This is the internet. Since we aren’t speaking face-to-face, perhaps it’s better to ask for clarification of comments (we perceive/interpret a particular way) instead of just assuming we know what the original poster meant by their statements? And when we do ask for clarification, if the responder’s explanation doesn’t fit with what we thought they meant, and we hold to our previous conviction anyway, aren’t we being ideologues?
1. We are all using the English language here- a system of letters and words in which thoughts and messages are communicated quite efficiently. Even in the form of sarcasm, double entendre, tounge and cheek comments, veiled threats, etc…
2. To bolster number 1. above: 2 other members immediately recognized that crap for what it was. The administrator and a Forum member in good standing with some time in here. They too quickly gleaned the data packets sent out in Egor’s English Language transmission.
3. The fact that Egor is a mindless moron who invented his own religion and then comes to an agnostic forum to proslytise his “faith” doesn’t help his cause with me either. By that I flatly mean he has a higher propensity for racism.
4. One other subject I didn’t use to support my claim, but one which could be the most relevant, is the fact that if you go back and read Egor’s defense you will see that he quickly in succession listed two separate explanations for his comments. Nevermind the fact that those reasons were so esoteric and hitherto unseen in the meanderings of Forum inter-communications.
5. For what it’s worth…I’ve been raised by a racist step-father, I’ve been exposed to blatant racism my whole life. At work, in the military, at schools, etc…I’ve recently been trained to recognize and report racism in the workplace. I’ve attended classes by administrations on the subject of racism in a variety of settings.
Big deal right? No not really. I’m sure a handful, if not more of the people here in this forum have lived and worked side by side with racists.(or people who are ignorant enough to use racist epitaphs and ideas as anecdote and humor etc…racism! The endemic kind.)
Yes, racism is pretty easy to recognize. I myself have seen the touge-in-cheek, veiled kind of racism Egor displayed a million goddamn times!
A million goddamned times!