Catholic Church and Contraception
Posted: 11 February 2012 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-10-15

What if Mary had been on the pill?
Does contraception work in the case of immaculate conception?

xfetal.jpg

Posted: 12 February 2012 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Welcome, H.K.

That’s a very good question.  smile  And to broaden it, would it have only worked with the pill but not an IUD, and what about if Joseph (or was it god) had been wearing a condom?  Obviously an area that needs intense philosophical study.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 12 February 2012 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  6021
Joined  2009-02-26

Welcome HK

My question has always been that if there was immaculate conception, how Jesus could possibly be a male child and not a clone of Mary?

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 12 February 2012 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7547
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome.  That’s a loaded question, with many different philosophical views, depending on who answers that question.  I can imagine what Xians would say, as well as various atheists POVs too.  If you take the story solely as literature, it could go anyway the author wanted it to go.  Maybe she missed a dose or two.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 21 February 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2012-02-16

Nice picture of the Church and I appreciate the humor; however, would it be possible to use this situation to create a meaningful question?
TT.

[ Edited: 21 February 2012 03:40 PM by Ted Tyler ]
 Signature 

If your belief is true, the data will confirm it.  If your belief is false, then you need faith to believe it.
Religions that demand respect the most - are the religions that merit respect the least.
If you are offended by attacks on your religion, then your religion has programmed you well.

Posted: 21 February 2012 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2008-04-11

Wasn’t there something in the bible about ‘god’ impregnating her through her ear?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 21 February 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  6021
Joined  2009-02-26
asanta - 21 February 2012 06:01 PM

Wasn’t there something in the bible about ‘god’ impregnating her through her ear?

LOL  whisper in my ear and I’ll follow you anywhere… LOL

God must be a Ferengi.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 21 February 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  7547
Joined  2007-03-02

LOL  Write4U and asanta, you two are too funny.  smile  Then again, the Bile is a riot, when it’s not killing people, that is.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

‹‹ A Closet Christian      Hi From Nashvegas! ››