Brian Greene - The Fabric of the Cosmos
Posted: 02 January 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2009-06-02

It’s the beginning of a new year here at Point of Inquiry, and we’ve got a pretty good guest to kick it off.

He needs no introduction. He’s Brian Greene—celebrity physicist, bestselling author, television star and all around science communication maestro.

Officially: Greene is co-founder and director of Columbia University’s Institute for Strings, Cosmology, and Astroparticle Physics, author of the bestselling books The Elegant Universe and The Fabric of the Cosmos, and co-founder of the World Science Festival.

We caught up with Greene to discuss the recently aired four part NOVA special based on The Fabric of the Cosmos, as well as, well, sciency things in general.

http://www.pointofinquiry.org/brian_greene_the_fabric_of_the_cosmos/

Posted: 06 January 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-03-16

I enjoyed this episode immensely.  More of this sort of thing, please!

Posted: 06 January 2012 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15

Yes - an interesting fun interview.
And I have to admit it was nice not to have the conversation get lost in trying to explain multiverses and such as other interviews with Brian I’ve listen to have done.

Good questions/answers about communicating science,
good answer about the “God” particle.

[ Edited: 06 January 2012 07:56 PM by citizenschallenge.pm ]
 Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 08 January 2012 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2008-03-21

A “pretty good guest”?  That’s not very complimentary towards Brian to actually have in the published description of the episode.  That’s sort of like introducing your wife as “my somewhat pretty wife.”  wink