I mean horse race.

Santorum coming up from behind,
Gingrich choking,
Romney stumbling, but remains the great white hope,
well unless tea bagging is where your at, then perhaps it’s Santorum,
but Gingrich has the money.
Oh my.

So what’s your bet?

I’m still fantasizing about the dream team of Santorum & Bachmann leading the Republican party to an ass whopping.

Put your money down folks. . .

tongue wink

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 09 February 2012 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Santorum coming from behind.  LOL  LOL  LOL

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 09 February 2012 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4848
Joined  2007-10-05

My money is still on Mittens, but I love the Santorum/Bachmann dream team. Maybe I should register as a Republican this year and vote for Santorum in the Republican primary.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 09 February 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4350
Joined  2010-08-15
traveler - 09 February 2012 06:44 AM

Santorum coming from behind.  LOL  LOL  LOL

LOL  LOL  LOL

Signature 

Posted: 09 February 2012 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3206
Joined  2011-08-15

But what’s that skinny little plug of a horse doing on the track running for its life? Oh folks, it’s Ron with a sign on his tail that says I may be slow but I’ll meet y’all at the finish. But since he didn’t attend the CPAC (feeding trough for the reps) he may not! Unfortunately Mitt will cross the line first and all the moderates will put him there.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 09 February 2012 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2011-01-10

seems pointless to bet on a fixed race…...

as we’ve seen from the Bush/Gore election…...... having more votes doesn’t seem to mean anything.

I hope to hell that Romney isn’t their prize pony….... it’s going to be a dark day the day that man takes office. He is so disconnected from a majority of the population, and cannot possibly make any decisions to make things better with such a narrow perspective of what’s going on in America. Not to mention that he has flip-flopped on almost EVERY issue on the table!

How many Americans liked the recession? It seems quite predictable that voting “Wall Street” Romney in will result in even more financial corruption and bankruptcy for the majority of American’s struggling to cope with the aftermath of the bank bailouts.

Newt and Rick are more like cartoon characters to me, and seem much too unintelligent to have the huge responsibility of being President.

There are some issues that I don’t see eye to eye with him on, but I honestly think Ron Paul should win. He’s the first politician Ive seen to say it like it is, and not be afraid to say what he thinks is right - even if it’s not what everyone else will say. Get rid of the federal reserve? WOW Bring the troops home? We shouldnt be invading other countries and policing the world? WOW.

Unfortunately -the one person who I think could make the most difference, will never be allowed to win. Look at the news channels neglecting to mention his name, leaving his name off the polls, discrediting his numbers by saying it must be an error with the system. SAD. He raised the most donations, and is the only candidate who is being vocally supported in other parts of the world.

Get ready for the ballot fraud :(

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

Posted: 09 February 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  4848
Joined  2007-10-05
missmac - 09 February 2012 09:55 PM

seems pointless to bet on a fixed race…...

Good point.

There are some issues that I don’t see eye to eye with him on, but I honestly think Ron Paul should win. He’s the first politician Ive seen to say it like it is, and not be afraid to say what he thinks is right - even if it’s not what everyone else will say. Get rid of the federal reserve? WOW Bring the troops home? We shouldnt be invading other countries and policing the world? WOW.

I suggest you read this thread.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 09 February 2012 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2011-01-10

Trust me…......I’ve done my research.

Obviously my first thought after I watched the debate where he spoke about bringing the troops back from war - was “this seems too good to be true”

After I dug a little deeper I found the articles about him being racist, and the racist comments in a newsletter…............from 1993. Which ultimately failed to convince me that he was wholly responsible for the controversial accusations and seemed to be grasping at straws in a bid to tarnish his reputation.

So what if he doesn’t believe in evolution, he believes in the constitution which values personal freedom and liberty, so I can respect that. I don’t believe in god, but I don’t go around trying to smash other peoples beliefs (even though most of them seem to want to convince me that what I believe is wrong) I respect what they choose to believe in, and see no reason to do anything about it, unless I feel my own life, safety, or freedoms are being threatened.

I think Ron Paul’s stance on abortion does not reflect the needs and rights of women for this day and age - and that personal belief should not dictate what options will be available for women in circumstances of unmanageable/unwilling pregnancy.

Obviously there wont be a politician who’s campaign anyone will ever fully agree with, but here’s the bottom line:

Ron Paul is incredibly intelligent, he is very connected and tuned in to the struggles of the average US citizen, he is fully aware of the issues in the US and has plans on how to fix them, he is not afraid to say the right thing - even if it’s the unpopular thing, he seems like the only one who can restore a decent quality of life back to families and tackle corporate greed to make the distribution of wealth more even.

All the cons about voting for him aren’t enough to sway the benefits of the pros.

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

Posted: 10 February 2012 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  3206
Joined  2011-08-15

Ron Paul is incredibly intelligent, he is very connected and tuned in to the struggles of the average US citizen, he is fully aware of the issues in the US and has plans on how to fix them, he is not afraid to say the right thing - even if it’s the unpopular thing, he seems like the only one who can restore a decent quality of life back to families and tackle corporate greed to make the distribution of wealth more even

And for the very reasons you have outlined about Paul he is not a viable candidate even if you agree with the majority of his opinions. He appears to be progressive but can afford to “buck” the majority of his party, yes the REPUBLICAN party, not the Democrat party. Like Ralph Nader of the Greens he can snipe at the heels of the majority party with their gigantic warchest but in the end it will be the candidate with the deepest pockets and the most charisma who will be chosen and that man is The Mittmeister. I hope to hell that I’m wrong as he is the candidate to knock out Obama, even though Obama is slated to beat him by 3% points in the election. All I’m saying is you’re looking at a wolf in sheeps clothing. If Paul was so progressive, then why does he hang with the dimwitted neocons? Birds of a feather…..

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 10 February 2012 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

! NEWS FLASH !

Santorum is surging {not my words dudes… USA TODAY pg. 5A}
Neck’n neck with Gingrich
Romney, taking heat for being a ruthless sob, stumbles… again
Bachmann readying to stroke CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference)

[ Edited: 10 February 2012 08:18 AM by citizenschallenge.pm ]
 Signature 

Posted: 10 February 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2010-08-15
missmac - 09 February 2012 09:55 PM

Newt and Rick are more like cartoon characters to me, and seem much too unintelligent to have the huge responsibility of being President.

Hey that’s never stopped the Republicans, nor the Americans from voting an idiot into office…
although I guess the Supreme Court did have to step in and help him across the finish line.

Signature 

Posted: 10 February 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Bush (W) was the perfect cartoon character. He put Jon Stewart’s kids through college.  LOL

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 10 February 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  3191
Joined  2011-11-04

Romney has been the GOP nominee all along.  Everything we’ve seen in the Republican primaries has been a 3-ring circus, dog and pony show, a farce, a card trick, designed to make primary voters think they are making a choice. Santorum surging, insures that the conservative base remains split so that it does not consolidate to defeat Romney.

Personally, I wish Gingrich or Santorum would win the nomination, as I think they would be more likely to lose the Presidential election.  I would love for Paul to win the nomination, as it would be interesting to hear the debates between him and Obama.

But alas, as long as there is a Karl Rove, Romney will be the GOP nominee.  The all things to all voters, Mitt, has the best chance to get swing votes when it counts the most.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 10 February 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
traveler - 10 February 2012 08:29 AM

Bush (W) was the perfect cartoon character. He put Jon Stewart’s kids through college.  LOL

True, though the some of the horrendous results of the Bush (W) administration were only funny in the sense that humor often has tragedy at its root. 

OTOH, he did make it possible for the US to elect its 1st black President.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 10 February 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

MissMac: ...All the cons about voting for him (Ron Paul) aren’t enough to sway the benefits of the pros.

If I were to slip in to a parallel universe in which Ron Paul was able to get elected as President, I would not be as devastated at the prospect, as I would be, if one of the other Republican clowns won the POTUS.  No doubt, Paul would shake up the status quo. 

My hope is, however, that Obama will win again and that he will be more able to press forward with getting things done in a 2nd term, when he no longer needs to be concerned about re-election.

Signature 

Posted: 11 February 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10
missmac - 09 February 2012 10:49 PM

After I dug a little deeper I found the articles about him being racist, and the racist comments in a newsletter…............from 1993. Which ultimately failed to convince me that he was wholly responsible for the controversial accusations and seemed to be grasping at straws in a bid to tarnish his reputation.

But wait, there’s more http://www.vice.com/read/yeah-ron-paul-is-racist-after-all-sorry

As part of an ongoing online effort against white supremacists, Anonymous hacked the website of the American Third Position (A3P), a white nationalist group tracked by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Like the SPLC, Anonymous found ties to skinhead groups, Nazis and David Duke’s flunkey Jamie Kelso. Unlike the SPLC, they also found significant ties to the Ron Paul 2012 campaign:

“In addition to finding the usual racist rants and interactions with other white power groups, we also found a disturbingly high amount of members who are also involved in campaigning for Ron Paul. According to these messages, Ron Paul has regularly met with many A3P members, even engaging in conference calls with their board of directors.”

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

1 of 2