Michael Mann - The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars
Posted: 20 February 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2009-06-02

Host: Chris Mooney

Our guest this week is Michael Mann, the prominent climatologist and, above all, leading defender of his field—and himself—against political attacks.

Mann is out with a new book this month, which details his ten year battle against political attacks and misrepresentations. It’s called The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches From the Front Lines.

And already, people are attacking it on Amazon.com without having even read it.

Michael Mann is an American climatologist and director of the Earth System Science Center at Penn State University. He’s a co-founder and contributor to the blog RealClimate.org, and a fellow of the American Geophysical Union. He has over 150 peer reviewed publications to his name, and The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars is his second book.

http://www.pointofinquiry.org/michael_mann_the_hockey_stick_and_the_climate_wars/

Posted: 23 February 2012 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2010-06-08

Mann is one of my Heroes too.

Never since Galileo has being vilified by idiots been such a noble calling.

Posted: 24 February 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15
Fatso the combat wombat - 23 February 2012 11:20 PM

Mann is one of my Heroes too.

Never since Galileo has being vilified by idiots been such a noble calling.

Agreed. 
In fact this audio got me to thinking I oughta support Mann a little so I purchased a couple of his books.  Dire Predictions has been around for a while, great easy reference stuff and I got my own copy now.
I’m looking forward to reading HS/CW to see how my reading jives with some of the reviews I’ve read.

Dire Predictions: Understanding Global Warming - The Illustrated Guide to the Findings of the IPCC by Michael E. Mann (Jul 21, 2008)

The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest