3 of 8
Transgender boys in girl scouts.
Posted: 16 January 2012 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2233
Joined  2007-04-26
ExMachina - 16 January 2012 04:09 AM

Well…...I’m not about to spend $170 to subscribe to the site to find out the information that you’re talking about and the second site was also requiring payment to which I really don’t want to know how much they want.

Interestingly enough, from the small blurb of information that they did give about it. They did call it a disorder, so it seems that from the medical standpoint, that there is something mentally wrong with a transgender.

I was curious though, are you you saying prejudice as though I my judgments are based on fear or hatred or are you just implying that I lack the proper information to see the full picture?

You don’t need to read the entire article. The abstracts are free to review. The word disorder in this case isn’t use to imply a moral judgement. Its use in medicine simply means that there is a condition that causes a diminished quality of life for the individual and may require treatment of some sort. That treatment could very well be a sex change operation or psychotherapy and medical evaluation if the individual prefers to try and live in the body they have.

I didn’t mean to imply anything about fear or hatred. Prejudiced simply means that your conclusion is being formed by some preconceived impression rather than the currently available objective evidence.

[ Edited: 16 January 2012 05:04 AM by macgyver ]
 Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 16 January 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  1777
Joined  2007-10-22

How about we just eliminate Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and just make it Youth Scouts?

[ Edited: 17 January 2012 02:32 PM by garythehuman ]
 Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 16 January 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16
garythehuman - 16 January 2012 11:29 AM

How about we just eliminat Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and just make it Youth Scouts?

And the average age of loss of virginity slips down another year.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 17 January 2012 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Joined  2007-10-22
Occam. - 16 January 2012 11:54 AM
garythehuman - 16 January 2012 11:29 AM

How about we just eliminat Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and just make it Youth Scouts?

And the average age of loss of virginity slips down another year.  LOL

Occam

There are certain physical limitations to this and I think we may already be back to them.  Let nature take its course. cool grin

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 17 January 2012 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  698
Joined  2007-10-14

`
Yay, the Girl Scouts accept transgender girls! :)

time to buy as many of their damn cookies as possible!

`

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 18 January 2012 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Axegrrl - 17 January 2012 11:54 PM

`
Yay, the Girl Scouts accept transgender girls! smile

time to buy as many of their damn cookies as possible!

`

That’s what I’m sayin’!  smile

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 18 January 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Joined  2007-10-22

I’ll go for that.  Like those mints

Signature 

Gary the Human

Posted: 18 January 2012 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2010-07-01
garythehuman - 18 January 2012 04:06 PM

Yeah, they’re mints on the outside, but now how can you be sure that’s what you’ll get on the inside. LOL

Posted: 19 January 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Joined  2007-10-22
ExMachina - 18 January 2012 04:13 PM
garythehuman - 18 January 2012 04:06 PM

Yeah, they’re mints on the outside, but now how can you be sure that’s what you’ll get on the inside. LOL

Ya gotta have faith.  cool grin

Signature 

Gary the Human

Posted: 21 January 2012 04:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2010-07-01

Does anyone her truly believe that a man can be trapped in woman’s body and vice verse?

and

Is there really anyone here who believes that it is possible to change a persons sex?

[ Edited: 21 January 2012 04:11 AM by ExMachina ]

Posted: 21 January 2012 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
ExMachina - 21 January 2012 04:09 AM

Does anyone her truly believe that a man can be trapped in woman’s body and vice verse?

and

Is there really anyone here who believes that it is possible to change a persons sex?

Does anyone not? Where do we get data on these sorts of things? By reports from individuals effected. Why on earth would someone make something like that up?

And why aren’t you willing to take their reports seriously?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 21 January 2012 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  2715
Joined  2011-04-24

and

I believe that it is a real phenomenon,but I have no idea what the “brain chemistry” behind it is.    Re: sex changes - Well, we know that they happen! The “realness” of it is subjective,it would seem.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 21 January 2012 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Total Posts:  2233
Joined  2007-04-26
mid atlantic - 21 January 2012 06:57 AM

and

I believe that it is a real phenomenon,but I have no idea what the “brain chemistry” behind it is.    Re: sex changes - Well, we know that they happen! The “realness” of it is subjective,it would seem.

I’ve said this in a previous post in this thread but maybe I need to reword it. Look at it this way. You are a man trapped in a man’s body right? Mentally you are a man and there is no question about your orientation I assume ( I am making some assumptions here but this is the case for me so I will assume your situation is the same). Feeling as though you are male or female is not an ambiguous thing for most people. You either are one or the other with a few exceptions. Obviously something “programs” our brains to be male or female and if you read my post above I linked to a study that showed that hermaphrodites who were morphologically female but genetically male identified themselves as male even though they their families thought they were female and they had been raised as such. Obviously biology plays a huge role in sexual identification. Its no great leap to imagine that nature and biology sometimes screw things up. I know of very few biological characteristics ( maybe none) where nature never makes a mistake.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 21 January 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Yes, the brain has a definite body image that is impossible (with what we know) to fight successfully. If you don’t believe it, then check out a similar brain-induced phenomenon - BIID.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 21 January 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  2715
Joined  2011-04-24
macgyver - 21 January 2012 07:22 AM
mid atlantic - 21 January 2012 06:57 AM

and

I’ve said this in a previous post in this thread but maybe I need to reword it. Look at it this way. You are a man trapped in a man’s body right? Mentally you are a man and there is no question about your orientation I assume ( I am making some assumptions here but this is the case for me so I will assume your situation is the same). Feeling as though you are male or female is not an ambiguous thing for most people. You either are one or the other with a few exceptions. Obviously something “programs” our brains to be male or female and if you read my post above I linked to a study that showed that hermaphrodites who were morphologically female but genetically male identified themselves as male even though they their families thought they were female and they had been raised as such. Obviously biology plays a huge role in sexual identification. Its no great leap to imagine that nature and biology sometimes screw things up. I know of very few biological characteristics ( maybe none) where nature never makes a mistake.

I fully agree.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

3 of 8