Extraterrestrials
Posted: 01 February 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

OMG—and I never say “OMG.” Did anyone else (besides the mod who deleted the post) see the spam by the guy who wrote a book called Extraterrestrials? Just for kicks I read the description on Amazon. Check it out:

The universe is vast. The existence of extraterrestrial life is nearly certain when one considers the size of the cosmos. But what would these alien life forms really be like from a scientific perspective?

Dookdook is a member of the Dooda species, a Type 2 extraterrestrial civilization based entirely on the pursuit of scientific advancement. Like other members of his race, he cannot understand the concepts of war, honor and bravery. However, when his star system is attacked by a predatory alien species known as the Grubboxes, he realizes the importance of combat and fighting for what he believes in. But can he convince his species to do the same? Can theoretical physics really dominate experimental physics?

Delve into a place where none of the aliens look or act like humans. Discover what it truly means to be an extraterrestrial.

What a brilliant plot. And the names he chooses… Dookdook? Dooda species? Grubboxes? Are you freakin’ kidding me?  LOL

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 01 February 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Nano nano. And Shazbat!

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 01 February 2012 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7576
Joined  2007-03-02

Could be interesting sci-fi.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 01 February 2012 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2416
Joined  2007-07-05
Mriana - 01 February 2012 05:47 PM

Could be interesting sci-fi.

I wouldn’t bet money on it.  With those names I would bet against.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 02 February 2012 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3163
Joined  2011-08-15

I wouldn’t bet money on it.  With those names I would bet against.

Yo wouldn’t bet money on it?? Really? Then how about “Tralfamadorians” blink-blink!!!!  They sold pretty well. cheese

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine