Open Letter to RP Palumbo (R-RI)
Posted: 31 January 2012 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2012-01-23

I and many other has been very distressed about how the surrounding community has treated Jessica Ahlquist after she stood up for her rights and had a prayer banner removed. The National Atheist Party was moved by the Jessica Ahlquist Fund as an attempt to show our support as a community for her bravery. The National Atheist Party’s President then sent and issued .this letter calling out the Representative who should enforce such policies, not a young girl. He should also be enforcing online and offline bullying laws, her life has been openly threatened and there has been no action. I think more people should take a stand against bullying in all cases. What scares me most about no one in the government backing her up publicaly and especially local government officials is that Michigan just passed an Anti-Bullying Act that would allow for bullying if it had religious or moral reasons.

[ Edited: 31 January 2012 06:22 PM by catey.condon ]
 Signature 

Posted: 01 February 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04
catey.condon - 31 January 2012 06:15 PM

I and many other has been very distressed about how the surrounding community has treated Jessica Ahlquist after she stood up for her rights and had a prayer banner removed. The National Atheist Party was moved by the Jessica Ahlquist Fund as an attempt to show our support as a community for her bravery. The National Atheist Party’s President then sent and issued .this letter calling out the Representative who should enforce such policies, not a young girl. He should also be enforcing online and offline bullying laws, her life has been openly threatened and there has been no action. I think more people should take a stand against bullying in all cases. What scares me most about no one in the government backing her up publicaly and especially local government officials is that Michigan just passed an Anti-Bullying Act that would allow for bullying if it had religious or moral reasons.

The link you provided looks like a victory for the good guys, as it indicates that the religious language was taken out of the act.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 01 February 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2012-01-23

Ah well,. I mispoke but I am glad to be corrected as it is a victory for the good guys. However the original bill was still rude and offensive. I’mm glad they changed it

Signature 

‹‹ Growing Trend      Romney-Business ››