Email notification
Posted: 27 February 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9283
Joined  2006-08-29

Is there any way to stop the subscription to ALL of the threads? I seem to be able to only unsubscribe to individual threads.

Posted: 27 February 2012 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
George - 27 February 2012 07:21 AM

Is there any way to stop the subscription to ALL of the threads? I seem to be able to only unsubscribe to individual threads.

In your control panel you should be able to see your subscriptions, under “Utilities”. Also under “Email Settings” you can turn off the option to get notified whenever you post to a thread. (I’ve always had this turned off ...)

You can also double check when you post to a thread that the “Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread” checkbox below is NOT checked.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 27 February 2012 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Thanks. I hoped there would be an easier way than to having to remember to unsubscribe each time I post in a new thread. This is very frustrating.

Posted: 27 February 2012 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
George - 27 February 2012 07:42 AM

Thanks. I hoped there would be an easier way than to having to remember to unsubscribe each time I post in a new thread. This is very frustrating.

Yeah, once you turn it off in your control panel it won’t be a problem going forward. (Assuming you’ve unsubscribed from your past threads).

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 27 February 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5173
Joined  2010-06-16

Geez, the thought of getting an e-mail notification for every post after I’ve posted on a thread is terrifying.  I’m glad that I never got that turned on. LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 27 February 2012 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

I don’t really recall turning it on either. I don’t know how it happened. They go directly into my junk mail on my computers, but my iPhone doesn’t seem to have that option; at least I am not aware of one. I can usually delete them pretty quickly, but I did something to my phone last night only to wake up this morning and find out I had over three thousand emails on my phone. It took the whole morning to get rid of them.  confused

Posted: 27 February 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
George - 27 February 2012 12:12 PM

I don’t really recall turning it on either. I don’t know how it happened. They go directly into my junk mail on my computers, but my iPhone doesn’t seem to have that option; at least I am not aware of one. I can usually delete them pretty quickly, but I did something to my phone last night only to wake up this morning and find out I had over three thousand emails on my phone. It took the whole morning to get rid of them.  confused

shock

Signature 

Doug

‹‹ nodaybuttoday      Trolls ››