Hi from Calgary
Posted: 18 February 2012 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-02-18

Hi…I’m a new CFI member and looking forward to honing my critical thinking skills. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Posted: 18 February 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15405
Joined  2006-02-14

Welcome to the CFI Forum, Tammy. This is a great place to do what you’re looking for, so I’m sure you’ll have a great time.

Cheers,

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 18 February 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  6135
Joined  2009-02-26

Welcome Tammy,

looking forward to your posts.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 18 February 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Welcome, Tammy.  As you’ll note, we get a few christian evangelists and an occasional muslim who want to convert us heathens.  If you read the posts in those threads you’ll see a great deal of critical thinking and critical thinking fallacies.  I’m sure you’ll get plenty of practice by participating in them and have fun while you’re doing it.  smile

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 18 February 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-18

Thanks everyone smile

Posted: 18 February 2012 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7595
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Tammy.  Glad to have you here.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 21 February 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2012-02-16

Hi Tammy, Why not give us some information as to where you stand on critical issues, and what are your objectives? If you read my initial post; you will know exactly where I stand on several issues.

Signature 

If your belief is true, the data will confirm it.  If your belief is false, then you need faith to believe it.
Religions that demand respect the most - are the religions that merit respect the least.
If you are offended by attacks on your religion, then your religion has programmed you well.

Posted: 25 March 2012 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2012-03-06
Tammy - 18 February 2012 01:48 PM

Hi…I’m a new CFI member and looking forward to honing my critical thinking skills. Hope to meet some of you soon.

You might enjoy listening to Brian Dunning’s skeptoid podcast, good example of critical thinking skills at work. Just google skeptoid and you should be able to find it easily.

Posted: 04 February 2013 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2013-01-28

Wow almost a year ago since you joined, I’m form Calgary too! Have you been to any rallies or lectures? Would like to see more calgarians here. Hopefully see them in the real world also!

Signature 

“Judge a man by his questions, rather than his answers.”- voltaire

Posted: 13 March 2013 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-18

I haven’t popped by the forum for a while. I’m headed to An Evening with Michael Shermer and the lecture. Hopefully will meet some of you there smile