4 of 4
Bombshell Documentation of Heartland Institute Climate Fakery
Posted: 25 February 2012 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26
Bryan - 25 February 2012 08:11 PM
DarronS - 25 February 2012 07:49 PM

Nice job trying to deflect blame here Bryan, but the body of documents shows Heartland is engaging in an ongoing campaign to spread misinformation about climate change. The institute is not interested in truth, its sole interest is making money and the people within Heartland will willingly spread lies to keep the contributions coming.

Oh, sorry.  If it’s all about blame then by all means let’s keep the fake quotation posted as though it isn’t fake.  It’s the right thing to do.  Carry on.

Hi Bryan,
I read the link you provided and it is clear that regardless of a “single” document which may or may not be fake, there is ample evidence that there is a concerted effort by the climate deniers to instill doubt in the scientific method and leave the solutions up to the profit oriented free market, i.e. do your own thing.
It’s like telling a student driver that the causes of increasing accidents are in doubt so don’t worry about driving defensively.

[ Edited: 26 February 2012 02:28 AM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 26 February 2012 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
Write4U - 25 February 2012 11:21 PM

I read the link you provided and it is clear that regardless of a “single” document which may or may not be fake, there is ample evidence that there is a concerted effort by the climate deniers to instill doubt in the scientific method and leave the solutions up to the profit oriented free market, i.e. do your own thing.
It’s like telling a student driver that the causes of increasing accidents are in doubt so don’t worry about driving defensively.

HERE‘s the important part of that link:

Heartland says that one of the documents ” 2012 Heartland Climate Strategy” is a fake; however, the strategy to influence how climate change is taught in public school classrooms is repeated in another leaked Heartland document ” 2012 Fundraising Plan”.

... and that document is not fake.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 26 February 2012 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

(To see Heartland’s plans for public schools from a document they do not claim is ‘faked’, check HERE item H, p. 18).

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 26 February 2012 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15

Have you seen what some high school kids put together?

Keep Climate Denial Out of Our Schools, Corey Husic
http://whatsupwiththatwatts.blogspot.com/2012/02/keep-climate-denial-out-of-our-schools.html

they got a open letter they want signatures on

And just for some good old fun
“I’m a climate scientist”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiYZxOlCN10

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

4 of 4

‹‹ top five regrets of the dying      Comics ››