 PM
Occam. - 01 January 2012 03:11 PM

Occam

How about we humans have these traits because He had them first.  Its kind of ‘reverse anthropomorphism’?.

John B

Sounds to me like a kind of ‘reverse creationism.  We created god in our image. And we do like crossword puzzles.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

1 of 2