The Heartland Institute And Murdoch Media
Posted: 21 February 2012 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4301
Joined  2010-08-15

I must say my recent unofficial survey of admittedly wanting news outlets in three airports turned up nothing regarding Denialgate.  So it’s with a bit of satisfaction that I noticed this thoughtful documented story.

The Heartland Institute And Murdoch Media
By Patrick Lockerby | February 20th 2012

{...}
The world at large also needs to know that Rupert Murdoch’s media empire - which often cites the Heartland Institute as a source for “climate science” - has managed to block publication of anything relating to this denialgate story in all but two of its outlets.
{...}
A news blackout is a very old propaganda trick.  The hope is that the target audience will never hear the other side of the argument.  Meanwhile, the propagandist keeps repeating the same old propaganda slogans: it’s the sun, it’s cosmic rays, etc.

Rupert Murdoch, like the old time radio broadcaster: “is a sovereign lord. He decides whether the event is spoken about at all, that is, whether it is broadcast.”

{...}
A list
{...}

So, do you trust some of the world’s top climate scientists, or a bunch of students who are presumably told which cherries to pick?

These and other paid propagandists have deliberately set out to undermine the democratic process by which climate policy is decided.  Under the guise of freedom of speech they have freely lied through their teeth for a few pieces of silver.

Modern democracies depend on science for their very survival, and science depends on true freedom of speech.{...}

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 21 February 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1397
Joined  2010-04-22

It’s not as if the U.S. has never had to deal with such shenanigans before. (Hint: Hearst)

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk