Growing Trend
Posted: 31 January 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2012-01-23

Recently Indiana Passed the Senate Bill 89, which would “require the teaching of various theories concerning the origin of life, including creation science”. Though they tried to reword it to accept all religious theories about science I think this to be a brutual assualt on logic, and to allow it to be taught in school is ridiculous.Article on the Passing of SB 89
But Indiana is not the only state where this is happening. South Dakota just propositioned a similar bill Petition to Stop SD Bill HRC 1004, the same with New Hampshire.
I think there definitly needs to be a change in order for us to prevent this from happening. Laws like this may seem small and insignificant to some but it affects us all and it is an infringement of our rights. I am afraid that laws like these will only get worse if left unopposed. First they want us to give creationism the same credibility as regular science, next they wont want us to teach certain theories and subjects to “protect” our children from science and logic.
No Religion in Government

Signature 

Posted: 12 February 2012 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2012-02-03

As Judith Hayes said, “If we are going to teach ‘creation science’ as an alternative to evolution, then we should also teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological reproduction.”

Being from Indiana, I must say I’m absolutely horrified but not surprised.

Posted: 12 February 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2012-01-23

Tara Nelson from Indiana’s 4th District spoke to me about her surprise about the passing of SB89 and how it obviously introduces religion into our schools where it does not belong. She is running for congress and I urge everyone in Indiana to check her out. She seems very sensible and motivated

Signature