“Imagine” lyrics
Posted: 02 January 2012 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24

http://freethoughtblogs.com/camelswithhammers/2012/01/01/john-lennon-did-not-imagine-that-all-religion-is-true/    Rapper Cee lo Greene sang a version of Lennon’s “Imagine” on new years eve, and made a slight change to the lyrics.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 03 January 2012 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

Yes, Imagine all religions are true…. I don’t think he got this part “....No hell below us, Above us only sky, which contradicts the ‘all religion’ line….and Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can, No need for greed or hunger,A brotherhood of man.., how he could sing those lines, while wearing a fur coat and bling worth more than what the average American makes in a year, with a straight face, is beyond me…

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 04 January 2012 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2011-04-24

It’s not that big of a deal, but Cee Lo Greene is probably not a freethinker-if he was he likely would have expressed the original lyric.

Signature 

Posted: 04 January 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2887
Joined  2011-08-15

how he could sing those lines, while wearing a fur coat and bling worth more than what the average American makes in a year, with a straight face, is beyond me

Although, and I’m a fan of Lennon’s and the song’s message, John was himself a multimillionaire when he wrote it. Ironic. Also, I wonder if Cee Lo was told to alter the line so as not to be controversial and lead to adverse publicity. For an entertainer that could be disasterous. look at the scandal mags. Aything said or done that the public finds resentful could be a career ender. Remember when the Beatles were vilified because of an idle comment!

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 04 January 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29
Thevillageatheist - 04 January 2012 10:24 AM

Although, and I’m a fan of Lennon’s and the song’s message, John was himself a multimillionaire when he wrote it.

And he paid for that with his life. downer At least that is what I understand was the reason why the “Catcher in the Rye” crazy guy killed him.

Posted: 04 January 2012 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
George - 04 January 2012 12:26 PM
Thevillageatheist - 04 January 2012 10:24 AM

Although, and I’m a fan of Lennon’s and the song’s message, John was himself a multimillionaire when he wrote it.

And he paid for that with his life. downer At least that is what I understand was the reason why the “Catcher in the Rye” crazy guy killed him.

Well, that was what Mark Chapman said; he was prone to kill though. It could have been anyone.

Signature 

Posted: 05 January 2012 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  2887
Joined  2011-08-15

Didn’t he believe that god told him to kill Lennon? At least that’s what he stated at the trial. Maybe he thought god was J.D. Salinger?

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

‹‹ "Music Boxes"      Horror ››