Another Drifter
Posted: 23 February 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2010-01-13

Greetings, CFI-ers.

I, like Ted Tyler, Savagemalloy and The Muddler, have come to continue discussions that we started while studying together under Dr. Price’s tutelage. I have actually been a member here since January of 2010, but have never jumped into the fray. I am what I believe is called a Jewish atheist; so I had a running start on all of you former Christians when it comes to the unbelievability of all things Jesus. As I did in the CFI Course forum, I am attaching my favorite cartoon, as it provides a good idea of where my mindset is on matters relevant herein.

I look forward to continuing conversations.

Image Attachments
miracle3.gif
 Signature 

“Time spent arguing is, oddly enough, almost never wasted.”
― Christopher Hitchens, Letters to a Young Contrarian

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.”
—Philip K. Dick

Posted: 23 February 2012 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6055
Joined  2009-02-26
lreadl - 23 February 2012 02:49 PM

Greetings, CFI-ers.

I, like Ted Tyler, Savagemalloy and The Muddler, have come to continue discussions that we started while studying together under Dr. Price’s tutelage. I have actually been a member here since January of 2010, but have never jumped into the fray. I am what I believe is called a Jewish atheist; so I had a running start on all of you former Christians when it comes to the unbelievability of all things Jesus. As I did in the CFI Course forum, I am attaching my favorite cartoon, as it provides a good idea of where my mindset is on matters relevant herein.

I look forward to continuing conversations.

Welcome Ireadl,

Looking forward to your post.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 23 February 2012 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2012-02-16

Hi Ireadi,
  What topics are you working on as a continuation of Dr. Price’s course?  I have the new version of Earl Doherty which should nail the non-existence of Jesus; however, I read slowly and my main interest is in psychology - so I may go with Science of Superstition by Bruce Hood.  Then if you are working on some particular topic, I could also review it and possibly make a contribution and ask a question.  Nice Cartoon.  I love miracles.

TT.

Signature 

If your belief is true, the data will confirm it.  If your belief is false, then you need faith to believe it.
Religions that demand respect the most - are the religions that merit respect the least.
If you are offended by attacks on your religion, then your religion has programmed you well.

Posted: 23 February 2012 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7576
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Ireadi, glad to have you here.  smile

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report