1 of 3
The Netherlands are actively practicing euthanasia!
Posted: 24 February 2012 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6103
Joined  2009-02-26

Mr. Santorum, the very Republican candidate for the Presidency of the US, has alleged that Holland actively practices non-consentual euthanasia (murder) in retirement homes and hospitals. He even stated that 10% of deaths in Holland are due from euthanasia.

My grandmother lived to a ripe old age of 102, even as she was blind and needed assistance for many menial chores in her retirement home.
She died from natural causes.

In my life I have not heard such an outrageous slander on a country or its people as Mr. Santorum uttered in those few minutes. He is lucky I will not meet him face to face, or I might not contain my rage against this duplicitous, f’cking, SOB.

I am sorry admins, I never used such expletives on this or any forum, but I hope you will grant me this one outburst against this piece of excrement.

This lying dirtbag has gone too far and is an offense to humanity.

[ Edited: 25 February 2012 05:11 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 24 February 2012 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

I apologize to all who may have been offended by my vulgar and boorish language.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 24 February 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4842
Joined  2007-10-05

No apology necessary. I thought you practiced admirable restraint when discussing Rick Santorum.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 24 February 2012 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3203
Joined  2011-08-15

Yea, this is the fundie candidate who stated that satan was attacking America. What did you expect? Pandering to the right as usual.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 24 February 2012 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2698
Joined  2011-04-24

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/24/10499145-santorum-comments-on-forced-euthanasia-cause-stir-in-netherlands  Appropriate outburst. Santorum deserves nothing but censure.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 25 February 2012 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2010-04-19

Yeah, good way to get a head start on your foreign relations! Its American idiots like this that are the reason that the rest of the West is hoping for another Obama term.

This is why I am HOPING beyond HOPE that Santorum goes up against Obama. Santorum would get torn to shreds…

Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 25 February 2012 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Writ4U, you were certainly justified.  In fact, I admire your restraint. 

Unfortunately, as much as an evil fool as Santorum is, what’s even worse it that many people in the U.S. are so uneducated that they will believe his lies.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 25 February 2012 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

I’m a peace and love sorta guy, but if you want me to help beat him up, I’m game. Hell, you wouldn’t need any help versus that lame wimp. I’m with you W4U.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 25 February 2012 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  4350
Joined  2010-08-15
DarronS - 24 February 2012 08:28 PM

No apology necessary. I thought you practiced admirable restraint when discussing Rick Santorum.

You mean that Santorum

He’s quite the idiot and doesn’t know the line between religious fantasy and real life.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 25 February 2012 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  4350
Joined  2010-08-15

yipes, I’ve done a little web surfing and I can see where Santorum got his numbers, the right-to-lifers have been going after Netherlands for a while.

However, it’s not all they make it out to be.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15018208
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthanasia_in_the_Netherlands

I think what these religious zealots miss is that the sanctity of death deserves defending also.  When I’m old, infirm, that is my body’s coming apart, I believe I have the right to hasten the departing if circumstance make the days a living hell down a slippery one way slope.  That’s why it’s important to live today to the fullest, this is the time to do that. 

Stretching out ones last days of agony seems kind of dumb to me, no thanks.
Euthanasia laws can be made dignified and just.

But, as usual the right rather beat the hell out of a social issue, than try to understand it’s many human nuances.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 26 February 2012 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

Yes, the fundies believe in freedom of the individual, as long as they can get to say what those freedoms are… grrrrrrrr.

[ Edited: 26 February 2012 02:34 AM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

W4U

Posted: 26 February 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2012-02-02

That Santorum has any traction at all is an indication of just how broken politics in America are.  He, and many of the other GOP candidates have been stumping on platforms which run counter to the very principles upon which this nation was founded.  Santorum and the others should have been called on the carpet and chewed out by the party brass (and excoriated in the media) for many of their statements.  They haven’t been, instead, they’ve had those statements embraced by the party, and expanded upon.

All of which means that come November of this year, Obama is likely to win reelection, not because he’s the best person for the job, but because there simply is no alternative.  This weakens democracy in America as we’re not having reasoned discussions about whom to elect, we’re simply voting for “Not Crazy,” and the fact that possibly many of his policies aren’t what we should have as a nation, as to go by the wayside.  Or to put it other terms:  We’re choosing between execution or double amputation.  Neither of them is remotely what should be considered ideal.

Signature 

“There will come a time when it isn’t ‘They’re spying on me through my phone’ anymore. Eventually, it will be ‘My phone is spying on me’.” ― Philip K. Dick

The Atheist in the Trailer Park

Posted: 26 February 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-02-26

Hello to all, I have been following “write4U” on here for some time now and finally figured I would give it a try. Santorum was the last straw though, I have to ask when did the Republican party become a group of idiots that should be filmed and put on the animal planet as a program showing why mothers in the wild cull the children in the pack who are least likely to contribute to the survival of the pack.

Signature 

and everything

Posted: 26 February 2012 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  4842
Joined  2007-10-05
level42 - 26 February 2012 02:53 PM

I have to ask when did the Republican party become a group of idiots that should be filmed and put on the animal planet as a program showing why mothers in the wild cull the children in the pack who are least likely to contribute to the survival of the pack.

When they selected GW Bush as their presidential candidate.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 26 February 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
level42 - 26 February 2012 02:53 PM

Hello to all, I have been following “write4U” on here for some time now and finally figured I would give it a try. Santorum was the last straw though, I have to ask when did the Republican party become a group of idiots that should be filmed and put on the animal planet as a program showing why mothers in the wild cull the children in the pack who are least likely to contribute to the survival of the pack.

Well thank you level42,
let’s hope the voters will do the culling.

Signature 

W4U

Posted: 26 February 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Did you see Santorum when he mocked Obama because Obama wants everyone to go to college??? UnFriggin believable. LINK

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

1 of 3