31 of 31
Is Atheism a Dodge?
Posted: 14 April 2012 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 451 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6002
Joined  2009-02-26

I agree.

A great lecture by Professor Al Bartlett on exponential function:

http://www.albartlett.org/presentations/arithmetic_population_energy_video1.html

Part2 of the lecture explains the cunundrum we find ourselves in.  What we consider as “good” is mathematically bad, and what we consider as “bad, is mathematically good for a stable population with zero fertility rate. He explains that if we do not voluntarily make some hard decisions now, nature will do the job for us eventually in very drastic ways.

One thing is abundantly clear, “go forth and multiply” is NOT a command of god, it leads to death.

[ Edited: 14 April 2012 06:45 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 18 April 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 452 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2012-03-10
Write4U - 14 April 2012 06:33 PM

I agree.

A great lecture by Professor Al Bartlett on exponential function:

http://www.albartlett.org/presentations/arithmetic_population_energy_video1.html

Part2 of the lecture explains the cunundrum we find ourselves in.  What we consider as “good” is mathematically bad, and what we consider as “bad, is mathematically good for a stable population with zero fertility rate. He explains that if we do not voluntarily make some hard decisions now, nature will do the job for us eventually in very drastic ways.

One thing is abundantly clear, “go forth and multiply” is NOT a command of god, it leads to death.

Two things are abudantly clear.  “god did not say go forht and multiply”, the bible says, that god said it. 

Given the situation at the time the Bible was written down by men it made sense to “go forth and multiply”, 

Given the present situation it is not a good thing.

Posted: 02 May 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 453 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  694
Joined  2012-04-25

Coming to this thread late. Very interesting discussion.  I wonder if we should let Egor in on the secret?  Ya, might as well.  Egor - that god you’ve been two-way communicating with is a woman!  And she gets very mad when you refer to her as He.  She also gets very mad when you pray for things.  I hear it’s almost a deal breaker as far as going up or down after death.  You see, She gave us humans a magnificent gift called Reason.  And when we don’t use it, like when we pray, she gets SO pissed, because we’re wasting her greatest gift!

So if I were you I’d start calling her She, and stop praying for heavens sake. She’s gonna snap you like a twig if you don’t shape up.

[ Edited: 02 May 2012 10:40 AM by CuthbertJ ]

31 of 31